• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Off-Season Thread: We Got This Bread, Man

Phil

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie McAvoy as well

Having issues in Boston getting an extension done with them. High price on him too no doubt, but if he becomes available he?s definitely worth a look

Trouba doesn't want to be in Winnipeg. I don't see a world where McAvoy gets moved out of Boston. They have a ton of other guys they would ship out before him.

Trouba doesn't want to be in Winnipeg. I don't see a world where McAvoy gets moved out of Boston. They have a ton of other guys they would ship out before him.

Very true on Trouba and they know that. Very likely he gets traded before next summer. Longer they wait the less they’ll get.

I agree on McAvoy. I think he gets a long term extension from Boston, but I mentioned it only cause it’s come out in the last month or so that he turned down their extension offer. He probably wants a little too much money, but I think he likes being in Boston and wants to stay there.

One really has nothing to do with the other and I've stated my case hundreds of times, so I'm not really interested in doing it again.

They do when the point is players of this caliber never become ufas. How do we know another karlsson will be available three years from now? Bird in the hand. All he costs is money.

He won’t be cheap. 25 year old RH defensemen who play 23 minutes a night are expensive. Maybe they get a little break on the price if Winnipeg is forced to trade him, but they’re still going to want something of value.

Probably looking at a package that includes one of Miller/Lundkvist/Hajek

Not sure Gorton would want to do that

I'll be more inclined to lose a couple of good assets in a trade for Trouba if it means Smith or Shattenkirk on the way out as part of the deal.

Miller is a non-starter IMO.

I'll be more inclined to lose a couple of good assets in a trade for Trouba if it means Smith or Shattenkirk on the way out as part of the deal.

Miller is a non-starter IMO.

I think it would be very difficult to get them to take a big salary back. Shattenkirk might make a little sense for them, as they could play him on their bottom pair and shelter his minutes. Maybe a change of scenery helps him. But I think it’s a long shot they’d take him.

Would they do it for Skjei?

I think it would be very difficult to get them to take a big salary back. Shattenkirk might make a little sense for them, as they could play him on their bottom pair and shelter his minutes. Maybe a change of scenery helps him. But I think it’s a long shot they’d take him.

Kreider. I'd do Kreider for Trouba every single day of the week.

They do when the point is players of this caliber never become ufas. How do we know another karlsson will be available three years from now? Bird in the hand. All he costs is money.
No, they don't have anything to do with each other when one has been injury free with way less miles and the other has already had a major surgery.

Thanks for playing, though.

Skjei/++ maybe. Not sure where that leaves the Rangers on the left side, and with a glut of RHD.

Skjei/++ maybe. Not sure where that leaves the Rangers on the left side, and with a glut of RHD.

I brought up Skjei because he’s the closest we’d have in terms of quality compared to Trouba and Winnipeg could use a LH D to play in their top 4 and Skjei would slot right in.

Skjei and Krieder?

I brought up Skjei because he’s the closest we’d have in terms of quality compared to Trouba and Winnipeg could use a LH D to play in their top 4 and Skjei would slot right in.

Skjei and Krieder?

Kreider for Trouba seems plenty, and a pretty even 1 for 1. I kind of like that deal if they do in fact lock up Panarin.

Skjei and Krieder?

That's an overpay considering every man and his dog knows Trouba isn't re signing there.

Kreider straight up imo.

Skjei for Trouba borrows from Peter to pay Paul.

Kreider for Trouba I would do, just don't know how much it helps Winnipeg.

I understand that. My line of thinking though is that if Winnipeg is dealing a D from the right side, they’d maybe want a D to play on their left side where they are thin in exchange

They really don’t have a need for another top 6 winger with Laine, Wheeler, Connor and Ehlers

I suppose acquiring Krieder could facilitate them trading one of the others for a LH D, but I can’t assume that.

I understand that. My line of thinking though is that if Winnipeg is dealing a D from the right side, they?d maybe want a D to play on their left side where they are thin in exchange

They really don?t have a need for another top 6 winger with Laine, Wheeler, Connor and Ehlers

I suppose acquiring Krieder could facilitate them trading one of the others for a LH D, but I can?t assume that.

Yea. I hear you.

That's an overpay considering every man and his dog knows Trouba isn't re signing there.

Kreider straight up imo.

Yeah probably. But it’s probably about equal in terms of actual value. Skjei has regressed a lot last 2 years and they’d only be getting one year of Krieder guaranteed and I don’t consider him a likely candidate to re-sign in Winnipeg, where as Trouba would be a very likely candidate to extend if traded to Rangers. Winnipeg could lose Krieder in all probability, so it’s more or less Skjei for Trouba. And Trouba is better than Skjei

Also, how does Winnipeg have cap problems? They are perfectly fine. They have 24 million to work with, plus however much the cap goes up. That's a lot more than the Rangers have. Even if the Jets give Laine a huge deal now they have plenty of room.

Conner, Myers, trouba, Tanev, chariot, and laine among others need new contracts.

Conner $6-7m a season

Trouba. $7-8m

Myers $6-7m

Laine $9-10m

Taney, chariot and Hayes walk. Even then laine, Conner, and Myers make up more than that. So yes they have cap problems