• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Off-Season Thread: We Got This Bread, Man

Phil

Finland's lines for tonight's Worlds game...

1. kentt?:

34 Kaapo Kakko - 22 Arttu Ruotsalainen - 10 Eemeli Suomi

2 Mikko Lehtonen - 7 Oliwer Kaski

2. kentt?:

76 Jere Sallinen - 20 Aleksi Mustonen - 65 Sakari Manninen

6 Tony Sund - 55 Miika Koivisto

3. kentt?:

39 Anrei Hakulinen - 24 Hannes Bj?rninen - 23 Joonas N?ttinen

52 Otto Leskinen - 50 Juuso Vainio

4. kentt?:

25 Joel Kiviranta - 21 Eetu Luostarinen - 12 Marko Anttila

40 Petteri Lindbohm - 2 Tarmo Reunanen

13. hy?kk??j?:

15 Arttu Ilom?ki

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. kentt?:

2. kentt?:

3. kentt?:

4. kentt?:

13. hy?kk??j?:

15 Arttu Ilom?ki

I would LOVE to steal Aleksi Heponiemi from Florida.

1. kentt?:

2. kentt?:

3. kentt?:

4. kentt?:

13. hy?kk??j?:

15 Arttu Ilom?ki

Forgot to highlight Tarmo Reunanen. 4th rounder from 2016, had a really good season in Liiga this year. 25 points in 58 games, still only 21 y/old.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I would LOVE to steal Aleksi Heponiemi from Florida.

Might not get the chance now that they have real talent evaluators like Q there.

Bluntly, if I'm looking for a buddy Finn for KK, I'd love to snag Esa Lindell off Dallas. Else, yeah, I'm good with bringing in a Filppula or someone like that.

Might not get the chance now that they have real talent evaluators like Q there.

Bluntly, if I'm looking for a buddy Finn for KK, I'd love to snag Esa Lindell off Dallas. Else, yeah, I'm good with bringing in a Filppula or someone like that.

Dust Esa Tikkanen’s old ass off and stick him out there. Tikk can show him how to butcher the English language.

If anyone has seen it, Tikk’s on ice postgame interview with Al Trautwig after Matteau scored the series winning goal in 94 ECF vs NJ is the greatest interview in the history of sports.

Dust Esa Tikkanen’s old ass off and stick him out there. Tikk can show him how to butcher the English language.

If anyone has seen it, Tikk’s on ice postgame interview with Al Trautwig after Matteau scored the series winning goal in 94 ECF vs NJ is the greatest interview in the history of sports.

:rofl:

Tikk doesn't even speak Finnish well. Fucking guy speaks something close to Martian!! I know guys that speak Fin, and can't understand what the hell he says!!! I used to think it was that dialect of Fin (Me?nkieli), but I don't think it's that either!! LOL

Lemeiux looks like he plays a little like Tikkannen, and I love it!

:rofl:

Tikk doesn't even speak Finnish well. Fucking guy speaks something close to Martian!! I know guys that speak Fin, and can't understand what the hell he says!!! I used to think it was that dialect of Fin (Me?nkieli), but I don't think it's that either!! LOL

Lemeiux looks like he plays a little like Tikkannen, and I love it!

Tikk’s brand of English is its own dialect altogether.

Have you actually seen the interview I mentioned?

It's hard to even know what holes the Rangers have on their roster next year because there's a question mark at literally every position except for 1C. Is Chytil playing center or wing? Andersson? Howden? Nieves? Who are they shipping out on D? Anyone? I can't see a successful scenario in which they have Brendan Smith playing wing and a never ending rotation at D. Who's playing goal?

It's hard to even know what holes the Rangers have on their roster next year because there's a question mark at literally every position except for 1C. Is Chytil playing center or wing? Andersson? Howden? Nieves? Who are they shipping out on D? Anyone? I can't see a successful scenario in which they have Brendan Smith playing wing and a never ending rotation at D. Who's playing goal?

What? Haven’t you heard the rangers are one signing from being in the eastern conference finals.

What are they supposed to do with their cap space? Nothing?

Should we continue to be irrelevant for the next couple years, in an obvious effort to suck whilst sitting on 15-20 million in cap space? Is that the argument? Isn't that embarrassing? Does this hockey club and storied organization have no honour to uphold?

What are they supposed to do with their cap space? Nothing?

Should we continue to be irrelevant for the next couple years, in an obvious effort to suck whilst sitting on 15-20 million in cap space? Is that the argument? Isn't that embarrassing? Does this hockey club and storied organization have no honour to uphold?

No. Haven't you heard? The answer is to use the cap space on guys like Dzingel and Brandon Tanev to clog up roster space with more of the same rather than an elite player to play on the top line. Something something because signing an elite player like Panarin is "more of the same". You know, like that time we signed elite players like Gomez, Drury, and Redden....err they were elite right?

What? Haven?t you heard the rangers are one signing from being in the eastern conference finals.

Now you're sounding like a troll. No one has said that. Many disagree with your position but that doesn't mean they have delusions that the team will magically become a contender next year. I think the biggest flaw with your argument is your idea that Panarin is not elite. I'm pretty sure if you've watched him at all you would have a different idea.

I'm wondering if NYR really need to 'bottom-out' twice in order to have a successful rebuild. Sure, another #1 or #2 pick would be wonderful, but how realistic is that? I can see a way forward where this year's additions, plus our other moves to date (invites to camp, etc.) AND what we might get from the draft or free agency starts to build our team's ascension in the ranks. I'm not predicting a Stanley Cup next season but I'm questioning just how the addition of 'newer, better parts' can somehow keep us at or near the bottom while at the same time, not take advantage of those same newer talents? I mean at some point, you just start getting better, right?

I think next year is a lot like this year. A lot of figuring stuff out and losing in over time. Gotta think one of kravtsov, chytil, Anderson, or Kakko/Hughes has an a break out season to make up for some of the losing they?ll be doing due to lots of rookies on the team.

I?d say they?re gonna have another top 10 pick for sure - luck will determine if it?s any better than that. Doesn?t mean the team won?t make a lot of progress next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I’m being Captain Obvious here but next season all hinges on who they get this summer and how much impact they get from the youth.

With 1 big FA signing and mild improvements from kids they are maybe 8-10 points better. With 2 and greater improvement by the young guys they could be 15-20 points better and a lower seeded playoff team. If they get in to the playoffs then who knows. But I don’t think they’d win more than a round.

There are merits to both of those 2 possible outcomes. Another season of 70-80 points puts them back in the lottery and gives them a higher pick in what is supposed to be a great draft class in 2020. But seeing them take a step forward and be a playoff team next year would be really nice too.

I actually think it winds up as 1 big signing. I think that signing is Panarin. I think they improve but still suffer from the growing pains of youth and deal with roster holes as they wait on more of the help that is on the way to develop and they end up with about 85 points and a pick in the teens.

Honestly, another season of 75ish points and a top-10 pick would be viewed as a disappointment to them internally. The organization is looking to improve this summer and to see those results manifest on the ice and in greater points.

It is a good thing that they have those expectations. They need to be more competitive next year and not in terms of effort, in terms of results.

Now you're sounding like a troll. No one has said that. Many disagree with your position but that doesn't mean they have delusions that the team will magically become a contender next year. I think the biggest flaw with your argument is your idea that Panarin is not elite. I'm pretty sure if you've watched him at all you would have a different idea.

Islanders 0f 2019 anyone? 2018; worst defense! 2019; best defense! And moving on in the play-offs. Anything is possible in sports.

Signing panarin doesn’t fix the biggest problem which is the defense. Signing panarin doesn’t fix the second biggest problem, a center to play 2nd line minutes and matchups. Forcing the kids into that role can go great with somebody stepping up but it can Lso be a burden on them if it goes bad.

For the 100th time dzingel was brought up because others needed another person to sign if not one of the big 2. I’m perfectly fine with not signing anyone. That is not trying to lose. It’s trying to avoid the cap crunch that is coming in three years.

Signing panarin doesn?t fix the biggest problem which is the defense. Signing panarin doesn?t fix the second biggest problem, a center to play 2nd line minutes and matchups. Forcing the kids into that role can go great with somebody stepping up but it can Lso be a burden on them if it goes bad.

For the 100th time dzingel was brought up because others needed another person to sign if not one of the big 2. I?m perfectly fine with not signing anyone. That is not trying to lose. It?s trying to avoid the cap crunch that is coming in three years.

If you're expecting the defense to be fixed in one swipe, it's not going to happen.

citing a possession forward who takes the pressure off the defense will certainly help alleviate that responsibility.

Signing panarin doesn’t fix the biggest problem which is the defense. Signing panarin doesn’t fix the second biggest problem, a center to play 2nd line minutes and matchups. Forcing the kids into that role can go great with somebody stepping up but it can Lso be a burden on them if it goes bad.

For the 100th time dzingel was brought up because others needed another person to sign if not one of the big 2. I’m perfectly fine with not signing anyone. That is not trying to lose. It’s trying to avoid the cap crunch that is coming in three years.

I agree

Even with Karlsson coming in, playing 25+ minutes a night, the D still is subpar. He’s one guy on 1 pairing