• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Rebuild Centered Around Tricky Artemi Panarin, Kevin Hayes Pursuit

Phil

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else find it ironic and amusing that 10 months ago, Hoffman was traded to Florida more or less as a punishment for the whole thing with Karlsson and their ladies and now we’re talking about Panarin signing there?

Well he was traded to San Jose, so there's that lol

Got a link to an article?
I saw something a couple weeks ago which struck me and I'll try to run it down. But Sean McIndoe made fun of it this week in the Athletic in his article "Finding Positive Thoughts For Non-Playoff Teams." Positive note #3 for the Hawks was, "Let's face it, they're signing Artemi Panarin this summer," which I read as a sarcastic take on the optimism that has been out there in CHI.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I saw something a couple weeks ago which struck me and I'll try to run it down. But Sean McIndoe made fun of it this week in the Athletic in his article "Finding Positive Thoughts For Non-Playoff Teams." Positive note #3 for the Hawks was, "Let's face it, they're signing Artemi Panarin this summer," which I read as a sarcastic take on the optimism that has been out there in CHI.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

While they do technically have the space to sign him, they have other holes to fill. Not sure he’s too viable there. They’d be sacrificing more depth if they sign him when that’s already an issue for what is a top heavy group that is aging. Not saying that all their guys are in decline, cause they aren’t, and they’ve added some young guys who have really contributed nicely and performed well. I could see them taking another run or two at the Cup with the bulk of their current core in place.

But I don’t know that they could really do another big, long-term contract with what they currently have on the books. Possible, but seems a bit of a long shot to me.

Florida makes sense as he would be teamed up with Joel Quenneville

Quenneville was irate when Bowman traded him. That much is true. Guessing they had a great relationship. And I do think Florida is close, provided they figure out their goalie situation and improve the D a little.

Imagine a top-6 in Florida looking somewhat like this:

Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov

Panarin-Trochek-Hoffman

Obviously those lines and where guus specifically play isn’t set in stone.

But that group is scary.

I’ve heard on nhl Sirius radio over the past month or so that panarin has an apartment in nyc and a home in Miami. Anyone know if that is true?

I hadnt heard about a place in NYC.

But, Panarin does still have an apartment in New York City, which leads many to believe he might become a full-time tenant and put on a royal blue sweater next season.

https://foreverblueshirts.com/big-name-free-agents-could-have-a-big-impact-on-rangers-future/

Quenneville was irate when Bowman traded him. That much is true. Guessing they had a great relationship. And I do think Florida is close, provided they figure out their goalie situation and improve the D a little.

Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov

Panarin-Trochek-Hoffman

But that group is scary.

Yeppers.

I'd be shocked if the odds of bringing in Panarin isn't part of why Florida wanted Quenneville, and why Quenneville might have wanted to go there. I don't think that's the deciding factor for either party, but I'd doubt very seriously that the Panarin relationship didn't have some influence.

He also does have a condo in Miami, that he just bought last spring.

Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov

Panarin-Trochek-Hoffman

But that group is scary.

And they'll still suck unless they can address their 71 year old goalie tandem...

Heponiemi for Georgiev

And they'll still suck unless they can address their 71 year old goalie tandem...

Heponiemi for Georgiev

That they will. Could use another defenseman too, but goalie situation is terrible there.

Actually if I’m Tallon and Quenneville the goalie area needs to be higher priority than Panarin.

They were actually top-10 in the league in shots allowed this year, but had second lowest save percentage. Fourth most goals allowed in the league, with a top-10 PK too.

Need a goalie. And another top-4 D too. Too many high danger chances against.

Yeppers.

I'd be shocked if the odds of bringing in Panarin isn't part of why Florida wanted Quenneville, and why Quenneville might have wanted to go there. I don't think that's the deciding factor for either party, but I'd doubt very seriously that the Panarin relationship didn't have some influence.

He also does have a condo in Miami, that he just bought last spring.

lots of Russians have condos in Miami. Hallendale and Sunny Isles are all russian

You're getting a 3rd and/or 4th rounder for Georgiev.

Why would anybody give you value on him when you can just pluck one of 15 Euro goalies for nothing that could do the same thing he can.

Because he's done it in the NHL.