• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-19 | ECQF | Tampa Bay Lightning (A1) v. Columbus Blue Jackets (WC2)

Phil

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Blue Jackets in 4
    • Blue Jackets in 5
    • Blue Jackets in 6
    • Blue Jackets in 7

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck TBL. It's not objective. I understand the pick.

I fucking hate them though, still bitter to say the least.

I feel your pain, we hate that franchise with a passion: because the STILL broke my heart in 2015 and had a great laugh when they choked away the ECF last year by not scoring in two-and-a-half games.

This!

Fucking love Torts so much.

Didn’t get a chance to watch the game, but from the condensed game, it seemed like first period Bobrovsky was terrible and then he was lights out. Second and third period Bobby was a completely different tender.

You can't take his success for granted when he was with us and with TBL. He took us deep in 2012 and won a Stanley Cup in '04 with St. Louis and Lecavalier.

Torts is a winning coach. Don't @ me on this.

I hate the coach and I hate the team. I really don't give a shit about the draft pick.

^This. I thought we were moving away from that style of play in the NHL, and TBL does not have the mental toughness in order to go deep in the playoffs

Some are acting like it’s the Islanders, it’s the fucking Tampa Bay Lightning, who gives 2 shits about them. Get the first round draft pick.

:+1: They're just upset that they beat the Rangers in Game 7 of the ECF. They should be more upset with the Rangers b/c they decided not to show up for that game.

• Like 1

:+1: They're just upset that they beat the Rangers in Game 7 of the ECF. They should be more upset with the Rangers b/c they decided not to show up for that game.

yeah I'm not understanding the Tampa Bay hate beyond that. I mean, how dare they try and win a stanley cup right?

a team that isn't the islanders, devils, flyers or penguins winning the cup moves us up 30 spots in the draft. That's big. I support it.

See...sure you guys can try and draw parallels to who our real "rivals" are - but the Rangers haven't shown up to play the Isles in ages. The Flyers and Devils are just about as irrelevant as the Rangers, so it doesn't feel like a rivalry. Pitt is just...considerably better than us now, so again...I don't hate them the same way I do a team that shut us out, then collected our players.

Fuck the fucking lightning.

See...sure you guys can try and draw parallels to who our real "rivals" are - but the Rangers haven't shown up to play the Isles in ages. The Flyers and Devils are just about as irrelevant as the Rangers, so it doesn't feel like a rivalry. Pitt is just...considerably better than us now, so again...I don't hate them the same way I do a team that shut us out, then collected our players.

regional rivalries will always be a thing. I'm just not understanding the reason for hating Tampa. Not saying you can't hate them. You wanna hate them, go for it lol. I just think whatever the reason is, it's not worth dropping (or not jumping) 30 spots in the draft

This notion that Tampa is a "record breaking" dominant team is absurd. They had 49 regulation wins in an 82 game schedule. I just eye balled the standings for the 1970s. Using 47 wins in an 78 game schedule as the equivalent of 50 in an 82 game schedule, a total of 26 teams in the 1970s had 50 regulation wins in a season. Tampa's record is just a product of numerous ties becoming wins in our every kid gets a trophy era. They are a fairly average first place team by historical standards.

This notion that Tampa is a "record breaking" dominant team is absurd. They had 49 regulation wins in an 82 game schedule. I just eye balled the standings for the 1970s. Using 47 wins in an 78 game schedule as the equivalent of 50 in an 82 game schedule, a total of 26 teams in the 1970s had 50 regulation wins in a season. Tampa's record is just a product of numerous ties becoming wins in our every kid gets a trophy era. They are a fairly average first place team by historical standards.
Who cares? They're the best team in the NHL and probably the best team of the cap era.

How is Pitt "considerably better than us now", but not Tampa? You don't hate pitt because they just are better than us, but you hate Tampa for knocking us out of the playoffs once, because they were better than us.

We shut ourselves out, in back to back home games. Hate the '15 Rangers instead lol.

On one hand I want the lightning to collapse but I also want the extra first rounder. It would be easier if the Jets are knocked out and Dallas gets to the WCF :D

I couldn't care less about the Jets, or Kevin Hayes, so I'm okay with them being eliminated. I'm fine with Dallas getting to the WCF or even going all the way.