Poll: Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 237

Thread: 2018-19 | ECQF | Tampa Bay Lightning (A1) v. Columbus Blue Jackets (WC2)

  1. #41
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,335
    Rep Power
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    They're just upset that they beat the Rangers in Game 7 of the ECF. They should be more upset with the Rangers b/c they decided not to show up for that game.
    yeah I'm not understanding the Tampa Bay hate beyond that. I mean, how dare they try and win a stanley cup right?

    a team that isn't the islanders, devils, flyers or penguins winning the cup moves us up 30 spots in the draft. That's big. I support it.
    __________________________________

  2. #42
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,585
    Rep Power
    88
    See...sure you guys can try and draw parallels to who our real "rivals" are - but the Rangers haven't shown up to play the Isles in ages. The Flyers and Devils are just about as irrelevant as the Rangers, so it doesn't feel like a rivalry. Pitt is just...considerably better than us now, so again...I don't hate them the same way I do a team that shut us out, then collected our players.
    Fuck the fucking lightning.
    LGR!

  3. #43
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,335
    Rep Power
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    See...sure you guys can try and draw parallels to who our real "rivals" are - but the Rangers haven't shown up to play the Isles in ages. The Flyers and Devils are just about as irrelevant as the Rangers, so it doesn't feel like a rivalry. Pitt is just...considerably better than us now, so again...I don't hate them the same way I do a team that shut us out, then collected our players.
    Fuck the fucking lightning.
    regional rivalries will always be a thing. I'm just not understanding the reason for hating Tampa. Not saying you can't hate them. You wanna hate them, go for it lol. I just think whatever the reason is, it's not worth dropping (or not jumping) 30 spots in the draft
    __________________________________

  4. #44
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,585
    Rep Power
    88
    Well, that's why it's an emotion. It's not meant to be rational. lol.
    And you consider the Islanders a rival? The Devils? I don't really think either of those have been as deep of a rivalry in at least a few seasons, maybe more.
    LGR!

  5. #45
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    685
    Rep Power
    22
    This notion that Tampa is a "record breaking" dominant team is absurd. They had 49 regulation wins in an 82 game schedule. I just eye balled the standings for the 1970s. Using 47 wins in an 78 game schedule as the equivalent of 50 in an 82 game schedule, a total of 26 teams in the 1970s had 50 regulation wins in a season. Tampa's record is just a product of numerous ties becoming wins in our every kid gets a trophy era. They are a fairly average first place team by historical standards.

  6. #46
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77,378
    Rep Power
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    This notion that Tampa is a "record breaking" dominant team is absurd. They had 49 regulation wins in an 82 game schedule. I just eye balled the standings for the 1970s. Using 47 wins in an 78 game schedule as the equivalent of 50 in an 82 game schedule, a total of 26 teams in the 1970s had 50 regulation wins in a season. Tampa's record is just a product of numerous ties becoming wins in our every kid gets a trophy era. They are a fairly average first place team by historical standards.
    Who cares? They're the best team in the NHL and probably the best team of the cap era.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,043
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    See...sure you guys can try and draw parallels to who our real "rivals" are - but the Rangers haven't shown up to play the Isles in ages. The Flyers and Devils are just about as irrelevant as the Rangers, so it doesn't feel like a rivalry. Pitt is just...considerably better than us now, so again...I don't hate them the same way I do a team that shut us out, then collected our players.
    Fuck the fucking lightning.
    How is Pitt "considerably better than us now", but not Tampa? You don't hate pitt because they just are better than us, but you hate Tampa for knocking us out of the playoffs once, because they were better than us.

    We shut ourselves out, in back to back home games. Hate the '15 Rangers instead lol.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,223
    Rep Power
    34
    Go Jackets!

  9. #49
    Senior Member Bantam Division NYRangers723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,144
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Go Jackets!
    On one hand I want the lightning to collapse but I also want the extra first rounder. It would be easier if the Jets are knocked out and Dallas gets to the WCF

  10. #50
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,223
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
    On one hand I want the lightning to collapse but I also want the extra first rounder. It would be easier if the Jets are knocked out and Dallas gets to the WCF
    I couldn't care less about the Jets, or Kevin Hayes, so I'm okay with them being eliminated. I'm fine with Dallas getting to the WCF or even going all the way.

  11. #51
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,223
    Rep Power
    34
    St. Louis is the power play coach for CBJ. Didn't know that.

  12. #52
    Senior Member Bantam Division NYRangers723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,144
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I couldn't care less about the Jets, or Kevin Hayes, so I'm okay with them being eliminated. I'm fine with Dallas getting to the WCF or even going all the way.
    Thats what I want too. That Jets pick would be 18-21 and Dallas would be 27 at least

  13. #53
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,585
    Rep Power
    88
    Get out the fucking brooms
    LGR!

  14. #54
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So Nashty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,784
    Rep Power
    56
    i dont think this series is close to being over but tampa is such trash so far holy hell.

  15. #55
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,585
    Rep Power
    88
    Kucherov is such a bitch
    LGR!

  16. #56
    Senior Member Midget Division
    paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    3,154
    Rep Power
    23
    Real ugly for TB not looking good


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  17. #57
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,822
    Rep Power
    71
    You know what? If Tampa isn't going to win the Cup, I would enjoy a 1st round upset (sweep would be unreal).

  18. #58
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,585
    Rep Power
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    You know what? If Tampa isn't going to win the Cup, I would enjoy a 1st round upset (sweep would be unreal).
    LGR!

  19. #59
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,585
    Rep Power
    88
    Duschene - locker room cancer.
    Playoff performer?
    hAHhahahaa, god, I'm fucking loving this so far.
    LGR!

  20. #60
    #BringZuccsBack Bantam Division rangers02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    SE Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,051
    Rep Power
    7
    CBJ is playing similar to the Rangers but with more physicality.

    Torts hockey at its best.
    #KakkoSzn

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •