Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harvard D Adam Fox Will Not Sign with Hurricanes; Will Become UFA Next Summer

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    1. Get him on the team for next season
    2. Don't run the risk of him having a change of heart

But giving up a first rounder or actual prime assets would be ridiculous.
    Yeah, I guess I don't see the value in giving up anything. I mean I'd ship out Pionk or some other garbage but a 1st or really any picks and prospects is a ridiculous ask. It's not like Fox puts this team in the playoffs.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Yeah, I guess I don't see the value in giving up anything. I mean I'd ship out Pionk or some other garbage but a 1st or really any picks and prospects is a ridiculous ask. It's not like Fox puts this team in the playoffs.
    Getting NHL time next year is definitely worth giving something up, just not a 1st/2nd. A 3rd maybe, a 4th definitely.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Getting NHL time next year is definitely worth giving something up, just not a 1st/2nd. A 3rd maybe, a 4th definitely.
    Agree. Fox was a third round pick obtained by Carolina in a trade to get rid of someone they didn't want in the room.

Not worth a first or second... Maybe a 2nd if we get a pick back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Agree. Fox was a third round pick obtained by Carolina in a trade to get rid of someone they didn't want in the room.

Not worth a first or second... Maybe a 2nd if we get a pick back.
    I would consider swapping 2nds, and giving them a 4th as a sweetener. The difference in 2nds I would guesstimate is a good 12-15 spots or so?

My only hesitation with a 3rd round pick is the Rangers only have one. It would be nice to maintain at least 1 pick in every round. Going 2 full rounds in between picks may cause them to reach on a player early. Open to swapping 3rd round picks too.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    One thing that was mentioned on the BSB pod that I kind of nodded in agreement to, was that getting Fox in this offseason forces their hand to do something about the Shatty/Smith/Staal situations. You can't head in to next season carrying

Skjei
    DeAngelo
    Smith
    Staal
    Pionk
    Fox
    Shattenkirk
    Hajek

I'd love to get this guy in a year early. But if it's true about Carolina's ask then forget about it.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    One thing that was mentioned on the BSB pod that I kind of nodded in agreement to, was that getting Fox in this offseason forces their hand to do something about the Shatty/Smith/Staal situations. You can't head in to next season carrying

Skjei
    DeAngelo
    Smith
    Staal
    Pionk
    Fox
    Shattenkirk
    Hajek

I'd love to get this guy in a year early. But if it's true about Carolina's ask then forget about it.
    Well, yeah, this is the other thing. What the hell do you do with those players?
    GORTON 2020

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I'm fairly certain that would make the decision to move Pionk very simple. Take what you can get.

You can also probably find takers for Smith and Shattenkirk.

I'm fairly certain that would make the decision to move Pionk very simple. Take what you can get.

You can also probably find takers for Smith and Shattenkirk.
    Maybe, but can't imagine the Rangers wouldn't have to eat at least half the cap hit on either one.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Maybe, but can't imagine the Rangers wouldn't have to eat at least half the cap hit on either one.
    I don't think so, TBH. They'd just maybe have to take a bad contract back and bury it, like Belesky.

I don't think so, TBH. They'd just maybe have to take a bad contract back and bury it, like Belesky.
    Burying contracts doesn't save much against the cap, but I'm not opposed just from a standpoint of flushing those guys out. Especially Shattenkirk.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Burying contracts doesn't save much against the cap, but I'm not opposed just from a standpoint of flushing those guys out. Especially Shattenkirk.
    Yea I'm not sure on the math.

Shattenkirk Ranger career in a nutshell is his shootout attempt last night.

Yea I'm not sure on the math.

Shattenkirk Ranger career in a nutshell is his shootout attempt last night.
    https://www.capfriendly.com/faq#buried

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    So, Fox, 16 months away from unrestricted free agency if the defenseman returns to Harvard for his senior season. You should know that even with four first-rounders (including one hypothetical from Tampa Bay and one from Dallas in addition to Winnipeg’s and their own second-overall), the Rangers would be loathe to send one to Carolina for the righty defenseman who was a Hobey Baker finalist.

But they might have been tempted at No. 31. Now, the Blueshirts will have to consider whether to sacrifice one of what could be as many as three second-rounders (their own at No. 33, Tampa Bay’s at what would be 58, and Dallas’ at what would be 49) in order to acquire the 21-year-old.

The Rangers could wait out a Carolina team that has very little leverage. They could wait until August 2020 and sign Fox without yielding an asset in return. Just about everyone in the industry thinks it’s a done deal. But there are no sure things. Accidents happen. And the Rangers, energized by their lottery success, don’t necessarily want to wait a year.

Fifty-eight sounds about right.
    https://nypost.com/2019/04/13/blue-j...s-for-rangers/
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Is Krug a good comparable?

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    He's drawn comparisons to both Leetch and Karlsson in terms of style. Clearly those are lofty shoes to fill if that style actually translates to the NHL fully.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Yeah, that's pie in the sky shit. He's 5 foot fuck all.

I'm just hoping he's not Ryan Murray.

I'd give a 3rd round pick so we don't lose next year for potential progress out of him at a pro level. I wouldn't be upset if the Rangers gave them a late 2nd though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123