• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

General Golf Thread

Vodka Drunkenski

First kid? You're still good for once a week. It's your practice that will suffer. No time for that. Second kid is once a month. Third kid is down to watching the Sunday of a major, no Valero or Houston Open.

Congratz BTW!!!

• Like 1

First kid? You're still good for once a week. It's your practice that will suffer. No time for that. Second kid is once a month. Third kid is down to watching the Sunday of a major, no Valero or Houston Open.

Congratz BTW!!!

Yeah first lol

I don't really practice anyway so good to hear I'll be able to play regularly. I'm pretty excited to see if he's into golf at all. I really enjoy playing with my family - they're the reason I ever took up the game.

bought a new golf bag as my golf splurge this year (although not much of a splurge). I do want a new iron set but I'm not sure how much it's worth it to drop that kind of money at the moment. Nothing really wrong with my current irons, they're just old and I'm tired of them.

taking a half-day at work tomorrow to play and then leaving work a little early on Friday to play as well.

my friend im golfing with on friday is in a similar situation to you Morph, first kid coming shortly so he's getting in as much as he can, can't say no when he wants to go lol

Anybody had a professional fitting? I'm 6'4" and have played with standard length clubs my whole life, which probably wasn't too bright on my part. Preparing to get what I expect to be my last set of clubs and figure getting them the right size might help. Anything to look for (or watch out for) in getting a fitting?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Anybody had a professional fitting? I'm 6'4" and have played with standard length clubs my whole life, which probably wasn't too bright on my part. Preparing to get what I expect to be my last set of clubs and figure getting them the right size might help. Anything to look for (or watch out for) in getting a fitting?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

There's multiple factors, wrist to floor measurement will determine length then when they have you at the right length, they will put tape on the bottom of the club and face to help determine lie angle

Sent from my SM-A515U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It's hard to keep the boys together.

We have a group chat with six of us. 15 kids under 12 between the six. We've all been beasties since about 1988. Somebody throws up a tee time and the first three to reply in the affirmative are in. Most weeks, it's tough to get even three to commit.

• 1 month later...
I hate this thread.

I live a mile away from a golf course and havent been golfing in 5 years.

I'm going to have to be that guy that shows up alone.

I do that sometimes, Josh.

Matter of fact, last week I flew the coop from the office around noon, and went to one of the Suffolk County courses (West Sayville).

Two older guys (even older than me!!!) were on the first tee and I walked right on, and they told me in the pro shop I could just go play with them...no practice, no wait...no nothing! So I was like "Fuck it! Sure!"

I get on the tee and one of the guys comes up to me and says "Try no to slow us down!" :rofl:

I had to laugh because this old coot has no clue I'm a 3 handicap, and played in the fucking US Open Qualifier back in 2002, the first year it was at Bethpage!!! Well, by the 7th hole, he marches by me and asks me if I'm 1-under. I told him "Nah! I'm actually even par!" By the 9th he was asking me how to work the ball left and right, and by #12 he was pulling the flag for me!!! I made those guys laugh their asses off, and I even gave him a pretty awesome putting tip! Dude even made a 20 footer for par on the next hole using my tip!!!

I think I might have even gotten a good blow job from him if I stuck around after 18!! LOL

It's amazing how people react once you show them you know what your doing out there!! I like going solo...saves time waiting for guys to show!

• Like 1

I played high school golf and peaked around a 3/4 but now I suck and am like a 20 lol. People always give me the benefit of the doubt though because I have a pretty good swing

I hear ya, Patrick! I had some really great rounds years 20 years back, and as I got older I'm kinda struggling with my touch around the greens. I feel like if I bought my body at Macy's I wouldda saved the receipt!! :rofl:

Once you have the swing though, it doesn't take much to get back on track. We just have to play more often! Covid fucked that all up for me last year. I have plenty of time this summer and I made a New Year's resolution to do just that! I'm going today to get my iron's lie and lofts fixed so I can get my shit together for some outings I have coming up.

It's great to be the fun drunk guy, but it's even better to be the fun, drunk guy who just shot a 68 and won the low gross! ;)

I played high school golf and peaked around a 3/4 but now I suck and am like a 20 lol. People always give me the benefit of the doubt though because I have a pretty good swing

This is pretty close to my issue. Didn't play HS but before kids came I was a 5/6 playing and practicing like crazy. Now, I suck, but my swing looks good.

Golf opened up this past weekend, and I completely abandoned my family. Played twice. 91 first day out. Yikes.

Monday went much better. 39 on the front, and had an easy look at a 78 or so, which would have been tits, but went 6/6/10 on 15, 16, 17 to compete my normal blow up. Like a warm blanket.

Truly, it was just great to get out with the boys, drink some beers, smoke a pack of darts. I could do that every single day of my life, it's just a shame about wives and kids.

I'm about 3.5 weeks from my kid coming. I still haven't broken 80. In fact, I've gotten worse. My swing feels like it's in good shape, but I can't avoid the huge numbers that just totally wreck my round. I'm solid for about 75% of the round and I have roughly 3 or 4 holes that totally blow up in my face.
  • Like 1