• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Rebuild Centered Around Tricky Artemi Panarin, Kevin Hayes Pursuit

Phil

Gabby had excellent hands. At his best, he was the closest thing to Bure in terms of a package of speed and hands. A lot of that was wasted with his prime played under the thumb of Jacques and Torts. I really like Kreider as a player and hope he is signed, but he has no hands.

Gabby's five goal torching of Hank was a microcosm of his career. After he scored the fifth goal early in the third, Jacques gave him one more shift. I was at the game and outraged.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabby had excellent hands. At his best, he was the closest thing to Bure in terms of a package of speed and hands. A lot of that was wasted with his prime played under the thumb of Jacques and Torts. I really like Kreider as a player and hope he is signed, but he has no hands.

Gabby's five goal torching of Hank was a microcosm of his career. After he scored the fifth goal early in the third, Jacques gave him one more shift. I was at the game and outraged.

Gaborik scored 40+ twice with Torts. I'm not sure I would call that a wasted prime. His prime was cut short mostly because of injury - not the coach.

Not true.

Guys still do ads, commercials and appearances for local companies. Those pay more in NYC. Additionally, NYC has many more ?international companies? than small markets.

Charismatic Superstars such as Ovechkin only make a few million a year in endorsements. Once again, these are international and not local.

Lundqvist only makes less than a million per year, (as of 2015), and that was primarily from Bauer.

There is just no way any NY hockey player like Panarin is going to get enough local dollars to cover the income tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Really because McDavid makes a ton and he's a fucking dud in the personality department.

"Only make a few million a year.... not enough" lol

And maybe you should pay attention to Panarin, then. Guy has a instagram for his dog and a model wife. Plenty of personality and selling power.

There are plenty of opportunities to make money from endorsements in NYC. Claiming otherwise is foolish.

What endorsements does Lundqvist have besides Pepsi, Bauer, and Steiner Sports?

advil, Tag, Head and shoulders, among the national brands I can think of off the top of my head

Most of these guys also have partnerships with local car dealers, local clothing companies, make appearances, etc

Really because McDavid makes a ton and he's a fucking dud in the personality department.

"Only make a few million a year.... not enough" lol

And maybe you should pay attention to Panarin, then. Guy has a instagram for his dog and a model wife. Plenty of personality and selling power.

There are plenty of opportunities to make money from endorsements in NYC. Claiming otherwise is foolish.

There are three superstars in the NHL In regards to endorsements.

Crosby

Mcdavid

Ovechkin

All there rely primarily on their gear co tracts through Nike/Bauer etc.

Moving to New York for Panarin changes that expose not at all.

Let me summarize this way. Lundy makes 700k a year in endorsements. Little to none of it local.

To think NY business?s care about hockey is foolish. There is ZERO history of it in 100 years. But some barely noticeable hockey player is all of a sudden going to reap millions in local endorsements that he can?t do In Florida.

Nice

There are three superstars in the NHL In regards to endorsements.

Crosby

Mcdavid

Ovechkin

All there rely primarily on their gear co tracts through Nike/Bauer etc.

Moving to New York for Panarin changes that expose not at all.

Let me summarize this way. Lundy makes 700k a year in endorsements. Little to none of it local.

To think NY business’s care about hockey is foolish. There is ZERO history of it in 100 years. But some barely noticeable hockey player is all of a sudden going to reap millions in local endorsements that he can’t do In Florida.

Nice

The point is, during negotiations, "Artemi... you come here and be a star, your name will sell itself and youll make up those bucks in other opportunities that other cities can not offer"

Sunrise is like an hour from Miami. I'm sure Panarin - or whoever - could find some opportunities there.

If he wants endorsements because he's a hockey player, Florida ain't it. But there are probably a thousand Untuckit's in Miami that he can invest in.

Rick Nash was in the top 10 of endorsements after he was shipped to NY, and he didnt do shit. You know what, Brad Richards was on that list too.

What is this "Top 10 of Endorsements"? Is that a thing that is actually tracked?

I doubt very seriously that that sort of thing is done with any accuracy, because there's no way players are making their full financials public lol. Some endorsement info might be public, but there's no way that information accounts for things like special appearances, speaking fees, etc.

Never ever

After becoming a free agent in 2011, Richards opted to continue his playing career in New York. The decision paid off by leading to an endorsement with UNTUCKit shirts. “We are extremely excited about this partnership,” UNTUCKit CEO Chris Riccobono said. “I’ve always been a huge sports fan, and as a New Yorker, I’m a big Rangers and Richards fan. Brad is known for his sense of style. The fact that he is also a fellow wine connoisseur makes him the perfect ambassador for UNTUCKit.” Richards also has endorsements with Under Armour, Chase Bank and Muscletech, a sports supplement brand.

Rick Nash was in the top 10 of endorsements after he was shipped to NY, and he didnt do shit. You know what, Brad Richards was on that list too.

Rick Nash made 150k of endorsements annually!

The majority of that from gear before he got to NY.

But, I?ll give you a third of that directly to NY local. So....by playing in NY he gained a extra 50k a year.

How much is income tax on 10 million annually in NY? Asking for a friend

Rick Nash made 150k of endorsements annually!

The majority of that from gear before he got to NY.

But, I’ll give you a third of that directly to NY local. So....by playing in NY he gained a extra 50k a year.

How much is income tax on 10 million annually in NY? Asking for a friend

City or state?

I can't find aggregate endorsement figures for Ovechkin post-June, 2018, but he's everywhere in DC. He was at $4.5m in 2017-18, and I gotta think that he got a significant bump from leading a major metro area team to its first Stanley Cup after 44 years of futility. His "we didn't fucking suck" line at the victory rally may or may not have helped.