• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Off-Season Thread: We Got This Bread, Man

Phil

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They gave up what turned out to be #20 for a shitty Hayes showing, and a 5th rounder....UGH! Gorton looking real good on that deal!!! Flyers seem like a better fit now that AV is there for Hayes. I wonder what kind of term and bucks they'll give for him. His playoff showing wasn't exactly what I'd call "noteworthy"! :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

So here's where things stand right now:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich (needs contract)

Kakko-Chytil-Strome

Lemieux (needs contract)-Andersson/Howden-Kravstov

Fast-Andersson/Howden-Namestnikov

Nieves,Vesey

Skjei-Trouba

ADA-Shattenkirk

Fox-Staal (Staal out of position)

Claesson,Hajek

Hank

Georgiev

We've got 19m in space, too many forwards, and too many defenders. Post-Trouba, we're probably on ~11m in space.

More deals to be made, I think.

Fox is a righty. Switch him and Staal.

On CapFriendly I posted a roster with ADA-Trouba top pair. ADA played his offside prior to NHL. Would like to se ehim get the extra opportunity, and with Trouba, he'd have a competent d-pair in both ends.

Fox is a righty. Switch him and Staal.

On CapFriendly I posted a roster with ADA-Trouba top pair. ADA played his offside prior to NHL. Would like to se ehim get the extra opportunity, and with Trouba, he'd have a competent d-pair in both ends.

hah, knew something was off with that last pair.

Still, we've got assets to play with here.

Also, Kakko and Strome both play RW.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I could be wrong, but I think Rangers superfan Statboy Steven posted stats for Kakko and Kravtsov for their points per position for last season. Both produced more when playing RW.

I'd like to see Kravtsov on the right (one timer), but I imagine theyll both get moved around a bit. Quinn moved Kreider, Vesey, Buchnevich and Zuccarello at one time during the season. We also saw Spooner, Strome, Namestnikov and Hayes play C and W.

I could be wrong, but I think Rangers superfan Statboy Steven posted stats for Kakko and Kravtsov for their points per position for last season. Both produced more when playing RW.

I'd like to see Kravtsov on the right (one timer), but I imagine theyll both get moved around a bit. Quinn moved Kreider, Vesey, Buchnevich and Zuccarello at one time during the season. We also saw Spooner, Strome, Namestnikov and Hayes play C and W.

I think Kravtsov actually had more goals (though maybe fewer points?) on the left side last season and I'm having a hard time remembering where I saw it. But I hope there is versatility and imagine that they will try a boatload of different combos.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

So here's where things stand right now:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich (needs contract)

Kakko-Chytil-Strome

Lemieux (needs contract)-Andersson/Howden-Kravstov

Fast-Andersson/Howden-Namestnikov

Nieves,Vesey

Skjei-Trouba

ADA-Shattenkirk

Fox-Staal (Staal out of position)

Claesson,Hajek

Hank

Georgiev

We've got 19m in space, too many forwards, and too many defenders. Post-Trouba, we're probably on ~11m in space.

More deals to be made, I think.

I see that and raise you

Kreider-Zib-Buch

Kravtsov-Chytil-Kakko :cool:

Lemieux-Andersson-Strome

Fast-Howden-Namestnikov

Skjei-Trouba

Hajek-Fox

Staal-ADA

Shesterkin/Shestyorkin

Hank

It probably won't be like that, but for the first time in literally forever the Rangers have the potential to be a really exciting, young team. I'm really looking forward to seeing this unfold, and the best part is they're not even done adding yet.

I see that and raise you

Kreider-Zib-Buch

Lemieux-Andersson-Strome

Fast-Howden-Namestnikov

Skjei-Trouba

Hajek-Fox

Staal-ADA

Shesterkin/Shestyorkin

Hank

It probably won't be like that, but for the first time in literally forever the Rangers have the potential to be a really exciting, young team. I'm really looking forward to seeing this unfold, and the best part is they're not even done adding yet.

Where's Panarin! When he does sign with us, Namestnikov and Vesey most certainly have to be gone. Also Shattenkirk by buyout or trade. Kreider's contract really does seem like the linchpin in this whole process.

I see that and raise you

Kreider-Zib-Buch

Lemieux-Andersson-Strome

Fast-Howden-Namestnikov

Skjei-Trouba

Hajek-Fox

Staal-ADA

Shesterkin/Shestyorkin

Hank

The second line is like a pipe dream,they are so young i doubt all three of them make it next season ,but I would love to see that