• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Off-Season Thread: We Got This Bread, Man

Phil

I don't know why anyone hopes for a "break out season" from a 19 year old. He's not Connor McDavid. Look at Zibanejad. It took him 8 years to become a (almost) PPG player. That's the kind of progress you can hope to see from our young players.

I was more thinking about himself, I think he was hoping for a better season. Im not worried, he?s progressing very fine.

Scored his second goal now.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at MacKinnon

Wins Calder, then has 3 seasons after that where he wasn’t lighting the world on fire.

Last 2 seasons he’s been an MVP candidate

Yeah. Good example. People are way too quick to write players off (Anderson, Howden, etc.). If they ultimately don't work out, fine, but they deserve a few seasons to figure it out. There's no rush.

Well, usually players like McKinnon you see a spark of talent in their game and they ooze offense.

Andersson looks terrible and Howden just looks competent.

Flashes, yeah. Like Chytil. Or even Buch. None of that is apparent in Andersson.

Well, usually players like McKinnon you see a spark of talent in their game and they ooze offense.

Andersson looks terrible and Howden just looks competent.

Offensively there isn’t much apparent to Andersson’s game. But you never know. Still very young and inexperienced. He was never going to be Pavel Bure offensively.

That's the same thing people say about playing the lottery — the odds of which you winning are lower than those of being killed by a vending machine.

Even with improvement, he's almost certainly never goign to be a high-end talent.

That's the same thing people say about playing the lottery — the odds of which you winning are lower than those of being killed by a vending machine.

Even with improvement, he's almost certainly never goign to be a high-end talent.

He was never purported to have high-end offensive skill. Quality two-way game, leadership, effort, intangibles.

I get why people are sour on him. Hasn’t shown much of anything thus far, he was clearly oversold as NHL ready and was drafted a bit higher than his ranking and in front of some others with higher skill.

I’m not enamored with him either at this point. But I also didn’t buy the NHL ready label. So few guys are, and the ones that are usually posses undeniable skill that anyone can see, and they usually go top 3. Not comparing them, but for perspective Evegeni Malkin wasn’t NHL ready. Needed 2 full seasons after his draft year to reach NHL.

He doesn’t have that. We won’t know what he is for another 150-200 games.

But I still think he can be a very good NHL player. Just need time

If Andersson was our only 1st round pick in the last couple years I’d be upset. But he’s one of 5. If he turns out to be a useful NHL player that fillls a role I’ll be satisfied.

I don’t think there’s a danger of him not being useful and effective in a role

They only question is how much offense they’ll get from him

So much talk about kakko and the draft, that we almost forget the talent we already have. Chytil scores 50 seconds into their game vs Slovakia today. Hope he has a good tournament, he needs the confidence going into next season.

Was wondering how our other guys were doing if any of them were even in the tournaments.

Chytil needs to work on his strength and come

Ready to play in camp.

Hey Josh, Since it's May 1st, I got ya a little present! ...and since this is the off season thread....

Check it out man: [video=youtube;VxnDeb-TLhE]

I know you'll like this one!! :cheers:

It seems the rangers have kreider, skjei, fox on us for world championships and both Henrik and Georgiev, zib was a no due to injuries I think, interesting to see outcomes and not all rosters are finalized

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Any thoughts here about picking up Connolly in the off-season? I know we don't want to gunk ourselves up with contracts for "middling" players but I think someone who's on the up and up, still fairly young (26) has a ring, talent (6th pick ov), good size at 6'3, who Washington is going to have an issue holding onto may bode well for us.

He's earned the type of contract that is still relatively easy to unload down the line should his production dip.