Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Kakko Overtaking Hughes as the Number One Pick?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,202
    Rep Power
    79

    Kakko Overtaking Hughes as the Number One Pick?

    Sportsnet Rankings

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juni...ankings-march/

    1. Kaapo Kakko, RW, TPS (Liiga), 6-foot-2, 194 pounds: Patrik Laine and Jesperi Kotkaniemi have paved the way with a similar career path. There is some thought Kakko could play centre, and if the team picking first believes that, he may very well bypass Hughes.

    2. Jack Hughes, C, USNTDP, 5-foot-10, 168 pounds: If — and this is a big IF — he is a consolation prize, it will be like winning the lottery.
    __________________________________

  2. #2
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,203
    Rep Power
    111
    please god let us in the top 2!
    GORTON 2020

  3. #3
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    3,549
    Rep Power
    70
    I don't think I realized that Kakko was such a big boy.

  4. #4
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,658
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    please god let us in the top 2!
    wont happen. we're too stupid to properly tank and rebuild

  5. #5
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    86,084
    Rep Power
    454
    I don't see a reason they can't fall to fifth (worst) over the next handful of games. That would give them a 26.1% at a top-three pick and an 8.5% chance at first overall. It's possible.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  6. #6
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,940
    Rep Power
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I don't see a reason they can't fall to fifth (worst) over the next handful of games. That would give them a 26.1% at a top-three pick and an 8.5% chance at first overall. It's possible.
    Either of the top two would be a HUGE step in this rebuild. Cost controlled franchise players.

    Which we haven’t had since Leetch?


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  7. #7
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    86,084
    Rep Power
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Either of the top two would be a HUGE step in this rebuild. Cost controlled franchise players.

    Which we haven’t had since Leetch?


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Yup. They've had what they hoped were franchise players who turned out not to be (Brendl, Lundmark —*4th and 9th respectively), but haven't had their own guy in place from the get-go since Leetch. Cherepanov probably would have been, but we all know what happened there.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  8. #8
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,126
    Rep Power
    318
    #30
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  9. #9
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,203
    Rep Power
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    wont happen. we're too stupid to properly tank and rebuild
    By too stupid you mean Hank won’t leave. They tried. He said no.

    Without Hank this team is near or at the bottom of the league this year.
    GORTON 2020

  10. #10
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,160
    Rep Power
    301
    I don't think so, he's been fairly ordinary.

  11. #11
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    86,084
    Rep Power
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I don't think so, he's been fairly ordinary.
    He's still above average, but without him, they're definitely a bottom-three club.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  12. #12
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,160
    Rep Power
    301
    Without him, or a reasonable facsimile.

    7/8 of the starting goalies in this league are at his level or above. Our best goalie in the Org wasn't even on the roster this year.

  13. #13
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,658
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    By too stupid you mean Hank won’t leave. They tried. He said no.

    Without Hank this team is near or at the bottom of the league this year.
    2.99 GAA and .909 save percentage

  14. #14
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,658
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    He's still above average, but without him, they're definitely a bottom-three club.
    2.99 GAA and .909 save percentage

    above average?

  15. #15
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,126
    Rep Power
    318
    draft-wise, be happy he didnt have a long hot streak and steal games like the Henrik of seasons past
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  16. #16
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,658
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    draft-wise, be happy he didnt have a long hot streak and steal games like the Henrik of seasons past
    he was on a roll in the beginning of the season.

  17. #17
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    27,126
    Rep Power
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    he was on a roll in the beginning of the season.
    before Quinn got to him.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  18. #18
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,658
    Rep Power
    62
    wrong thread

  19. #19
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    86,084
    Rep Power
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    2.99 GAA and .909 save percentage

    above average?
    On a team with the 26th-worst goal-differential, who is 30th-ranked in shot attempts (blocked and unblocked). Kind of important qualifiers in the conversation, no?

    He's also just outside the top-10 among goalies with at least 1000 minutes played (so, basically starters) in high danger shots against, high danger saves, and high danger save percentage.

    But this isn't about Hank. We can talk about that in a new thread, if you want.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  20. #20
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,658
    Rep Power
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    On a team with the 26th-worst goal-differential, who is 30th-ranked in shot attempts (blocked and unblocked). Kind of important qualifiers in the conversation, no?

    He's also just outside the top-10 among goalies with at least 1000 minutes played (so, basically starters) in high danger shots against, high danger saves, and high danger save percentage.

    But this isn't about Hank. We can talk about that in a new thread, if you want.
    right...and most of the nights he started, he had his period

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •