Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 748

Thread: 2019 Off-Season Thread: We Got This Bread, Man

  1. #701
    Member Mite Division tphilly5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    This really isn’t that complicated.
    Yes, Gorton and the Rangers got lucky with how the chips fell this summer.
    Yes, Gorton has done an excellent job and has barely put a foot wrong since announcing the rebuild, and the way he’s secured assets along the way put the Rangers in a position to capitalize once the chips fell as they did.
    The two aren’t mutually exclusive.
    Agreed. Gorton has put us in a position where if things don’t work out it will be extremely unlucky.

  2. #702
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    7,558
    Rep Power
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I clarified it to the point where enough people get it. You're trolling and arguing to argue. Just move on already. We're going in circles.
    Yea, after taking pot shots at people.

    It's only trolling b/c you are willfully misunderstanding why I responded to begin with lol

  3. #703
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77,604
    Rep Power
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Yea, after taking pot shots at people.

    It's only trolling b/c you are willfully misunderstanding why I responded to begin with lol
    Sure. Whatever keeps it moving.

  4. #704
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    647
    Rep Power
    16
    All great points on both sides but the real test for JG starts now on how he handles their cap crunch. Ideally he moves some middle 6ers for a bag of pucks and a buy out of Smith. Keeping Kreider and keeping Trouba in a reasonable contract. Getting the players on board to playing here is one thing but getting them signed within the cap seems much harder. I think that teams are keenly aware of the leverage they hold on the Rangers and will take some of our young prospects that nobody wanted to see go. The fuckin cap. Uhhh.

  5. #705
    Senior Member Bantam Division Sharpshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    All great points on both sides but the real test for JG starts now on how he handles their cap crunch. Ideally he moves some middle 6ers for a bag of pucks and a buy out of Smith. Keeping Kreider and keeping Trouba in a reasonable contract. Getting the players on board to playing here is one thing but getting them signed within the cap seems much harder. I think that teams are keenly aware of the leverage they hold on the Rangers and will take some of our young prospects that nobody wanted to see go. The fuckin cap. Uhhh.
    More like fuckin' Sather for hamstringing this team with a bunch of bad contracts before he stepped down as GM. lol

  6. #706
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,714
    Rep Power
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    All great points on both sides but the real test for JG starts now on how he handles their cap crunch. Ideally he moves some middle 6ers for a bag of pucks and a buy out of Smith. Keeping Kreider and keeping Trouba in a reasonable contract. Getting the players on board to playing here is one thing but getting them signed within the cap seems much harder. I think that teams are keenly aware of the leverage they hold on the Rangers and will take some of our young prospects that nobody wanted to see go. The fuckin cap. Uhhh.
    Surely the first step towards avoiding that is to steer well clear of a new deal with Kreider, unless he’s willing to give a significant discount. Signing him to 7m will lead the Rangers to cap hell as sure as night follows day.

  7. #707
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    647
    Rep Power
    16
    Here's the keys to your 1999 Cadillac with 140,000 miles on it, good luck.

  8. #708
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,560
    Rep Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by tphilly5 View Post
    Agreed. Gorton has put us in a position where if things don’t work out it will be extremely unlucky.
    Wow.

  9. #709
    (╯į□į)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,241
    Rep Power
    115
    Any chance a guy like georgiev could get packaged with a smith to a team like say, columbus, that might need a goalie and someone that fits a torts style. I assume a bit of saalry retention even though they have the space. Still though.

    Also.....whats bri boyle doing for a 4th line center role, slide up if necessary, leadership, trade value if the time cmes and we arent in a playoff position, say 2x2 or so?

  10. #710
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,405
    Rep Power
    83
    If Smith ends up getting buried in Hartford, and decides he doesn't want to play in the AHL for the rest of his contract, what are the odds that he accepts to go go unconditional waivers for the purposes of terminating his contract so he can maybe sign in Europe somewhere? I mean that is almost $9mil he'd be walking away from so I doubt it, but maybe we can get some serious cap relief that way
    __________________________________

  11. #711
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    7,558
    Rep Power
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    Any chance a guy like georgiev could get packaged with a smith to a team like say, columbus, that might need a goalie and someone that fits a torts style. I assume a bit of saalry retention even though they have the space. Still though.

    Also.....whats bri boyle doing for a 4th line center role, slide up if necessary, leadership, trade value if the time cmes and we arent in a playoff position, say 2x2 or so?
    I don't think you can move Georgiev until you know what you have in Shestyorkin, especially since any veteran backup goalie would cost more. I think trading a goalie is probably something they do next year, though I agree with packaging one of them as a sweetener.

  12. #712
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,142
    Rep Power
    345
    Flyers give Chris Stewart PTO.
    That would have been a good move by the Rangers
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  13. #713
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,362
    Rep Power
    149
    Iím guessing thatís sarcasm
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  14. #714
    Senior Member Squirt Division RangersIn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    448
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Flyers give Chris Stewart PTO.
    That would have been a good move by the Rangers
    Didn’t Chris Stewart like cocaine an awful lot?

  15. #715
    Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    1,260
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    Didn’t Chris Stewart like cocaine an awful lot?
    He just liked the way it smelled!

  16. #716
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,714
    Rep Power
    66
    I think if they’re after Boyler it’s a 1 year deal in all likelihood, no?

  17. #717
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,668
    Rep Power
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    I think if they’re after Boyler it’s a 1 year deal in all likelihood, no?
    Who's after him?
    GORTON 2020

  18. #718
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,714
    Rep Power
    66
    There’s some chat the Rangers are looking at him.

  19. #719
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,668
    Rep Power
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    There’s some chat the Rangers are looking at him.
    I can't imagine they can do anything more than look at him right now.
    GORTON 2020

  20. #720
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    647
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    He just liked the way it smelled!

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •