• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-19 | ECQF | New York Islanders (M2) v. Pittsburgh Penguins (M3)

Phil

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Islanders in 4
    • Islanders in 5
    • Islanders in 6
    • Islanders in 7
    • Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pierre is bad enough, we don't need this women's hockey chick too.

Pierre's mike may short out from his tears given this woeful Pens effort. How will he go on without his beloved Cindy?

Isles are squared away defensively.

• Like 1

There will be a lot of speculation about a Penguins retool. Kessel, Malkin and Letang are all signed through 2022. Malkin seems to have a complete No Move and the other two modified. Tough finding takers for Kessel at 8m for the next three years. Someone might go for Letang at 7.25.

There will be a lot of speculation about a Penguins retool. Kessel, Malkin and Letang are all signed through 2022. Malkin seems to have a complete No Move and the other two modified. Tough finding takers for Kessel at 8m for the next three years. Someone might go for Letang at 7.25.
No there won't. It got them 2 Cups.

Look pretty stale against Isles and not matching NYI intensity so far this series. Need some fresh blood to bring some hunger to the lineup. Big guns (including Crosby) haven't shown up. Obviously you're going to keep Crosby as face of franchise, and Malkin would seem to be untouchable. Geno's been hot and taken some undisciplined penalties which haven't helped the cause either. But gotta find a way to reenergize the core. Usually that means either a coaching change or a roster shuffle.

They've been getting some very timely squarer. Lehner, while good, hasn't had to be great or steal a game for them. If this series was PIT-NYR, it would be a struggle to get more than 1-2 goals and have to rely on Lundqvist stealing just about every game.

They've been getting some very timely squarer. Lehner, while good, hasn't had to be great or steal a game for them. If this series was PIT-NYR, it would be a struggle to get more than 1-2 goals and have to rely on Lundqvist stealing just about every game.
Well, the Isles know how to defend and their offense is coming off of that.

It's apples to oranges.

Vegas and Islanders show the power of a team fully buying into a coach's program. Comprehensive buy-ins don't always last that long. I guess that's all that I have left to hope for regarding the Islanders at this point. In any event, Washington will be a different kettle of fish from a Pitts team that just hasn't felt right since it was shutout the last two games of the playoffs last year

Only silver lining to Islander's victory was the look on the face of Sidney "I Can Get Away With It Because I'm Me" Crosby at the end. I suppose Pierre having to find a new team to fawn over is a nice aspect as well.

Fairy tale story for the Isles, who most on here have vilified over & over.

Sign Barry Trotz after the Caps couldn't come to an acceptable agreement with him.

Sign Lou Lamarello as " The boss ".

Worst to 1st defensively in one year.

Lost arguably, their best player & Capt. getting zilch in return.

Get outstanding goaltending without having a true #1.

Who woulda thunk that they would have a 100+ point season?

Can they sweep the Pens? So far, Sid " The Kid " has been a complete disaster, at both ends of the ice.

Removing the Rangers bias, the Islanders road to this postseason is amazing.

Lose Tavares.

Hire Trotz.

Go from last in goals against to first in goals against.

Barzal being given much tougher assignments.

And they don't just squeak into the playoffs. They have HOME ICE ADVANTAGE against the fucking Penguins.

Sorry. Gotta take off my Rangers hat and respect what this club has done.

Let's go piles!