• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-19 | ECQF | New York Islanders (M2) v. Pittsburgh Penguins (M3)

Phil

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Islanders in 4
    • Islanders in 5
    • Islanders in 6
    • Islanders in 7
    • Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Removing the Rangers bias, the Islanders road to this postseason is amazing.

Lose Tavares.

Hire Trotz.

Go from last in goals against to first in goals against.

Barzal being given much tougher assignments.

And they don't just squeak into the playoffs. They have HOME ICE ADVANTAGE against the fucking Penguins.

Sorry. Gotta take off my Rangers hat and respect what this club has done.

Let's go piles!

I have nothing but respect for the Isles and now they have the same stability that got them four straight Stanley Cups in the 1980s with Arbour and Torrey.

Now they have Lou and Trotz. With the moves they've made over the season, NYI is due for a series win and a possible matchup with Trotz's former team in WSH.

Can only hope a little of the magic wears off during the time off before the next round, but I wouldn't count on it. Really flawless play. And now they go to Barclay's, where the bad ice will be to their advantage against Washington...

Wtf is going on in this board? People cheering for Tampa to lose and giving respect to the Islanders? I know passing a law legalizing weed is close but wtf

Sick of Penguins and Crosby and their deep playoff runs, good to see them experience some playoff pain. Sick of all the regular season talk of Lightning chasing history, TB talked a good game but didn't elevate their game from the regular season. Both Blue Jackets and Islanders outworked their opponents, played within their team systems, and just outclassed more publicized opponents. Easy for me to cheer for CBJ and NYI because in their series they played playoff hockey the right way. Round 2 is a whole different story with a different matchup, so unless a team is worn out from a 6 or 7 game series war, or has some injuries (like NYI in game 4), I haven't seen that an easy series or a hard series in round 1 has much predictive value for round 2.

Wtf is going on in this board? People cheering for Tampa to lose and giving respect to the Islanders? I know passing a law legalizing weed is close but wtf

I like hockey. I happen to like the Rangers most, but I want what's good for the league and it's future (I'm not saying TBL getting bounced in a first round sweep is good for the league per se, but a #8 seed taking out one of the best teams in the cap era is a good way to get publicity). I want to watch something entertaining. I like storylines.

Having the same 3-4 teams play each other every season isn't as fun, for me, as seeing VGK send Martin Jones repeatedly to the bench for an early exit in their second year of existence. The Islanders bringing in Trotz and Lou, losing Tavares, and signing "plugs" like Komorov and Martin only to go from 31st in the league in GA to first in the league in GA is amazing and they deserve every bit of accolade they receive.

I could go on about other things I like more than the Tampa Bay Lightning or the implications of the pick we received, but I don't think it's going to matter to you, lol.