• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Off-Season Thread: We Got This Bread, Man

Phil

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said: "Trade him to anyone for any pick"
As in not targeting a specific pick.

Kreider won't get #4 by himself. I thought perhaps Kreider + #20 might get the ball rolling, but obviously that is kaput.

Kreider/Lundkvist/pick might get the Avs listening.

I'm not going after the #4 or #16. I'm saying hey Colorado you're interested. Here's what team B and team C are offering. Make me a better offer.

That can a prospect, a 2020 pick, a pick and a prospect. That I don't care about. But its gonna be a competitive offer because there's gonna be multiple teams interested in a top 6 winger.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

There is zero chance the Rangers sign 35 year old Pavelski. The rebuild is accelerated, but that is warp speed.

Use cap space for a long term guy like Panarin or Kreider. Or keep the powder dry for use when we see how things shake out.

There is zero chance the Rangers sign 35 year old Pavelski. The rebuild is accelerated, but that is warp speed.

Use cap space for a long term guy like Panarin or Kreider. Or keep the powder dry for use when we see how things shake out.

This is false. They're looking for some veteran players. Vets are vital to a proper rebuild.

This is false. They're looking for some veteran players. Vets are vital to a proper rebuild.

If we had an $8m Joe Pavelski currently on the roster we would be eating half his salary to get rid of him. The next couple years are gravy if we have a playoff shot. Then we free up cap, figure out all the young guys, and go.

If we had an $8m Joe Pavelski currently on the roster we would be eating half his salary to get rid of him. The next couple years are gravy if we have a playoff shot. Then we free up cap, figure out all the young guys, and go.

He just scored 38 goals and 64 points in 75 games. Why would we be getting rid of him and eating salary? We're talking about the possibility of him sign a 2 year deal to mentor kids and play for an original six team. Not signing him into his 40s

He just scored 38 goals and 64 points in 75 games. Why would we be getting rid of him and eating salary? We're talking about the possibility of him sign a 2 year deal to mentor kids and play for an original six team. Not signing him into his 40s

We already have an expensive babysitter for the kids. Every penny we spend on a 35 year old is one less we can spend on somebody like Trouba, Kreider, Panarin, etc..

With all the additions to the roster and if they land Panarin, this is a playoff team. All those 1 goal game losses most likely would be wins with the new lineup. Goaltending will be the biggest difference maker for this season. Can't wait to see who takes the reins.

We already have an expensive babysitter for the kids. Every penny we spend on a 35 year old is one less we can spend on somebody like Trouba, Kreider, Panarin, etc..

I'm not even sure who you're talking about. This is a process, man. If the kids don't turn into something, signing Trouba and Panarin means nothing. We need Kravstov and Kakko and Chytil and Buch to become something. They need mentors on the ice -- guys who are winners.

I think Marc Staal is a great example and I like him on D, but you need someone in that Patrick Marleau role. Someone who literally lets Kappo Kakko live with him and his family, someone to lead.

That's not Kreider. That's not Panarin. That's not Trouba.

I'm not even sure who you're talking about. This is a process, man. If the kids don't turn into something, signing Trouba and Panarin means nothing. We need Kravstov and Kakko and Chytil and Buch to become something. They need mentors on the ice -- guys who are winners.

I think Marc Staal is a great example and I like him on D, but you need someone in that Patrick Marleau role. Someone who literally lets Kappo Kakko live with him and his family, someone to lead.

That's not Kreider. That's not Panarin. That's not Trouba.

We just disagree. Of course the Rangers will have veterans. They just won’t be the $8m per Pavelski types. No chance.

I bet we could get Pavelski for 2 years 5.5 million/per.

A Pavelski is a example of what the Rangers can use, in my opinion as well. Like I said, it doesn't have to be him....but a player like him. If the ask is too high, there are others. And I'm sure Gorton knows who they are and how to get them. Patience fellas, we'll get there ;)

But first....

KAKKO!!!!

Sorry, I had to!!!!!!

The biggest sticking point with Pavelski in San Jose is term.

I doubt he takes 2 years.

True that, Pete! He's been in SJ for seemingly forever and is most likely very comfortable there. He's also an older guy now and I'm certain he'll wanna stick close to where the heart already is. But who knows. The Patrick Marleau reference hit the nail on the head though. We can use a short term vet that can fast forward some of these kids in the right direction.

I'd even go with a Ryan Reaves!

Vegas need cap relief and BAD, and we could get him for a song! He's got one year left on a 2.775 mil deal.

The biggest sticking point with Pavelski in San Jose is term.

I doubt he takes 2 years.

at his age though I think its more about how many total dollars he has left to make. What's the max years someone will offer, 5? How much does a team risk paying a 39/40 year old Pavelski at the end of a 5 year deal? If you have an offer of $16m for 2 years v. say $20 for 3 years, which do you take if you're Pavelski? Do you risk that $4m now to bet on yourself being able to sign another deal at age 37 for more?

True that, Pete! He's been in SJ for seemingly forever and is most likely very comfortable there. He's also an older guy now and I'm certain he'll wanna stick close to where the heart already is. But who knows. The Patrick Marleau reference hit the nail on the head though. We can use a short term vet that can fast forward some of these kids in the right direction.

I'd even go with a Ryan Reaves!

Vegas need cap relief and BAD, and we could get him for a song! He's got one year left on a 2.775 mil deal.

I think you've thrown his name out there in 5 different threads! I don't see this one happening...especially after he spurned us to sign that deal several years ago.

Probably. Marleau's decline was a bit more steep. 70 - 60 - 50 - 44 points. Pavelski is a year younger than Marleau, at the time, and still producing at the same rate he has throughout his career.
Pavs game doesn't depend on speed the way Marleau is. I'd be more comfortable with Pavelski.

Also I think Pavs does better in the east, less "heavy" hockey.

at his age though I think its more about how many total dollars he has left to make. What's the max years someone will offer, 5? How much does a team risk paying a 39/40 year old Pavelski at the end of a 5 year deal? If you have an offer of $16m for 2 years v. say $20 for 3 years, which do you take if you're Pavelski? Do you risk that $4m now to bet on yourself being able to sign another deal at age 37 for more?
Great point. I have no idea. Some guys just want the security and want to play.

I think you've thrown his name out there in 5 different threads! I don't see this one happening...especially after he spurned us to sign that deal several years ago.

Different time/Different team, Kev. We can use a veteran player like that. I'm tired of watching the Jesper Fasts and other bottom 6 ice wanderers. Time to step up the game. Again, he's going to be cheap and he'll help the kids. If he doesn't work out, you let him fly at the deadline or at the end of the year.

I actually really like the Pavelski idea. I think he solves a few issues down the middle, especially given the Kevin Hayes departure. That said, obviously can't do him AND Panarin unless Kreider and/or Shatty are gone.

Side note: I've been looking at this thread for months now and never thought to ask: what the heck does the title mean?

I actually really like the Pavelski idea. I think he solves a few issues down the middle, especially given the Kevin Hayes departure. That said, obviously can't do him AND Panarin unless Kreider and/or Shatty are gone.

Side note: I've been looking at this thread for months now and never thought to ask: what the heck does the title mean?

Panarin's nickname is Bread Man