Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harvard D Adam Fox Will Not Sign with Hurricanes; Will Become UFA Next Summer

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    A 2nd or a 3rd is kind of high since it seems to me Carolina has no leverage, unless multiple teams are interested in a trade and Fox says he will sign with any of them.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    5th and/or cap dump.

Or wait. He can sign next season, burn his elc and re-sign next summer.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    I think we'd much prefer to get him into the system now. He's NHL ready.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    5th and/or cap dump.

Or wait. He can sign next season, burn his elc and re-sign next summer.
    You dumbass.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Canes will try to trade Harvard’s Fox, Dundon says

With Harvard defenseman Adam Fox balking at signing an entry-level contract with the Carolina Hurricanes, team owner Tom Dundon said Monday the Canes are looking at another option.

“We’ll try to trade him,” Dundon said. “I think we’ll do OK. We’ll see.”
    https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...228708234.html

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Change thread title to "Fox News" please.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    Change thread title to "Fox News" please.
    Well he does play on the right, so I approve

- John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    We can let him sit in Hartford until next March. We have a lot of flotsam to clear out.

How good is this guy? I've never seen him play, but based on the following from LeBrun he kind of sounds like the type of player we already have a couple of.

By all accounts, Fox should develop into a top-four NHL blueliner although I got some differing views of him on Thursday.

“I guess the question marks would be about his ability to defend,’’ said one NHL scout via text message. “He can run a PP. Offensive D-men are hard to find!’’

Said a rival Eastern Conference NHL team executive: “Above average puck skills. Really smart, terrific vision. Sub six-footer with modest speed and quickness. His size/speed ratio really bothers me. Drives a lot of production on the PP but I don’t see him being a major PP guy in our league.’’

From a Western Conference team exec: “There’s no question he’s a skilled guy. He’s undersized but full of offensive skill. Not a great skater but good instincts. How will that translate to the NHL?’’

And finally, from our prospects guru Corey Pronman:

“He’s an elite puck-mover,” Pronman told me on Thursday. “Outstanding vision, patience, overall offensive IQ. Prototypical PP QB. Concerns over his size and average feet in terms of how well he defends in the NHL. I don’t think he’s a star prospect but he could be a useful second pair D.’’
    I dunno. Never seen him play, as I said.

From everything I've read and been told from prospect experts, Tony DeAngelo isn't a bad comparison for him. Not as good of a skater, but better IQ.

Morphinity has seen him play a few times, and I know Drew a Penalty can speak to his game better, though.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

11. Double-checked with the NHL. NCAA Harvard’s Adam Fox cannot sign elsewhere for this season even if traded by Carolina. He can still be traded, however, and the game of poker is about 2019-20. If the Hurricanes do not deal him, Fox can a) join them or b) go back to school, becoming a free agent after next season. A few teams have checked in, saying GM Don Waddell is asking a high price.

The problem is, a lot of them suspect this is about the Rangers, who wouldn’t feel the need to pay big under those circumstances. If Fox is considering anyone else, it’s a small list and probably close to Manhattan.
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...ious-solution/
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Cool.
    I was listening to Joe & Mike’s pod this morning. They suggested trading Pionk for him.
    I’m not convinced the Canes go for that, but if it’s an option I’d do it in a heartbeat.

I mean, I would. I don't think Carolina would. They probably are asking for a first-round pick and hoping for a second-rounder based on his hype. Niether of which the Rangers should feel obligated to pay given the likelihood he's theirs for a little over a year from now.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I mean, I would. I don't think Carolina would. They probably are asking for a first-round pick and hoping for a second-rounder based on his hype. Niether of which the Rangers should feel obligated to pay given the likelihood he's theirs for a little over a year from now.
    I'd do our 2020 4th rounder. Any more than that and I just wait.

https://theathletic.com/903974/2019/...eeps-spinning/

On Tuesday’s TSN’s Insider Trading, I reported that the Rangers and Hurricanes have indeed had conversations about Fox. But where it goes from here?

For starters, the ‘Canes found out this week from the league that the NHL would void any sign-and-trade scenario that occurs before the offseason. The idea being that if Carolina signed Fox and then immediately flipped him to the Rangers, Fox could burn the first year of his entry-level deal before the end of this season. Turns out that can’t happen. The only team Fox can burn the first year of his entry-level deal for 2018-19 is Carolina.

If you’re the Rangers, what’s the hurry now? Sure seems like if there’s indeed a deal in the end between these two teams, it doesn’t make much sense to make it before the offseason.

There’s the price to consider. I don’t believe that the ‘Canes would take a second-round pick for Fox. I believe they’d be angling more at one of the Rangers’ low-end first-round picks, like the Winnipeg selection obtained for Kevin Hayes.

But I also believe the Rangers would balk at that price.
    Fucking pull the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Yeah I saw that. If any bit of that is true, good luck Carolina. Guess they won't be getting anything for him. They have next to zero leverage.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Why would we trade anything? I'm confused. If he wants to come, he will.
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Why would we trade anything? I'm confused. If he wants to come, he will.
    1. Get him on the team for next season
    2. Don't run the risk of him having a change of heart

But giving up a first rounder or actual prime assets would be ridiculous.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast