• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019 Draft Rankings Thread (TSN, HockeyProspect, etc.)

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pronman's final draft board is out. Top 10:

1. Hughes

2. Kakko

3. Turcotte

4. Byram

5. Caufield

6. Zegras

7. Cozens

8. Boldy

9. Broberg

10. Dach

Around the WPG pick he's got:

18. Hoglander

19. Puistola

20. Harley

21. Lavoie

22. Seider

https://theathletic.com/970746/2019/05/21/pronmans-2019-nhl-draft-board-top-107-prospects/

Nolan Foote at 80. wow.

Luka Burzan, a guy I've been watching, at 100. Would like to snag him in the 4th

Nolan Foote at 80. wow.

Luka Burzan, a guy I've been watching, at 100. Would like to snag him in the 4th

Between their mid-season and final ratings, NHLCS and Wheeler both dropped Foote 11 spots, while Draft Analyst hit him for 12. None of them quite shot him into the Sun like Pronman. Don't know what the 2nd half of his season did to deserve that.

As much as the league has gone to speed, look at St. Louis and Boston. Need those physical players with the ability to score.

Just look at Toronto as proof. All the skill in the world. Still can't get past the first round because they're soft as baby shit. I think Hyman is basically their only player who gets into the corners.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id/26942547/2019-nhl-draft-top-100-prospect-rankings-peters-final-draft-board

Chris Peters put together his final top 100 prospects list. Besides Leason, it seems like his list has numerous 2nd or 3rd time draft eligible prospects. It seems like Newhook was a big riser in his ranks (12) while Podkolzin dropped to 9 based on a pretty pedestrian end to the season.

https://www.nj.com/devils/2019/06/nhl-mock-draft-2019-jack-hughes-or-kaapo-kakko-no-1-to-devils-alex-turcotte-or-bowen-byram-no-3-to-blackhawks-full-31-pick-1st-round.html

19) Ottawa Senators (via Blue Jackets) - Arthur Kaliyev, LW (Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL)

2018-19 stats: 67 GP, 51 G, 51 A, 102 P

The Senators don’t get to use the No. 4 pick after trading it to the Avalanche, but they at least get one first-round selection after trading with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

20) New York Rangers (via Jets) - Philip Tomasino, C (Niagara IceDogs, OHL)

2018-19 stats: 67 GP, 34 G, 38 A, 72 P

After taking Kakko second overall, grabbing another high-scoring forward would round out a solid first round. They took defensemen with two of their three first-round picks last year.

NJ.com writer doing his own mock draft. I think Tomasino would be a nice choice. Big-time speed. Added the bit about Kaliyev because I think he'd be a tremendous choice too if he fell.

https://www.tsn.ca/americans-set-to-dominate-first-round-of-the-nhl-draft-1.1323878

Americans set to dominate first round of the NHL Draft

TSN’s 2019 NHL Draft Final Ranking, presented by Bob Mckenzie

This is not a mock draft. There’s no effort made here to match up prospects with specific NHL clubs based on the order of draft selection. TSN’s ranking has no connection to any individual club or the order of selection.

It is determined by surveying a panel of 10 NHL scouts on how each would numerically rank the available prospects. Those 10 individual sets of rankings are amalgamated to create a consensus ranking that forecasts a number or range where each prospect can reasonably be expected to be chosen.

16. Seider

17. Harley

18. York

19. Lavoie

20. Suzuki

21. Kaliyev

22. Tomasino

The thing about this ranking, is that it's doesn't necessarily mean anything. BM asks 11 of 31 scouts and then uses their averages to compile his list.

Of his players listed 25-80, all of them have at least 1 first round vote.

Basically, what I'm saying is I don't want to hear about this list if the Rangers go "off board" at #20 because there are guys deep into the draft that teams love.

Off board at 2 would be cause for outrage, but not at 20.

Theyre 5/6 on the McKenzie list, which is a cumulative list from NHL scouts.

I assume you are reading lists produced by Americans that saw Turcotte, Zegras, and Caufield jump up significantly during the WJCs. Even on the lists posted here, theyre going anywhere from 4 - 9. Picks 3-12 could go anywhere. I'm really excited to watch Friday night.

Dach is 12 in Buttons final list, 11 in ISS list. In this very thread. In that area in Pronman and Wheelers list as well iirc.

But yeah, I wouldn't be shocked to see either picked around 5. The picks from 3-12 are total wild cards. The only thing I'm certain about is Byram going in the top 5.

edit Dach is 10 in Pronmans list, 8 in Wheelers.

What would it take for us to move up to say the 13th pick if one of (Dach, Caufield, or Cozens) fall...?

Our 20th pick and both of our seconds get it done? If so would you do it?

My fantasy fall is actually Matthew Boldy who, for a top 10ish pick, has flown under the relative hype machine. But he just seems super strong on all aspects - pro shot, 2-way game, great skater, decent size, physical, great compete level. I know a center is more valuable, but he seems like a pretty complete package. So add him to the list and it's a yes. For Cozens or Dach, it's yes, also. (I'm still suspicious of Caufield for some reason.)

With the 4th round pick we got from Columbus, I'd go with Marc Del Gaizo. He was Cole Makar's D partner at UMass so his numbers are slightly skewed but he's a very solid 2 way d-man with oodles of hockey smarts. I also have skated with him a couple of times and he's a great kid from a good family.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id/26994310/2019-nhl-mock-draft-chris-peters-final-first-round-predictions

Chris Peters' final mock draft. Love Trouba but after #2 this draft lost some of its buzz for me!!!

Not sure if this content is behind a pay-wall but Tomasino slated to go 20th to Winnipeg now and Krebs dropping to 16 to Colorado are some of the interesting picks.

Podkolzin going to Edmonton at 8 seems slightly off to me. Too risky for a team that needs a hit.