Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Rangers will be diving into UFA waters,"

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

"Rangers will be diving into UFA waters,"

“I think what’s really interesting is how Strome, after kind of falling out in Edmonton, has found a role there,” began Friedman. “I think he’s been a little bit revived in New York. That’s a good sign for them.

“It’s going to be an interesting summer for those guys because they’re going into the free agent waters, and they’re not going to be tip-toeing in - they’re going to be diving in. I think it’ll be interesting to see Panarin, I think they’re going to take a big run at him. We’ll see what else is out there.
    https://www.nicholsonhockey.com/arch...nto-ufa-waters
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Rangers Fans: Panarin and Karlsson!!

Rangers: We would like to announce that we have given out max contracts to Jeff Skinner

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Rangers Fans: Panarin and Karlsson!!

Rangers: We would like to announce that we have given out max contracts to Jeff Skinner
    Please stop. This sounds a little too realistic and Ranger like.

I wonder what Skinner is going to get.
    Will someone go north of 8.5?

Senior Member Midget Division
    Someone needs to do a welfare check on FatFrancesa...this article might put him over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Someone needs to do a welfare check on FatFrancesa...this article might put him over the edge.
    Im fine. I totally expect it. There are reasons why 94 will have to last a lifetime. History repeats itself again and again. What do they say about people who don’t learn from it?

Hopefully the players won’t want to play for a bad team and they will save he rangers from themselves.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Im fine. I totally expect it. There are reasons why 94 will have to last a lifetime. History repeats itself again and again. What do they say about people who don’t learn from it?

Hopefully the players won’t want to play for a bad team and they will save he rangers from themselves.
    Unfortunately money talks
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

so this team is like the 94 team?
    And if history repeats itself, shouldnt we go after guys like the 93-94 team did?

Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    Is Friedman making this assertion on inside information or is it another expectation based on past inclination of the Rangers to pursue big fish?

Yeah something like that. 94 will be the only cup of my lifetime if marketing continues to trump winning.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    Is Friedman making this assertion on inside information or is it another expectation based on past inclination of the Rangers to pursue big fish?
    Most likely both. He and Kypreos have linked Panarin to the Rangers since the beginning, so there's plenty there to work with.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Every big name UFA gets linked to the Rangers
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Gotta stay the course...Franny. I'm with you my man!

Rebuild the system, and restock the youth that has been depleted or hasn't panned out. I'm still figuring on another year or 2 before we can or should go out and start buying. These young players need to develop yet. and I don't think anyone really knows what these kids are going to turn into just yet. The good thing is that we see some good signs from some of them.

We have some good chances to draft some promising talent this off season, and next season we should have some other aging assets and UFA's that may need to be sold off (ie: Kreider) to garner a few more high picks, hopefully.

Bottom line is we're going to have to suck it up for a year or 2 more in order to do this correctly. I'm on board with it, and I don't feel as if signing guys like Panarin or Karlsson are going get this current team anyplace. This team needs to be revamped and restocked from the ground up, and it's not going to be anywhere near "instant gratification". But if we exhibit some patience (which you're right....NEVER HAPPENS), we could build a perennially good franchise again and contend pretty much every year for a cup.

so this team is like the 94 team?
    And if history repeats itself, shouldnt we go after guys like the 93-94 team did?
    Or maybe they should have just drafted their own Messier instead of trading for him /s

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Every big name UFA gets linked to the Rangers
    Don't think Tavares was legitimately linked to the Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Or maybe they should have just drafted their own Messier instead of trading for him /s
    There is one thing I know about Rangers draft picks, and history is repeating itself!

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Of course that silly salary cap didn’t exist then and the rangers weren’t in tear down mode when they traded for him but hey who’s counting? Just add panarin and Karlsson to this group and presto you’ve got a contender. Call it the nba model or the Edmonton model to success. Two stars to decorate the shit that is the rest of the roster.

There is one thing I know about Rangers draft picks, and history is repeating itself!

They haven’t started trading them yet so not sure how much it’s reoeating yet. I’m sure that will next though. Amazing how quickly the patience for rebuild has worn off.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Of course that silly salary cap didn’t exist then and the rangers weren’t in tear down mode when they traded for him but hey who’s counting? Just add panarin and Karlsson to this group and presto you’ve got a contender. Call it the nba model or the Edmonton model to success. Two stars to decorate the shit that is the rest of the roster.
    Give me the road map to success that has worked for every team. Say they did tear it down to the studs and keep drafting relatively high. Has this been proven to be successful time and again? I understand you preaching patience. I get it. But like has been said over and over, Panarin is still young. This isn't bringing Brad Richards in at this point. This is bringing another player like Zibanejad in.

There is more than one way to develop a winner. You're adamant that the only way is to keep reloading on youth. I think that, coupled with the right free agents, is the right way. Who knows which of us or either of us is right? Time will tell I guess.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast