• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Off-Season Thread: We Got This Bread, Man

Phil

Dates to Remember:

NHL Draft Lottery — April 9

NHL Entry Draft — June 21st, 22nd

Free Agent Signing Period Begins — July 1st

Buyout Window — TBD

2019 Draft Lottery Odds:

(Non-playoff team - fewest points to most)

1 - 18.5%

2 - 13.5%

3 - 11.5%

4 - 9.5%

5 - 8.5%

6 - 7.5%

7 - 6.5%

8 - 6.0%

9 - 5.0%

10 - 3.5%

11 - 3.0%

12 - 2.5%

13 - 2.0%

14 - 1.5%

15 - 1.0%

Also:

giphy.gif

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This season fucking sucked.

I can’t do another like this. I need some hope moving forward or else I’ll be as checked out at the start of next season as I was at the end of this one. I basically haven’t watched a full game since the deadline.

Next year starts Tuesday. A lucky bounce would be nice.

Dream Scenario:

1) Win lottery.

2) Jets lose 1st round, Dallas reaches WCF, TB wins Cup.

3) Draft 4 1st round players (#1, #18-21 WPG, #28-30 DAL, #31 TB).

4) Sign Panarin.

Likely Scenario:

1) Drop 2 spots in the draft lottery.

2) Jets win the Cup. Dallas loses first round.

3) Draft 2 busts in the 1st round at #8 and #31.

4) Sign middle 6 players like Dzingel.

• Like 2

Dream Scenario:

1) Win lottery.

4) Sign Panarin.

Likely Scenario:

Lmfao!

Totally understand your pessimism but please don?t jinx them.

Dream Scenario:

1) Win lottery.

4) Sign Panarin.

Likely Scenario:

If you expect the worst you?ll be pleasantly surprised about at least one thing I guess .. hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Dream Scenario:

1) Win lottery.

4) Sign Panarin.

Likely Scenario:

Only thing to add is

5) we continue to suck ass for the foreseeable future

Vancouver getting the 1st is ballsy.

1.) Devils

2.) Avs

3.) Buffalo

8.) Rangers

I just think it would be all too convenient for Vancouver (Brother) or Detroit (been living there) to win it

Looking through the roster again, I think it would make sense to give DeAngelo and Buchnevich 1 year contracts. Neither has been consistently productive to warrant much money or multiple years. If they earn it, pay them next summer when Flab-Four Forwards come off the books.

Looking through the roster again, I think it would make sense to give DeAngelo and Buchnevich 1 year contracts. Neither has been consistently productive to warrant much money or multiple years. If they earn it, pay them next summer when Flab-Four Forwards come off the books.

I can't see them giving DeAngelo anything long term based on his "maturity issues." 1 or 2 years max. Buch on the other hand seemed to turn a corner. Not sure what he'll get.

I can't see them giving DeAngelo anything long term based on his "maturity issues." 1 or 2 years max. Buch on the other hand seemed to turn a corner. Not sure what he'll get.

Agreed. Have to go short on DeAngelo. He needs to come to heel, and until he does, can’t make a long-term commitment. As for Buchnevich, he definitely looks like he’s taken a step, but not sure if there’s enough yet on his resume to earn him a long-term deal. If they did feel his improvement was for real and did go longer on him now though, it could wind up as a real bargain. Maybe worth the chance

Since we're seemingly about to get more Finnish, I'd look to bring over a fellow countryman to make Kakko as comfortable as possible.

Oliwer Kaski seems very interesting to me. 23 year old right handed Dman is expected to sign an NHL contract this offseason. He is 6"3 200 lbs. He was the 6th leading scorer in the the Finnish league which is pretty ridiculous. 51 points and 19 goals in 59 games. I haven't seen him or heard much of him but I've read that he skates well, has a bomb of a shot and is pretty solid in his own end. Offense obviously really isn't an issue for him.

He seemed to really turn a corner this season with a 35 point jump from last season to this one, though even last season he still had 9 goals due to his huge shot. Oddly he played 1 season at Western Michigan and then played one game the following year and then left for Finland, so he's had experience with North American ice which is a plus. I have no idea if we have interest but I'd certainly give this kid a shot. He interests me more than Fox. That right handed bomb from the point would be nice on the PP. Seems like a perfect fit for us.

https://dobberprospects.com/player/oliwer-kaski/

March 2019 – Kaski finished the season with 19 goals and 51 points in 59 games. He led the league in goals and points by a defenseman, and his points total was good enough for sixth on the league among all players. He also led the league in shots. Only two defenseman have had a higher points total in the history of the Finnish Liiga. After the regular season, Kaski received the Lasse Oksanen award which is given to the best player in the league during the regular season, and he won that award voting by a huge margin. After the Liiga playoffs, Kaski will likely represent Finland at the World Championship

Only 2 defenseman ever scored more points in that league than he just did. One was Brian Rafalski who scored 53 points at 25 years old after also playing NCAA and then going back to Finland before coming to the NHL. The other was Pekka Rautakallio, who scored 53 in 1978. He was 25 years old that season and went to the NHL the next season. For some reason he only stayed in the NHL for 3 seasons before returning to Finland, however in those three seasons he scored 154 points in 235 games. The Finnish league version of the Norris Trophy is named after him.