• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Off-Season Thread: We Got This Bread, Man

Phil

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. There's an epidemic of willful misrepresentation of other member's points, so the clarification is appreciated.

Eh...People are saying you're calling Gorton lucky because you are.

Gorton really needs an award for Luckiest GM.

Win the lottery.

Trouba and Fox force trades.

Panarin makes it to UFA.

And he gets all the credit haha.

Yea, I'm not saying he's a bad GM or anything. He's just been INCREDIBLY fortunate this summer, which has sped up the rebuild dramatically.

Right.

But two players forcing trades, a draft lottery, and Panarin happening to hit UFA and wanting to come to NY.... all in the same summer...isn't luck that anyone can make.

I'm not sure what the "willfull misrepresentation" is when you're actually saying this.

The "long post" you made just moves the baseline from being about the moves themselves to how quickly they happened, which still gives the underlying credit to luck, not Gorton.

• Like 1

Eh...People are saying you're calling Gorton lucky because you are.

I'm not sure what the "willfull misrepresentation" is when you're actually saying this.

The "long post" you made just moves the baseline from being about the moves themselves to how quickly they happened, which still gives the underlying credit to luck, not Gorton.

Ehh........This is pretty much bullshit, and you know it. I clarified my position, which has been from the beginning, at all of these dominoes falling over the course of a few months, not years, really has sped up the rebuild and has nothing to do with Gorton.

Move the baseline my ass.

If you're not going to contribute and you're just going to try and stir the pot, then I'd rather you just move on.

Ehhh, no it's not. You're crying about being misrepresented, when it's right there in black and white.

All you did to clarify was say that it was about timeline, which, it wasn't originally. But even still, that's attributing the rebuild speed to luck, not Gorton, so it doesn't really make a difference.

The point that was made is that not only was Gorton helped by favorable circumstances like Trouba and Fox forcing trades and lucking out in the lottery, but more importantly that all these moves came together in a very short span of time.

Not only that but the ESPN article that was referenced saying that this Rangers rebuild and its lasting only 18 months should be the model for other franchises moving forward is in fact ludicrous given the amount of fortunate breaks which aided the process cannot in any way be relied upon.

With that I’ll add that the rebuild has lasted 2 years. It started in June of 17 when they bought out Girardi and then traded Step and Raanta for a pick and a prospect

then everything can be attributed to luck, from winning the cup to scoring 50 goals, to whatever else you can think of. we're yet to see if these moves were "lucky". I lot of things could go wrong

with that i'll also add that the rebuild isn't over. Our D overall has to be upgraded and the rookies have to show they can play. i'd say the rebuild will be over when lundqvist moves on

Ehhh, no it's not. You're crying about being misrepresented, when it's right there in black and white.

All you did to clarify was say that it was about timeline, which, it wasn't originally. But even still, that's attributing the rebuild speed to luck, not Gorton, so it doesn't really make a difference.

There's at least 3 other people who understood where I was going, so if you're not getting it, I can't help you.

Gorton has done a remarkable job cleaning house to even make room for all these acquisitions. We don’t even know how many of the youngsters will work out. Maybe wait for some success before debating how much credit Gorton gets vs luck. Nice to have a Mgt team in place to get us into this position.

There's at least 3 other people who understood where I was going, so if you're not getting it, I can't help you.

Doesn't matter, that's not what you were complaining about lol.

But I get it, you're saying it was fortunate with the timing of everything. Instead of being lucky to make the moves, it was lucky that they could all happen so quickly. At the end of the day, it's still attributing the pace of the rebuild to luck, rather than Gorton. What am I not getting?

Doesn't matter, that's not what you were complaining about lol.

But I get it, you're saying it was fortunate with the timing of everything. Instead of being lucky to make the moves, it was lucky that they could all happen so quickly. At the end of the day, it's still attributing the pace of the rebuild to luck, rather than Gorton. What am I not getting?

I'll just copy and paste, since laziness or willful ignorance are rampant.

The fact that they all happened within one month makes a comment like this from ESPN:

"...This should be the model for all teams who need to retool, and how to do it in the shortest window possible. It was only February 2018 when the Rangers sent out the now-infamous letter to fans... Seventeen months later, they're poised to win yet again. They signed the most coveted free-agent forward on the market in Panarin, and signed him through his prime years. They acquired a new No. 1 defenseman in Jacob Trouba. They acquired a potential top-four defenseman in Adam Fox. They drafted a generational scoring talent in Kakko. The future is no longer bleak....Overall grade: A

Pretty stupid considering the amount of pure luck involved in all 4 players being at the exact points in their careers where they'd come to NY at the same time.

Get what I'm saying? Gorton for sure gets some credit for some moves, but I can't give him credit with the speed of the rebuild when so many stars aligned just this summer. Nor do I think he could roll into, say Edmonton, and have the same success because players don't force trades there or go there as UFA.

Make sense?

I agree with Pete here. Also it’s pretty funny that people say the rangers should be model for a rebuild when they haven’t played a game yet. There is hope but no guarantee of success or failure. People putting the cart before the horse if you ask me.
  • Like 1

The fact that they all happened within one month makes a comment like this from ESPN:

Pretty stupid considering the amount of pure luck involved in all 4 players being at the exact points in their careers where they'd come to NY at the same time.

Get what I'm saying? Gorton for sure gets some credit for some moves, but I can't give him credit with the speed of the rebuild when so many stars aligned just this summer. Nor do I think he could roll into, say Edmonton, and have the same success because players don't force trades there or go there as UFA.

Make sense?

What does your “one month” comment have to do with anything? With a late June draft and 7/1 start to free agency most offseason moves are always going to happen in these few weeks. The good fortune was getting the #2 pick. The rest were likely many months in the planning stages.

What does your ?one month? comment have to do with anything? With a late June draft and 7/1 start to free agency most offseason moves are always going to happen in these few weeks. The good fortune was getting the #2 pick. The rest were likely many months in the planning stages.
Of course. I'm sure you can let us know of another few teams that managed to land a top 3 draft pick, the Marquee free agent on the market, another team's top prospect, and whatever you equate with Trouba... All in one summer...

I know a team that got extremely lucky 4 times in 6 years, but still fucked up the entire rebuild.

Yes Rangers has got some luck, but every team do that. Devils got 1st two times in 3 years, Flyers got a 2nd OA a couple of years ago. The moves Gorton has made and the decisions he?s taken has been really good the entire way. Not overpaying for anything, made really good trades with our older roster players (especially Nash, Grabner, Hayes) and not given away any stupid long term contracts.

Do you guys really think we would be in the same position with Chiarelli as GM? Lol.

I give it 10% luck and 90% excellent work by Gorton and the front office.

Cant credit luck for all the good picks they?ve made either. The Lias pick was a reach, but almost every other pick we?ve made since 2016 looks really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Of course. I'm sure you can let us know of another few teams that managed to land a top 3 draft pick, the Marquee free agent on the market, another team's top prospect, and whatever you equate with Trouba... All in one summer...

Take a look at the haul Gorton had when he was interim GM of the Bruins back in 2006. Names like Chara, Marchand, Kessel, Rask, etc..

As an original 6 playing in NYC there is no doubt a lure with some players.

I know a team that got extremely lucky 4 times in 6 years, but still fucked up the entire rebuild.

Yes Rangers has got some luck, but every team do that. Devils got 1st two times in 3 years, Flyers got a 2nd OA a couple of years ago. The moves Gorton has made and the decisions he’s taken has been really good the entire way. Not overpaying for anything, made really good trades with our older roster players (especially Nash, Grabner, Hayes) and not given away any stupid long term contracts.

Do you guys really think we would be in the same position with Chiarelli as GM? Lol.

Cant credit luck for all the good picks they’ve made either. The Lias pick was a reach, but almost every other pick we’ve made since 2016 looks really good.

Again are the rangers having a parade today? I’m sure the fans in Edmonton thought their rebuild was done when they hit Mcdavid gold. This team has proven nothing. In fact it’s probably a lottery team next year again.

Yes Rangers has got some luck, but every team do that. Devils got 1st two times in 3 years, Flyers got a 2nd OA a couple of years ago. The moves Gorton has made and the decisions he?s taken has been really good the entire way. Not overpaying for anything, made really good trades with our older roster players (especially Nash, Grabner, Hayes) and not given away any stupid long term contracts.

Cant credit luck for all the good picks they?ve made either. The Lias pick was a reach, but almost every other pick we?ve made since 2016 looks really good.

Okay, some teams get lucky. Does that mean we're not allowed to point out when they get lucky?

Chiarelli wouldn't have done a great job here, ok. What would Gorton have done in Edmonton where nobody wants to sign?

Also, apparently you're another one who doesn't want to read... He got lucky this summer with four players. Why you're talkin about other drafts I have no idea.

This really isn’t that complicated.

Yes, Gorton and the Rangers got lucky with how the chips fell this summer.

Yes, Gorton has done an excellent job and has barely put a foot wrong since announcing the rebuild, and the way he’s secured assets along the way put the Rangers in a position to capitalize once the chips fell as they did.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

This really isn?t that complicated.

Yes, Gorton and the Rangers got lucky with how the chips fell this summer.

Yes, Gorton has done an excellent job and has barely put a foot wrong since announcing the rebuild, and the way he?s secured assets along the way put the Rangers in a position to capitalize once the chips fell as they did.

The two aren?t mutually exclusive.

At least someone understands.

There's smart people here, so as I said, there's either willful ignorance or outright trolling rampant here.

Make sense?

Yea, I read it 10 times. I don't know why it's stupid other than to say that it's not a model for what other teams should do because the Rangers are lucky.

Which, even in this context, you're still just attributing the pace of the rebuild to luck.

At least someone understands.

There's smart people here, so as I said, there's either willful ignorance or outright trolling rampant here.

I get that, and agree with it.

My only issue is that you are crying about "willful ignorance" when you so horribly articulated your point that it was impossible to understand.

I get that, and agree with it.

My only issue is that you are crying about "willful ignorance" when you so horribly articulated your point that it was impossible to understand.

I clarified it to the point where enough people get it. You're trolling and arguing to argue. Just move on already. We're going in circles.