• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Off-Season Thread: We Got This Bread, Man

Phil

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He appears to be world class at tanning.

Well, we sure as fuck ain't getting any sun on Long Island. 51 degrees and rain is no way to spend a day at the beach with my guitar!!! :rofl:

I really like how the Rangers are set up beyond the team at the moment (president questions aside). I think Quinn has a great demeanor and personality and I think we saw huge strides with most of our players in a "lost cause" kind of scenario. I think Jeff Gorton has done an absolutely incredible job managing assets and rebuilding this thing much quicker than I anticipated. But, most of all, I think I appreciate how open they are in the media. To me, that's a critical element to walking a fanbase through a rebuild. There were no boos this year at the garden, no unhappy fans. Everyone is on the same page from GM - players - fans and I'm honestly shocked. People have always said you can't rebuild in New York. It's not over yet but so far so good. I've very happy with the direction of the club.
  • Like 1

I really like how the Rangers are set up beyond the team at the moment (president questions aside). I think Quinn has a great demeanor and personality and I think we saw huge strides with most of our players in a "lost cause" kind of scenario. I think Jeff Gorton has done an absolutely incredible job managing assets and rebuilding this thing much quicker than I anticipated. But, most of all, I think I appreciate how open they are in the media. To me, that's a critical element to walking a fanbase through a rebuild. There were no boos this year at the garden, no unhappy fans. Everyone is on the same page from GM - players - fans and I'm honestly shocked. People have always said you can't rebuild in New York. It's not over yet but so far so good. I've very happy with the direction of the club.

I agree. As far as no booing goes, I think all if not most Rangers fans would say this team worked and played extremely hard this year. It was just more of a talent issue as far as being able to get over the hump and beat those really good teams. They blew quite a few big leads this past season which we were used to not happening. I also really liked how a player like Buchnevich evolved getting more ice time and getting more confidence. Cythil was fun to watch too.

They said the same of Toronto. Which goes to say that if you're transparent from top-to-bottom, any city, anywhere, in any sport can go along with any plan. You just have to show the rationale and be forthright about the long-term gain over short-term pain.

They said the same of Toronto. Which goes to say that if you're transparent from top-to-bottom, any city, anywhere, in any sport can go along with any plan. You just have to show the rationale and be forthright about the long-term gain over short-term pain.

The thing I actually liked a lot in that interview is where he mentions how the fan base was "up in arms" because we won those last 2 games against Columbus and Pittsburgh and then "Hockey Karma" struck back in a good way.... I think it's at the :30 second mark.

They knew we wanted them to tank!!! :rofl:

Well, we sure as fuck ain't getting any sun on Long Island. 51 degrees and rain is no way to spend a day at the beach with my guitar!!! :rofl:

Dry your eyes buddy.

It was fucking snowing here in Oslo just a couple of days ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BlueJackets/comments/bort7g/panarin_indicates_hes_not_interested_in_florida/

Translated interview as obtained through The Official Florida Panthers Facebook Group:

Panarin’s Live Feed From Miami, with a Fan, his friend and Celebrity Show Host Stan, and Bob (TRANSLATED)

Panarin is asking who watched CBJ playoffs (no reply from fans)

-Fans say come to play with Dadonov, and Panarin says that Florida has no fans in the stands

-Panarin says Vegas is an awesome team. The atmosphere is the best in the NHL

-Panarin still doesn't know English but plans to study this summer

mentioned Bobrovsky every other word

https://www.reddit.com/r/BlueJackets/comments/bort7g/panarin_indicates_hes_not_interested_in_florida/

Translated interview as obtained through The Official Florida Panthers Facebook Group:

Panarin’s Live Feed From Miami, with a Fan, his friend and Celebrity Show Host Stan, and Bob (TRANSLATED)

mentioned Bobrovsky every other word

So what does this mean? He's not going to Florida?