• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

It is Time for the Rangers to Move On from Lindy Ruff

Stephen

Following the Rangers? hiring of Lindy Ruff as the defensive assistant in July of 2017, we offered up a scathing analysis of the decision. To summarize the argument, it was evident that Ruff?s hiring was more about his relationship with others on the Rangers? coaching staff rather than the result of a blind, intensive search for the best candidate. Furthermore, his credentials were severely lacking. Ruff?s teams in Dallas were consistently below average (to put it mildly) in most defensive metrics. They bled shot attempts. The penalty kill was atrocious. It?s probably not a coincidence that Dallas has dramatically improved in those areas over the last two seasons since Ruff?s departure.

Link: http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019/3/28/18284916/it-is-time-for-the-rangers-to-move-on-from-lindy-ruff-defense-pionk-skjei-staal-shattenkirk-smith

I dont think Ruff is the problem. There are 3 other coaches behind the bench.

He's certainly a problem.

He's been horrible developing players throughout his career. Remember all the hype around the Dallas D prospects 5 years ago?

He's certainly a problem.

He's been horrible developing players throughout his career. Remember all the hype around the Dallas D prospects 5 years ago?

That's not really a thing. Klingberg, Nemeth, Oleksiak and Lindell have all turned into NHLers. What prospect hasn't? Honka?

I don't think there's a coach that has enough turd polish to make a meaningful difference in the junk they're working with back there. Rupp can go as a scapegoat but I really don't think it will matter.

Isn't that why we moved away from AV and went with a more defensive system?

They let in more goals this season.

Archived