• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Off-Season Thread: We Got This Bread, Man

Phil

^Maybe I didn't state it clearly...point made was that he doesn't give up the opportunity to collect that sum.

What's the federal tax rate in CA if there is one? Don't players lose at least 50% right off the bat here in the US. So the starting point for their US accumulated contracts is half of the publicly announced value.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really hard to believe nobody wants Shattenkirk, yet it only takes a 4th round pick to get a cap strapped team like Toronto to take on David Clarkson? I am beyond confused by this trade.

Edit: This cleared it up: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/news/maple-leafs-find-way-to-make-cap-space-trade-garret-sparks-in-exchange-for-david-clarkson-and-fourth-round-pick/1ndgx0em9vunj1uaautsg82dxp

Smart by the Leafs.

Isn't this the definition of "cap circumvention"? How is the league letting this trade happen?

Isn't this the definition of "cap circumvention"? How is the league letting this trade happen?

No. LTIR rules have been in place for ages. They even precede the current CBA and existed in a similar fashion under the prior.

Phil, do you see the NHL making a better TV deal in the next couple of years that will boost the salary cap in a significant way?

Calling out to the man with the Crystal Balls again......:rofl:

Phil!!! We know you know this....it's in the cards! LOL

Phil, do you see the NHL making a better TV deal in the next couple of years that will boost the salary cap in a significant way?

Absolutely they will. The current NBC contract runs through 2020–21. They're already talking renewal, but my hope is that they part it out to numerous networks like the NBA to maximize revenue. They nearly did in 2011, with ABC/ESPN, Fox, and Turner all pitching for games. There's no reason to go exclusive this time around.

Absolutely they will. The current NBC contract runs through 2020–21. They're already talking renewal, but my hope is that they part it out to numerous networks like the NBA to maximize revenue. They nearly did in 2011, with ABC/ESPN, Fox, and Turner all pitching for games. There's no reason to go exclusive this time around.

What I’d really like to see is the NHL network do better.

Their programming and content absolutely sucks, especially in the off-season. The other 3 league-owned networks do so much better

Their programming and content absolutely sucks, especially in the off-season. The other 3 league-owned networks do so much better

they basically shut the network down july and august. even the radio is all re runs. really is sort of mickey mouse they can't give u the hot stove talk and focus on the summer tourney's

guess all the canucks like to go to their cottages...

I'd say that NFL Network is bad even in season lol.

they basically shut the network down july and august. even the radio is all re runs. really is sort of mickey mouse they can't give u the hot stove talk and focus on the summer tourney's

guess all the canucks like to go to their cottages...

I know

It’s fucking deplorable

An absolute disgrace for a major sports network to just make no effort for 2 1/2 months

I know

It’s fucking deplorable

An absolute disgrace for a major sports network to just make no effort for 2 1/2 months

What exactly do you want them to do? The NFL shows replays all the time - every network station does.

The league makes no effort for 2/12 months and there's no way they'd have viewership for things like global tourneys provide any value with how little viewership they'd have. There is no real hot stove info to cover in July that can't be covered in a day. Do you just want rampant speculation from Don Cherry for an extra 2 months?

What exactly do you want them to do? The NFL shows replays all the time - every network station does.

The league makes no effort for 2/12 months and there's no way they'd have viewership for things like global tourneys provide any value with how little viewership they'd have. There is no real hot stove info to cover in July that can't be covered in a day. Do you just want rampant speculation from Don Cherry for an extra 2 months?

Since you mention it, starting tomorrow they're covering the back end of the World Junior Summer Showcase with your very own K'Andre Miller and Zac Jones playing for the US at 4 pm ET. Games at 1 and 4 pm on Wed, Fri, and Sat.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

More original programming would work for starters.