Poll: Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 237

Thread: 2018-19 | ECQF | Tampa Bay Lightning (A1) v. Columbus Blue Jackets (WC2)

  1. #121
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,868
    Rep Power
    96
    Cooper's lost this team. He can't go into the locker room and fire these guys up for what should be an amazingly defensive shut-down Tortorella-style hockey.
    Enjoy the third period guys.
    #imthebadguy

  2. #122
    #68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    Karan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    8,661
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Can we shup up about the 8 seed meaning nothing, now?
    Yeah totally. It's crazy how a team with the right mentality and particular match up can completely shutdown one of the most dominant regular season teams of all time.

  3. #123
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78,727
    Rep Power
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Karan View Post
    Yeah totally. It's crazy how a team with the right mentality and particular match up can completely shutdown one of the most dominant regular season teams of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Can we shup up about the 8 seed meaning nothing, now?
    No lol.

    This 8th seed is loaded.

  4. #124
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,448
    Rep Power
    333
    Only because they loaded up at the deadline

  5. #125
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    11,001
    Rep Power
    106
    Go Torts Go!


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  6. #126
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78,727
    Rep Power
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Only because they loaded up at the deadline
    Because they were good already.

  7. #127
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,448
    Rep Power
    333
    They were like six points ahead of our beloved Rangers.

    They're playing the "best team ever".

    Anything can happen in a short tournament. This is a short tournament.

  8. #128
    day-to-day Midget Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    4,971
    Rep Power
    104
    another game where tb doesn’t show up until the third. hedman mouths off at end of second game and can’t even suit up for game 3. sums up this series, hope tb gets swept
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  9. #129
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,448
    Rep Power
    333
    Cooper can go back to climbing Kilimanjaro with shark attack victims and Fijian virgins, or whatever the fuck this weirdo does when he's not busy smugly choking.

  10. #130
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78,727
    Rep Power
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    They were like six points ahead of our beloved Rangers.

    They're playing the "best team ever".

    Anything can happen in a short tournament. This is a short tournament.
    I'm happy with #2 overall, thanks.

  11. #131
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,570
    Rep Power
    42
    The only think thats scary is that this makes east so freaking open. Always just thought tampa would make easy work out of the east, but now everything can happen.... and Islanders are 3-0 up against pens.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  12. #132
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,868
    Rep Power
    96
    I'm so fucking giddy.
    #imthebadguy

  13. #133
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    27
    Two thoughts:

    Not much sympathy for TB being without Hedman and Kuchy. If the Rangers hadn't been saddled with all sorts of injuries, including their best player, TB would not have gone to the finals in 2015.

    There will be talk of TB's window closing, just as there was with Washington two years ago. A TB team that is less dominant in the regular season and better primed for the playoffs could be right where it needs to be next year, just as Washington was last year.

  14. #134
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,570
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Two thoughts:

    Not much sympathy for TB being without Hedman and Kuchy. If the Rangers hadn't been saddled with all sorts of injuries, including their best player, TB would not have gone to the finals in 2015.

    There will be talk of TB's window closing, just as there was with Washington two years ago. A TB team that is less dominant in the regular season and better primed for the playoffs could be right where it needs to be next year, just as Washington was last year.
    Watch them cruise through the playoffs next season when we dont get a 1st if they win.

  15. #135
    day-to-day Midget Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    4,971
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Watch them cruise through the playoffs next season when we dont get a 1st if they win.
    No team 'cruises' to 16 wins, as many former President Trophy winning teams have learned as they've been bounced. If I was Lightning I'd look at Capitals as case study - look at how many times Washington dominated in the regular season only to flame out early in the playoffs. The locker room had to change in Washington before they got their Cup - it wasn't their most talented team that finally got it done. TB has yet to prove it has the mettle to get it done - Islanders have issued a challenge with their play that Lightning have so far failed to match.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  16. #136
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,868
    Rep Power
    96
    One more for the good guys.
    Can't wait for game 4. Hope someone drops Kucherov hard.
    #imthebadguy

  17. #137
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    No team 'cruises' to 16 wins, as many former President Trophy winning teams have learned as they've been bounced. If I was Lightning I'd look at Capitals as case study - look at how many times Washington dominated in the regular season only to flame out early in the playoffs. The locker room had to change in Washington before they got their Cup - it wasn't their most talented team that finally got it done. TB has yet to prove it has the mettle to get it done - Islanders have issued a challenge with their play that Lightning have so far failed to match.
    There are many examples of this. The Islanders ripped up the regular season in 78-79 before losing to the Rangers. They had a listless regular season the following year, finishing fully 25 points below the previous year, but won their first cup.

  18. #138
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,947
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    They were like six points ahead of our beloved Rangers.

    They're playing the "best team ever".

    Anything can happen in a short tournament. This is a short tournament.
    This team is vastly superior to our “beloved Rangers” and were pretty complete even before the deadline. They’re finally playing as the sum of its parts.

  19. #139
    Senior Member Midget Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,821
    Rep Power
    102
    Tampa not winning a Stanley Cup with this core is far worse than the Rangers not winning when they were good. Kucherov, Stamkos, Hedman, Point, McDonagh etc. They should be embarrassed getting outworked so badly thus far.

  20. #140
    #68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    Karan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    8,661
    Rep Power
    54
    True. If the Rangers assembled a roster this stacked, completely dominated the regular season by matching a record and then flamed out in the first round...that would be pretty hard to get over from as a fan.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •