Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Rebuild Centered Around Tricky Artemi Panarin, Kevin Hayes Pursuit

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    What endorsements does Lundqvist have besides Pepsi, Bauer, and Steiner Sports?
    advil, Tag, Head and shoulders, among the national brands I can think of off the top of my head

Most of these guys also have partnerships with local car dealers, local clothing companies, make appearances, etc
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Really because McDavid makes a ton and he's a fucking dud in the personality department.
    "Only make a few million a year.... not enough" lol
    And maybe you should pay attention to Panarin, then. Guy has a instagram for his dog and a model wife. Plenty of personality and selling power.
    There are plenty of opportunities to make money from endorsements in NYC. Claiming otherwise is foolish.
    There are three superstars in the NHL In regards to endorsements.
    Crosby
    Mcdavid
    Ovechkin
    All there rely primarily on their gear co tracts through Nike/Bauer etc.
    Moving to New York for Panarin changes that expose not at all.

Let me summarize this way. Lundy makes 700k a year in endorsements. Little to none of it local.

To think NY businessís care about hockey is foolish. There is ZERO history of it in 100 years. But some barely noticeable hockey player is all of a sudden going to reap millions in local endorsements that he canít do In Florida.

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    What endorsements does Lundqvist have besides Pepsi, Bauer, and Steiner Sports?
    Tag, Head and Shoulders (in Sweden).

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    There are three superstars in the NHL In regards to endorsements.
    Crosby
    Mcdavid
    Ovechkin
    All there rely primarily on their gear co tracts through Nike/Bauer etc.
    Moving to New York for Panarin changes that expose not at all.

Let me summarize this way. Lundy makes 700k a year in endorsements. Little to none of it local.

To think NY business’s care about hockey is foolish. There is ZERO history of it in 100 years. But some barely noticeable hockey player is all of a sudden going to reap millions in local endorsements that he can’t do In Florida.

Nice

The point is, during negotiations, "Artemi... you come here and be a star, your name will sell itself and youll make up those bucks in other opportunities that other cities can not offer"

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    The point is, during negotiations, "Artemi... you come here and be a star, your name will sell itself and youll make up those bucks in other opportunities that other cities can not offer"
    Which would be a lie

Moderator Junior Division
    Sunrise is like an hour from Miami. I'm sure Panarin - or whoever - could find some opportunities there.

If he wants endorsements because he's a hockey player, Florida ain't it. But there are probably a thousand Untuckit's in Miami that he can invest in.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Which would be a lie

Regardless of how you look at it, you know who don't have any endorsement deals? Panther's players.

Playing in NY gets you on the map in a way that playing in CBJ and FLA just don't get you.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Regardless of how you look at it, you know who don't have any endorsement deals? Panther's players.

Playing in NY gets you on the map in a way that playing in CBJ and FLA just don't get you.
    Yet has never happened

Rick Nash was in the top 10 of endorsements after he was shipped to NY, and he didnt do shit. You know what, Brad Richards was on that list too.

Moderator Junior Division
    Rick Nash was in the top 10 of endorsements after he was shipped to NY, and he didnt do shit. You know what, Brad Richards was on that list too.
    What is this "Top 10 of Endorsements"? Is that a thing that is actually tracked?

I doubt very seriously that that sort of thing is done with any accuracy, because there's no way players are making their full financials public lol. Some endorsement info might be public, but there's no way that information accounts for things like special appearances, speaking fees, etc.

Senior Member Bantam Division LONG LONG LONG TIME FAN's Avatar
    Oh sure. Players sign contracts to further their chances to have many endorsements. No other reason. Gotcha. Some people will say and actually believe anything.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Last edited by Long live the King; 04-15-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Theo Fleury for Smirnoff Vodka

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Yet has never happened

It's not a fact, but if you say so.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Hank was on TV here all winter for H&S

Never ever
    After becoming a free agent in 2011, Richards opted to continue his playing career in New York. The decision paid off by leading to an endorsement with UNTUCKit shirts. “We are extremely excited about this partnership,” UNTUCKit CEO Chris Riccobono said. “I’ve always been a huge sports fan, and as a New Yorker, I’m a big Rangers and Richards fan. Brad is known for his sense of style. The fact that he is also a fellow wine connoisseur makes him the perfect ambassador for UNTUCKit.” Richards also has endorsements with Under Armour, Chase Bank and Muscletech, a sports supplement brand.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Rick Nash made 150k of endorsements annually!
    The majority of that from gear before he got to NY.

But, Iíll give you a third of that directly to NY local. So....by playing in NY he gained a extra 50k a year.

How much is income tax on 10 million annually in NY? Asking for a friend

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Rick Nash made 150k of endorsements annually!
    The majority of that from gear before he got to NY.

But, I’ll give you a third of that directly to NY local. So....by playing in NY he gained a extra 50k a year.

How much is income tax on 10 million annually in NY? Asking for a friend

City or state?

Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    I can't find aggregate endorsement figures for Ovechkin post-June, 2018, but he's everywhere in DC. He was at $4.5m in 2017-18, and I gotta think that he got a significant bump from leading a major metro area team to its first Stanley Cup after 44 years of futility. His "we didn't fucking suck" line at the victory rally may or may not have helped.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    City or state?
    Both
    Florida has neither

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast