• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Off-Season Thread: We Got This Bread, Man

Phil

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can just see the home opener....

You guys know the deal; Out come the Rangers on to the ice and we're all chanting K-A-K-K-O, K-A-K-K-O, K-A-K-K-O, K-A-K-K-O!!!!!

This kid is going to shit himself! He's never even been to NY, no less a NY Rangers game! I really can't wait to watch his reaction to this stuff! I bet he's gonna absolutely love NY....and I'm gonna enjoy every second of this trip we're about to go on for the next 12-15 years!!!!

Kinda reminds me of back when I was 8 years old, I was at the game in '75, the reaction when Eddie Giacomin came back as a Red Wing and the whole place went wild when he came out on the ice!! We even booed when Vickers scored late in the game!! :rofl:

He made about 40 saves during the game, and I remember everyone chanting "EDDIE"...all night long. Still one of my favorite memories of the old days at MSG.

I can just see the home opener....

You guys know the deal; Out come the Rangers on to the ice and we're all chanting K-A-K-K-O, K-A-K-K-O, K-A-K-K-O, K-A-K-K-O!!!!!

This kid is going to shit himself! He's never even been to NY, no less a NY Rangers game! I really can't wait to watch his reaction to this stuff! I bet he's gonna absolutely love NY....and I'm gonna enjoy every second of this trip we're about to go on for the next 12-15 years!!!!

Kinda reminds me of back when I was 8 years old, I was at the game in '75, the reaction when Eddie Giacomin came back as a Red Wing and the whole place went wild when he came out on the ice!! We even booed when Vickers scored late in the game!! :rofl:

He made about 40 saves during the game, and I remember everyone chanting "EDDIE"...all night long. Still one of my favorite memories of the old days at MSG.

I was there, too. We cheered for every save. It was surreal.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I don't have anything to base this on, and I know it's been speculated that Panarin is going to command $12 mil for 7 years, but I really don't think anyone is going to go to that number with how little the cap went up and the cap prospect for the next season. I think the number is going to come in at $72.5 mill over 7 years with it being big-time signing bonus $$. Still obviously a huge contract but slightly more palatable than $12 a year.

Elliotte Friedman, DJ Hradek and Arthur Staples discussed Panarin at length on NHL Network. They all think Lou's ready to make a big splash, especially with Lee and Lehner not signed. Friedman said up front that FLA is still favorite, but after that, all of the talk was about the Islanders. They are even talking about Isles package deal for Panarin and Bobro. I don't want them going to the Islanders, but I'm quite happy that we have enough new toys for the coming season.

Elliotte Friedman, DJ Hradek and Arthur Staples discussed Panarin at length on NHL Network. They all think Lou's ready to make a big splash, especially with Lee and Lehner not signed. Friedman said up front that FLA is still favorite, but after that, all of the talk was about the Islanders. They are even talking about Isles package deal for Panarin and Bobro. I don't want them going to the Islanders, but I'm quite happy that we have enough new toys for the coming season.

I would imagine the Islanders would have to PAY to get those guys in there. If that's the case, good on them. Rangers aren't taking Bob and Panarin, they're also not going to be the highest bidder. I'm okay with that.