Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RS] (#72) Rangers @ Minnesota Wild // The State of Suck-ey

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Rangers young players should be in the minors. There no point in making them a part of this. I also question whether any of them are ready.
    GORTON 2020

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    The minors are no better. Hartford is probably even worse.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Rangers young players should be in the minors. There no point in making them a part of this. I also question whether any of them are ready.
    I’m questioning if any of them have gotten better this year.

This road trip looked a lot like tanking.

Bruce Bodreau trying desperately to ignore the Hanson brothers behind him was amusing.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Love me some more Pionk. #1stPair #SmellsAllTheWayToNJ
    #GTFO

If AV was the coach people would be saying they're tuning him out stinking up the ice this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    I’m questioning if any of them have gotten better this year.
    Chyl: regressed from where he was the first 20 games
    Howden: ditto (and how do you give PP time to a guy who has scored one goal in 37 games. I doubt there is another player as ineffective as he has been who has gotten as much ice time as he has in the entire league)
    Pionk: regressed
    Vesey: Used to look good for a whole game here and there. Now he looks good for a couple of shifts here and there.
    Buchnevich: Modestly improved perhaps.
    Andersson: Same as he was at the start of the year.
    DeAngelo: modestly improved but troubling issues remain.

Is there any reason to believe that young players who have not improved with experience over the course of a season will be better next year? Chyl is so young and obviously not ready for the grind of an NHL season, so perhaps you give him a bit of a pass, but not the rest. But even Chyl I would not have expected to lose intensity half way through his second long North American season.

How's that rebuild looking so far?

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Pretty good I'd say.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Pretty good I'd say.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Chyl: regressed from where he was the first 20 games
    Howden: ditto (and how do you give PP time to a guy who has scored one goal in 37 games. I doubt there is another player as ineffective as he has been who has gotten as much ice time as he has in the entire league)
    Pionk: regressed
    Vesey: Used to look good for a whole game here and there. Now he looks good for a couple of shifts here and there.
    Buchnevich: Modestly improved perhaps.
    Andersson: Same as he was at the start of the year.
    DeAngelo: modestly improved but troubling issues remain.

Is there any reason to believe that young players who have not improved with experience over the course of a season will be better next year? Chyl is so young and obviously not ready for the grind of an NHL season, so perhaps you give him a bit of a pass, but not the rest. But even Chyl I would not have expected to lose intensity half way through his second long North American season.

How's that rebuild looking so far?
    Scarier thought is stockpiling draft picks might minimize the chance a player you take is a stiff. But a pile of high draft picks is not a guarantee as Buffalo and Edmonton could show you. There's nobody so far with the young kids who has shown himself to be an offensive force. Now, that could change. But not so far.

Vesey pisses me off. Get the sense as a guy who went to Harvard and having a scout for a dad he thinks he's spot in the NHL is a lock. And so far his production is mostly shit, what ever spark of talent you see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Agreed.
    Agreed.

Chytil and Howden deserved to make the team but it's clear that the 82 game schedule has just been too much for them.

If Chytil, Howden, Andersson, and Hajek were all in the minors and then you stick in Kravstov and a few more players next year, Hartford wouldn't suck.

This idea that a 19 year old has to go straight to the NHL is such utter bullshit. Yes the NHL is younger but none of our prospects are Connor McDavid.

The ideal pathway should look more like Mark Scheifele's and less like everyone on the Oilers.
    GORTON 2020

Chytil and Howden deserved to make the team but it's clear that the 82 game schedule has just been too much for them.

If Chytil, Howden, Andersson, and Hajek were all in the minors and then you stick in Kravstov and a few more players next year, Hartford wouldn't suck.

This idea that a 19 year old has to go straight to the NHL is such utter bullshit. Yes the NHL is younger but none of our prospects are Connor McDavid.

The ideal pathway should look more like Mark Scheifele's and less like everyone on the Oilers.
    Scheifele was only 20 when he got some real playing time with the Jets. This seems like a bad example to make your point.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Scheifele was only 20 when he got some real playing time with the Jets. This seems like a bad example to make your point.
    I guess my point is that he was pro for two years before he got a full time spot on the nhl roster in year three.
    Last edited by ThirtyONE; 03-17-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    GORTON 2020

I guess my point is that he was pro for two years before he got a full time spot on the nhl roster in year three.
    No, he wasn't. He was playing in junior. Only ever played 10 AHL playoff games. Essentially went straight from junior to the NHL.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    No, he wasn't. He was playing in junior. Only ever played 10 AHL playoff games. Essentially went straight from junior to the NHL.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Hmm. Not according to NHL.com stats. They have him playing 7 games his draft year and 4 the year after.

Either way, that's not the point. The point is, there's no need to rush these players into the NHL at 19 and 20.
    GORTON 2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12