• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Off-Season Thread: We Got This Bread, Man

Phil

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, something along these lines. I have no clue what Coffey was like as a coach, and who knows how good he'd be...but that's the type I'm thinking.
Based in what? The Oliers stellar defensive play?

I know man, I hear ya...what I meant was the "type" of player that has a big name but obviously a lot more defensive oriented. Coffey would still be an upgrade over Ruff though... LOL

I know man, I hear ya...what I meant was the "type" of player that has a big name but obviously a lot more defensive oriented. Coffey would still be an upgrade over Ruff though... LOL

• Like 1

My sister would be an upgrade over Ruff! :rofl:

Nah, I hear ya on the Oiler D, I gotcha! It's the defensive big name I'm referring to. ...that type.

I always got the feeling Quinn wanted to interrupt Ruff whenever he took out the whiteboard. It could have just been the ice dagger stare though.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

They should just allow Quinn to bring in his own guys. Never a great scenario when the head coach has guys on his staff that are essentially put upon him. It’d be one thing if the D were playing well and Ruff was doing a great job. But that’s not the case.

Let him find his own guys, with management having input

LOL. Messing you.

Ok cool

Lol

I dont know you well

On the original point, I didn’t have a problem with them keeping Ruff around last year, even with the lack of success he’s had, to be a veteran guy to help out a 1st year NHL head coach.

But now, Ruff has to go and Quinn should just hire who he wants. Let him sink or swim with his own guys.

Ok cool

Lol

I dont know you well

On the original point, I didn?t have a problem with them keeping Ruff around last year, even with the lack of success he?s had, to be a veteran guy to help out a 1st year NHL head coach.

But now, Ruff has to go and Quinn should just hire who he wants. Let him sink or swim with his own guys.

Ruff is bad at his job, wants to head coach again, and serves no purpose.

Go home, Lindy. You're drunk.

Ruff is bad at his job, wants to head coach again, and serves no purpose.

Go home, Lindy. You're drunk.

He’s had his successes. Really has done everything but win a Cup. But you’re right. His days as a HC are over. I can’t see him getting another opportunity from someone

not to change subject but did anyone hear JD on NHL radio last nite about 5:30. just caught him hanging up and wanted to hear the discussion

They asked him about the decision to go to Florida, how busy he's been, draft, how long the rebuild will take. He gave a lot of generic answers.

Indicated they'll take Hughes or Kakko... (later in the interview, when he was discussing the Rangers prospects, he mentioned Kakko, not hughes). He's watching the worlds and the playoffs, drafted a lot guys on the Blues when they were rebuilding. Discussed long rebuild process in STL and CLB, but said the NHL is different and rebuilds are faster. Torts changed the room in CLB when he got there. Stressed that the rebuild works itself out. "Come grow with us" or something. Exciting time to watch young guys grow to become god players. Any signing/trade "has to be the right player to bring in for the contract". Said guys look at NY as a pay day, and he's not doing that - but willing to pay a player that's the right fit, and fills a need/hole long-term

• Like 1

They asked him about the decision to go to Florida, how busy he's been, draft, how long the rebuild will take. He gave a lot of generic answers.

Indicated they'll take Hughes or Kakko... (later in the interview, when he was discussing the Rangers prospects, he mentioned Kakko, not hughes). He's watching the worlds and the playoffs, drafted a lot guys on the Blues when they were rebuilding. Discussed long rebuild process in STL and CLB, but said the NHL is different and rebuilds are faster. Torts changed the room in CLB when he got there. Stressed that the rebuild works itself out. "Come grow with us" or something. Exciting time to watch young guys grow to become god players. Any signing/trade "has to be the right player to bring in for the contract". Said guys look at NY as a pay day, and he's not doing that - but willing to pay a player that's the right fit, and fills a need/hole long-term

thank you. I like JD

Honestly at this point the remainder of my dream off-season would be:

-Fire Ruff

-Draft Kakko and find a way to snag Moritz Seider with a pick package to move up.

-Sign Panarin and MAYBE Skinner or Duchene without completely breaking the bank (I know it wont happen but I said dream dammit)

Honestly at this point the remainder of my dream off-season would be:

-Fire Ruff

-Draft Kakko and find a way to snag Moritz Seider with a pick package to move up.

-Sign Panarin and MAYBE Skinner or Duchene without completely breaking the bank (I know it wont happen but I said dream dammit)

I'll go with numbers 1 and 2, Gunnar!

We may need all the money we have in the bank to resign Chytil, Kravtsov and Kakko when they become free agents eventually!!! ..A problem I really hope we have in the future!!!