Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Stranger Things 3' on Netflix

#68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    Definitely more gory and dark. Has bit of a zombie horror movie feel to it though. And couldn't they have come up with a more original character for Grigori than a Russian Terminator?

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    This show is designed entirely on 80s tropes, Karan. Grigori was a perfect character for this show. So was Billy.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Best season yet. Fantastic storytelling.
    I felt this way too. Season 2 was OK, but this one was great.

Episode Two might be the most wholesome episode in entire series. El going shopping with Max set to "Material Girl" is just *chefs kiss* perfect.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

I love how Steve was in the Scoops Ahoy outfit the entire season.

Make believe I'm everywhere
    Given in the light
    Written on the pages is
    The answer to a never ending sto-ry!

Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah!
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    I have a love/hate relationship with binge watching. When is season 4 coming??
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

My guess is Christmas 2020.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    I've been holding off on this until I could watch it with my wife. We've never watched a single show together in over a decade. Better be good!

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    I have a love/hate relationship with binge watching. When is season 4 coming??
    Same watched the whole season in one evening. Won't remember anything that happened by the time the next season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I've been holding off on this until I could watch it with my wife. We've never watched a single show together in over a decade. Better be good!
    It's fantastic, and I won't accept otherwise.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    I love how Steve was in the Scoops Ahoy outfit the entire season.
    Yeah I just noticed that watching episode 5 too, pretty easy for the costume director. Same outfit every episode hah! The Steve-Dustin dynamic was the most entertaining part of this season for me. Hopper's character got a bit too crazy IMO and lost a bit of that imposing feel from previous seasons.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    So far so good but my 10 year old can't stand all the smooching.

My guess is Christmas 2020.
    Im hoping that they already filmed it because they can't be kids if they wait to film another season. It was such a jump in their looks from season 2 to season 3. From what I heard, the Duffer Brothers already have the script written and they said there will be a season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Karan View Post
    Yeah I just noticed that watching episode 5 too, pretty easy for the costume director. Same outfit every episode hah! The Steve-Dustin dynamic was the most entertaining part of this season for me. Hopper's character got a bit too crazy IMO and lost a bit of that imposing feel from previous seasons.

I liked Hopper's character throughout this. He was so sarcastic, and I love the Hawaiian shirt with jeans, its so Miami Vice.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Im hoping that they already filmed it because they can't be kids if they wait to film another season. It was such a jump in their looks from season 2 to season 3. From what I heard, the Duffer Brothers already have the script written and they said there will be a season 4.
    I mean that’s just how puberty works. This season really emphasized what effects growing into a teenager has on kids. If they’re growing mentally and relationship wise why wouldn’t they also grow physically? I’d rather they make storylines that work with what they’re trying to do instead of unrealistically act like kids don’t age. If it takes over a year or more to make a new one. So be it.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Same watched the whole season in one evening. Won't remember anything that happened by the time the next season starts.
    Yea I don't remember season 2 at all lol

But I also wasn't interested in it. The show was cool when it was all mystery - the first 5-6 episodes - but once they showed the monster and it became more of a thriller, I lost interest.

'Stranger Things' producer confirms your Season 4 theories are on the right track

"I am completely not at liberty to hint at whether some of these fan theories online are guessing correctly," Levy began — before doing exactly that.

"I will say, every once in a while, there's a fan theory that lands uncomfortably close to home. We saw that happen in advance of Season 3, and I'm already seeing a few online that may prove to be prophetic."
    "From the very beginning, the Duffers, while not exactly having a precise roadmap, have had very clear markers, signature images, moments, and outcomes that [they've wanted to hit] and you've seen a lot of those," Levy said of the way the series is planned out.

"But I'm always surprised by what gets picked up and what gets culturally sticky... Some fan theories are absolutely bonkers and really admirable in their creativity, if not their accuracy."
    https://mashable.com/article/strange...=feature_title
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Germanic Ranger Junior Division H-Dreamer's Avatar
    This show is designed entirely on 80s tropes, Karan. Grigori was a perfect character for this show. So was Billy.
    Yh, down to the Russians being like in most 80s Spy/Action movies, including the pointlessness of disguising your Operations, if you have a random mall warehouse guarded by 2 guys with MPs.

But it was a fun watch again. Just better not think about it too much.

Just finished ST3. Overall pretty enjoyable season but it felt a bit rushed towards the end and could've used 10 episodes. As always, the 80s theme was spot on throughout. I personally felt the storyline this season lacked some originality but I can live with that.

Main disappointment for me was how they wrote some of the male characters this season compared to before. Especially Hopper, he was played as bit of a senile goof this season. The other male characters too, particularly Lucas, Mike, Jonathan and Steve, they really played them down this season and made them almost appear narrowminded and foolish, presumably in an effort to boost the female characters.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast