• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Off-Season Thread: We Got This Bread, Man

Phil

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gusev may be next for us.

And how are you making this work, given they have exactly zero dollars in cap room right now? They need to dump him for futures, and the Rangers are already pressed to keep Trouba, Buchnevich, Lemieux, etc. with not enough money to pay the lot.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1288312

FORWARDS (13)

Right wing: Pavel Buchnevich ($3,400,000) - Vitali Kravtsov ($925,000) - Kaapo Kakko ($925,000) - Jesper Fast ($1,850,000)

Centre: Mika Zibanejad ($5,350,000) - Filip Chytil ($894,166) - Lias Andersson ($894,166) - Brett Howden ($863,333) - Cristoval Nieves ($700,000)

Left wing: Chris Kreider ($4,625,000) - Artemi Panarin ($11,642,000) - Ryan Strome ($3,100,000) - Brendan Lemieux ($1,800,000)

DEFENSE (7)

Right: Jacob Trouba ($7,500,000) - Adam Fox ($925,000) - Kevin Shattenkirk ($6,650,000) - Anthony Deangelo ($2,400,000)

Left: Libor H?jek ($833,333) - Brady Skjei ($5,250,000) - Marc Staal ($5,700,000)

GOALTENDER (2)

Henrik Lundqvist ($8,500,000) - Alexandar Georgiev ($792,500)

AHL BURIED (1)

Matt Beleskey ($825,000)

BUYOUTS (4)

Dan Girardi ($3,611,111) - Ryan Spooner ($300,000) - Brad Richards ($0) - Brendan Smith ($970,833)

DETAILS

Roster Size: 22

Salary Cap: $81,500,000

Cap Hit: $81,226,442

Cap Space: $273,558

I really wish Hank could somehow restructure and save us some cap. He can appreciate the accelerated rebuild that's going to give him one more (potential) run at the cup. Two more years of $8.5 million is just blehh
They cant restructure in the nhl.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Fast/Namestnikov - sure. Prospects or centers, no.

Already have Panarin, Kakko and Kravtsov in top 6 wings for the long term.

You also have Kreider

Then Buchnevich

And what about Chytil, if he’s not 2C?

Like Gusev’s skill, but they made better acquisitions.

Fast/Namestnikov - sure. Prospects or centers, no.

Already have Panarin, Kakko and Kravtsov in top 6 wings for the long term.

You also have Kreider

Then Buchnevich

And what about Chytil, if he’s not 2C?

Like Gusev’s skill, but they made better acquisitions.

Also, you need to BUILD a team. That doesn't mean putting the same player at every position. I think Lemieux will have a big role. I think Kreider will have a big role (if he says). Both guys are players that can get into the corner and turnover the puck. You can't just have 6-8 smallish, skilled wingers.

Wondering if anyone would try and offer sheet Buch. Up to 4.22m will only give us a 2nd, but would be hard to match with the instant cap troubles. And what if some team takes a chance and gives him 4m + term. Hard to match, but sucks to lose him for a 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Wondering if anyone would try and offer sheet Buch. Up to 4.22m will only give us a 2nd, but would be hard to match with the instant cap troubles. And what if some team takes a chance and gives him 4m + term. Hard to match, but sucks to lose him for a 2nd.

You get on the phone and call 29 other GMs to see if they can beat a 2nd if they match, then sign and trade. If no bites, it is a tough call. Depends how many years.

Also, you need to BUILD a team. That doesn't mean putting the same player at every position. I think Lemieux will have a big role. I think Kreider will have a big role (if he says). Both guys are players that can get into the corner and turnover the puck. You can't just have 6-8 smallish, skilled wingers.
My understanding is that relentless forechecking and creating turnovers is Kakko's MO.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He's not a player you offer sheet, IMO. Complementary winger without the scoring touch or intangibles to make him a league-wide attraction on that front.

After watching some of the videos of Panarin's introduction, I have to say he seems genuinely thrilled to be here.

He's got 81.5M reasons to be happy, but seems like it was his intention to come here from the beginning.

At the same time if we weren't in the mix he'd have the same smile wherever he landed.