• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-19 | ECQF | Tampa Bay Lightning (A1) v. Columbus Blue Jackets (WC2)

Phil

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Blue Jackets in 4
    • Blue Jackets in 5
    • Blue Jackets in 6
    • Blue Jackets in 7

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, Presidents Trophy means nada.

Once again, McDonagh, Girardi, Callahan, Miller can’t get it done.

Fuck the bolts.

All four of them of failures. Couldn't get it done. AGAIN! What a complete and utter embarrassment for the Bolts. Expect them to blow up some pieces since they are dead against the cap.

By all means, those pieces we traded werent the entire nucleus of the team....however, they did exactly what? At some point we should be seen as trolling this franchise for what we have given them and received in return. They are hy far a bigger mess than we are.

Just an aside here. I thought Adam Clendening was one of the better scrap heap d-men we've gone through in recent years. He just spent all but 4 games in the minors on a two way contract but just came up and played two very good games for Columbus (nice feed on their second goal tonight). NHL players get their last paycheck before the playoffs. I guess this guy is going to go on a playoff run for Columbus and basically get nothing but his minor league salary (and whatever scraps you get for winning playoff rounds). Weird way to fall through the cracks.

I honestly dont understand this at all. So dominant in the regular season, up 3-0(!!) at home in the first period of the playoffs and then ending up getting swept? How is it even possible? Playoff hockey is something else.

I dont really understand the crazy hate for Tampa in here tho. They knocked out Rangers once (mostly because of Rangers themselves), but besides that one series, what is to hate? Why do "everyone" hate Callahan, McD and G? I dont get it.

Much rather have a 1st (and help my team, Rangers) than see one team I dont give a shit about beating another team I dont give a shit about, but guess thats just me.

• Like 1

Hey, whatever happened to JT Miller?
Only you would ask that and not "What happened to Stamkos, Kucherov, Hedman..."

Just gets a bigger eye roll every time.

It's bonkers to me that anyone would call out the ex Ranger role players when the top 4 scorers for Tampa were trash...

I don't know why so may people hate Tampa. They're a pretty likeable team, unlike Boston for example.

Those other guys aren't buy out candidates that were traded by the team this message board exists because of.
Not really sure why it matters. They can't be blamed for what happened when big guns do fuck all.

Still don't know why people hate Tampa lol.

Can't help sticking this Tampa team in the same bag as the 16/17 Capitals. Mauled the rest of the league in the reg season, President's Trophy, went out disappointingly early. Had a much less impressive next season but became a much more dangerous animal in the playoffs. (Not unlike the UVA analogy.) We'll see if the parallel holds up.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I honestly dont understand this at all. So dominant in the regular season, up 3-0(!!) at home in the first period of the playoffs and then ending up getting swept? How is it even possible? Playoff hockey is something else.

I dont really understand the crazy hate for Tampa in here tho. They knocked out Rangers once (mostly because of Rangers themselves), but besides that one series, what is to hate? Why do "everyone" hate Callahan, McD and G? I dont get it.

Much rather have a 1st (and help my team, Rangers) than see one team I dont give a shit about beating another team I dont give a shit about, but guess thats just me.

Agreed 100000000%

They hustle!!... oh wait...

I think the majority of that squad is overrated, including Yzerman as GM. Look at all those danger zone contracts.

Still didn?t expect them to go out like that, woof

How are they overrated? You know who's overrated? Winnipeg.

After the top 3 forwards and Hedman, no one is really highly touted. And the top 3 are elite forwards.

As far as the contracts, every competitive team in the cap era will have that issue. You build it to get 3 or 4 legit cracks at it and then you sell off stuff and start over. A team who didn't do it (Kings) vs a team who did (Boston) is difference between a good GM and a weak one. Really can't blame a GM in a cap era for trying to keep a great team together.

How are they overrated? You know who's overrated? Winnipeg.

After the top 3 forwards and Hedman, no one is really highly touted. And the top 3 are elite forwards.

As far as the contracts, every competitive team in the cap era will have that issue. You build it to get 3 or 4 legit cracks at it and then you sell off stuff and start over. A team who didn't do it (Kings) vs a team who did (Boston) is difference between a good GM and a weak one. Really can't blame a GM in a cap era for trying to keep a great team together.

I think Tampa is a good team, but I think a lot of those guys got paid as good players, when they should have been paid as depth players playing on a good team.