• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Off-Season Thread: We Got This Bread, Man

Phil

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second line is like a pipe dream,they are so young i doubt all three of them make it next season ,but I would love to see that

I’m almost certain they all make the team, but it’s pretty unlikely they’ll be on the same line. Looks great on paper though.

I?m almost certain they all make the team, but it?s pretty unlikely they?ll be on the same line. Looks great on paper though.

This. Chytil is almost a sure thing since hes already been in the NHL. I cant see them sending Kakko to the AHL. Kravtsov should be ready for NHL duty.

3 "rookies" on a line is asking for trouble though. (I know Chytil aint a rookie but you know what I mean)

This. Chytil is almost a sure thing since hes already been in the NHL. I cant see them sending Kakko to the AHL. Kravtsov should be ready for NHL duty.

3 "rookies" on a line is asking for trouble though. (I know Chytil aint a rookie but you know what I mean)

Agreed

3 “rookies” together on a line is exceedingly rare. And I can’t see Quinn running a risk on that

I don't know if it's too early to say "make or break kind of season", but Andersson really needs to show me a lot more. Even if it still may be too early, I haven't been too enthused. I think he certainly has potential to be a decent bottom six center. I still don't think they should have wasted that first round pick on him which is why I might be harder on him than most might be. I guess going into the season, if that's one of my big worries, we may be OK. lol

Nice try. :thumbs:

Actually, a few people on here have mentioned the idea of Kakko and Andersson together. I wouldnt mind it. Plus it spreads out the scoring a bit. That line would be annoying as fuck, with guys scoring 40+ points, potentially in the future. The KZB back together. Panarin with fellow Russian Kravtsov, and Chytil in the center. That line has a ton of talent. While a bit young, Panarin's puck possession and defensive play really helps the line at both ends of the ice. That 4th line would be a prototypical 3rd line/grinding/checking/shutdown line, with speed, physicality and the ability to put up points.

Actually, a few people on here have mentioned the idea of Kakko and Andersson together. I wouldnt mind it. Plus it spreads out the scoring a bit. That line would be annoying as fuck, with guys scoring 40+ points, potentially in the future. The KZB back together. Panarin with fellow Russian Kravtsov, and Chytil in the center. That line has a ton of talent. While a bit young, Panarin's puck possession and defensive play really helps the line at both ends of the ice. That 4th line would be a prototypical 3rd line/grinding/checking/shutdown line, with speed, physicality and the ability to put up points.

I thought you were fishing for bites putting Kakko on the wrong wing on the 3rd line. Didn't even notice you'd put Panarin in there.

I thought you were fishing for bites putting Kakko on the wrong wing on the 3rd line. Didn't even notice you'd put Panarin in there.

I actually think he'll play the left side. I've slotted him there on all of my line ups.

Every contract that gets signed, I get more and more convinced than I already was that the Rangers should lock up Panarin at all costs for two reasons. First, he's well worth what he'll get unlike the contracts I am seeing some other players get. Second, the contract Panarin gets will eventually be the same contract a lesser player will get within probably 2 years. Make it happen Gorton. 7x12. Anything less is house money.

Every contract that gets signed, I get more and more convinced than I already was that the Rangers should lock up Panarin at all costs for two reasons. First, he's well worth what he'll get unlike the contracts I am seeing some other players get. Second, the contract Panarin gets will eventually be the same contract a lesser player will get within probably 2 years. Make it happen Gorton. 7x12. Anything less is house money.

Anything under $12m a year is house money? Any contract that size better be a slam dunk if it isn’t it has potential to be a team killer. Gorton is doing a great job setting this team up for years. With all these moves it does the exact opposite for me. Panarin is not the only option to get where the rangers want to go. Panarin is not a franchise player in my opinion. He’s not Ovechkin, Kane, or jagr. Even those guys were unable to win anything without having a big time center who was close in status. The rangers will still be looking for that guy with little cap space to get him if they sign panarin. Kakko could be, probably wil be a top wing. The rangers should spend that money on a center or another top defenseman. If not now then wait.

Anything under $12m a year is house money? Any contract that size better be a slam dunk if it isn’t it has potential to be a team killer. Gorton is doing a great job setting this team up for years. With all these moves it does the exact opposite for me. Panarin is not the only option to get where the rangers want to go. Panarin is not a franchise player in my opinion. He’s not Ovechkin, Kane, or jagr. Even those guys were unable to win anything without having a big time center who was close in status. The rangers will still be looking for that guy with little cap space to get him if they sign panarin. Kakko could be, probably wil be a top wing. The rangers should spend that money on a center or another top defenseman. If not now then wait.

There's no reason Panarin/Zibanejad can't do what Tarasenko/O'Reilly just did.

Anything under $12m a year is house money? Any contract that size better be a slam dunk if it isn?t it has potential to be a team killer. Gorton is doing a great job setting this team up for years. With all these moves it does the exact opposite for me. Panarin is not the only option to get where the rangers want to go. Panarin is not a franchise player in my opinion. He?s not Ovechkin, Kane, or jagr. Even those guys were unable to win anything without having a big time center who was close in status. The rangers will still be looking for that guy with little cap space to get him if they sign panarin. Kakko could be, probably wil be a top wing. The rangers should spend that money on a center or another top defenseman. If not now then wait.
another top defenseman,after Troupa signs for 8 to nine mill.a year ,how are the rangers going to afford another top defenseman

An experienced center that can kill penalties would be clutch; The Rangers were absolutely awful on faceoffs last season (30th) and they can also use a penalty killer, considering our PK was 27th. Even if it's a older guy we sign for a year or has one year left on a deal.

another top defenseman,after Troupa signs for 8 to nine mill.a year ,how are the rangers going to afford another top defenseman

Probably not right now. But with dead weight in Staal, Smith and shattenkirk eating up $18m a year or so there is plenty of cap to pay another top defenseman as soon as they are gone. Two years they are all off the books.

Probably not right now. But with dead weight in Staal, Smith and shattenkirk eating up $18m a year or so there is plenty of cap to pay another top defenseman as soon as they are gone. Two years they are all off the books.
maybe by then,two of our dman prospects have emerged and we don't have to spend and save some cap space

A