Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Rebuild Centered Around Tricky Artemi Panarin, Kevin Hayes Pursuit

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I have to believe that Lundquist is making more off endorsements in NY than he would if he had played his career in FLA.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Taxes have absolutely never helped the Panthers land a player over the Rangers.
    Florida teams don’t win. There should not under any circumstances be 9, count them, 9, major sports franchises in that state. Interest in most of those teams are usually very low. Most of them have their struggles at the gate. Even at the height of the LeBron James Heat days, during their title runs, people were showing up in 2nd quarter and leaving midway through the 4th.
    Teams down there draw athletes because of the absence of state tax and the weather and lifestyle you can live. But that’s least true in hockey.
    Even if Panarin signed there, Florida isn’t a true competitor with the Rangers for FA’s.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Endorsements are more national and electronic now than before. It’s no longer regional like it was.
    I’m guessing the taxes are a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    I don't buy that Panarin would make as much in endorsements with Florida than in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    I don't buy that Panarin would make as much in endorsements with Florida than in New York.
    He wouldn’t. No way.

This question is whether or not he wants to live in NYC or Miami, and how much a factor the tax implications and cost of living are, and what if anything the Rangers might do to offset that.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Who's the last big time key free agent that signed in Florida? Yandle?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Who's the last big time key free agent that signed in Florida? Yandle?
    If Yandle could be considered that, then yes.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    If Yandle could be considered that, then yes.
    Yes, he's considered that for sure.

day-to-day Midget Division
    Hayes has been invisible so far against St Louis in the playoffs. Winnipeg not getting much from him.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Hayes has been invisible so far against St Louis in the playoffs. Winnipeg not getting much from him.
    Not playing either.
    Centering their 4th line and only played like 8:30 in Game 2.

Possible that he’s dealing with an injury?

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Endorsements are more national and electronic now than before. It’s no longer regional like it was.
    I’m guessing the taxes are a big difference.

Not true.

Guys still do ads, commercials and appearances for local companies. Those pay more in NYC. Additionally, NYC has many more “international companies” than small markets.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Wade Redden endorsed cocaine.

Actually cost him money to do so though.

Just curious though, how many rangers have endorsement deals? Hank sure but who else? I don’t remember leetch and messier having much. Jagr? Gaborik?

Jed Ortmeyer had endorsements

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    And kreider is not your typical power forward. He’s one of the fastest guys in the league. The fact that’s hes big and strong makes him comparable butttpical power forwards don’t skate half as well as kreider. In fact 90% of the league doesn’t.
    I've always thought Kreider was more similar to Gaborik than any power forward. Speed down the wing and that shot is what Gabby made a career out of.

Kreider has changed to be a net-front player though. He'll be able to score those goals for a long time. He's not as good of a scorer, but he can have the exact same career as Joe Pavelski.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Gabby had excellent hands. At his best, he was the closest thing to Bure in terms of a package of speed and hands. A lot of that was wasted with his prime played under the thumb of Jacques and Torts. I really like Kreider as a player and hope he is signed, but he has no hands.

Gabby's five goal torching of Hank was a microcosm of his career. After he scored the fifth goal early in the third, Jacques gave him one more shift. I was at the game and outraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Gabby had excellent hands. At his best, he was the closest thing to Bure in terms of a package of speed and hands. A lot of that was wasted with his prime played under the thumb of Jacques and Torts. I really like Kreider as a player and hope he is signed, but he has no hands.

Gabby's five goal torching of Hank was a microcosm of his career. After he scored the fifth goal early in the third, Jacques gave him one more shift. I was at the game and outraged.
    Gaborik scored 40+ twice with Torts. I'm not sure I would call that a wasted prime. His prime was cut short mostly because of injury - not the coach.

Moderator BSBH Prospect

Rangers Rebuild Centered Around Tricky Artemi Panarin, Kevin Hayes Pursuit

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Not true.

Guys still do ads, commercials and appearances for local companies. Those pay more in NYC. Additionally, NYC has many more “international companies” than small markets.
    Charismatic Superstars such as Ovechkin only make a few million a year in endorsements. Once again, these are international and not local.
    Lundqvist only makes less than a million per year, (as of 2015), and that was primarily from Bauer.
    There is just no way any NY hockey player like Panarin is going to get enough local dollars to cover the income tax.

Last edited by Puck Head; 04-15-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    What endorsements does Lundqvist have besides Pepsi, Bauer, and Steiner Sports?

Really because McDavid makes a ton and he's a fucking dud in the personality department.
    "Only make a few million a year.... not enough" lol
    And maybe you should pay attention to Panarin, then. Guy has a instagram for his dog and a model wife. Plenty of personality and selling power.
    There are plenty of opportunities to make money from endorsements in NYC. Claiming otherwise is foolish.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast