• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-19 | ECQF | Tampa Bay Lightning (A1) v. Columbus Blue Jackets (WC2)

Phil

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Blue Jackets in 4
    • Blue Jackets in 5
    • Blue Jackets in 6
    • Blue Jackets in 7

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kuchy may get a game, because the league may actually want to avoid the backlash resulting from the appearance of special treatment to stars if they let him off. Also, the league may be sensitive to the fact that it came at garbage time, and they want to avoid donnybrooks during those times. His hit bears little consequence if it is just a matter of getting thrown out of a lopsided game with 5 minutes left. Finally, hitting a player on his knees along the boards is a particular no-no; the guy is at his most prone. He wasn't falling to his knees at the time of the hit, he was already down.

I think all us would like the 31st pick, but every other bone in our bodies wants TB to get its arse kicked.

Torts pulling this off would be a great reply to that article that came out re: millennial athletes who don't respond to yelling and friction, but prefer warm milk, excel files and V-bucks.
Here's my truth on Torts. He's a great coach. Not the best ever. Not elite. But great. Not the best coach always for every player all the time. But who is?

He doesn't like media. Media don't like him. He's an introvert at heart. So media makes up a narrative because he pisses them off.

All the other shit about how he can't coach offense is bullshit. Good players who have offense don't need to be coached. They need a system that allows that offense to flow freely and sometimes Torts system doesn't do that. Boo hoo. He wins games.

• Like 1

Game 3 is the key to the series, imo. It seems as if Tampa read too, too many of their press clippings. Bonehead plays by the supposed elite defense corps has cost them plenty. Some people tout Hedman for the Norris. I think he is vastly over-rated. Sweet justice for J.T. would be to knock out Tampa. Sweet justice for NYR fans too.

Columbus Blue Jackets Goal Celebration - Cannon View.....

GO RANGERS!!

Did somebody post that particular article here, in which they claim, among other things, that yelling and motivational speeches no longer hold any value?

I can't find it on the Athletic. I assume it's from the Athetic, anyways, it fits their MO.

I was wrong

'Tampa Bay Lightning forward Nikita Kucherov has been suspended for one game for boarding Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Markus Nutivaara during Game 2 of the teams' First Round series in Tampa on Friday, April 12, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.'

https://www.nhl.com/news/nikita-kucherov-suspended-one-game-for-lightning-vs-blue-jackets/c-306726328?tid=306186908

This is what I expected per my previous post. It would have been two games in the regular season. It might serve to pull the Bolts non-stars to raise their games a notch. There is often a very short term benefit to losing a star that way.

Can we shup up about the 8 seed meaning nothing, now?

Yeah totally. It's crazy how a team with the right mentality and particular match up can completely shutdown one of the most dominant regular season teams of all time.

Yeah totally. It's crazy how a team with the right mentality and particular match up can completely shutdown one of the most dominant regular season teams of all time.
Can we shup up about the 8 seed meaning nothing, now?
No lol.

This 8th seed is loaded.