• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Must Weigh DeAngelo's Immaturity Against "Tantalizing Lure and Promise,"

Phil

2. If my math is correct, Tony DeAngelo made it through six weeks and 17 games without needing correction for another breach of behavioral conduct.

And this is supposed to represent progress?

Are the Rangers and Ranger fans honestly supposed to feel good about this?

DeAngelo is 23, not 18 or 19. This is his fourth season of pro hockey. And, given the opportunity of a lifetime to play first pair in the NHL, the New Jersey native could not make it through two months without being bounced from the lineup for being unable to meet one of the coach?s ?non-negotiable? principles.

The conundrum the Blueshirts face going forward with this pending restricted free agent (without arbitration rights) is weighing his immaturity against the tantalizing lure and promise of his talent he displayed through those last 17 games on the top matchup pair before sitting out Monday?s 3-2 overtime defeat in Edmonton.

DeAngelo?s package of skills is not only elite, it stands out on a team that is sorely lacking in the highest-end NHL talent. So the Rangers try to believe and they put in the time and effort with the righty defenseman.

But as far as being able to count on No. 77 as a building block for this operation, not so much.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/12/rangers-will-remember-this-chris-kreider-disappearing-act/

I took it to mean that the Rangers need to ride a line of wait and see on this player who, while he boasts elite-level talents (or star-level), lacks the professionalism that might otherwise award him a long-term deal.

I took it to mean that the Rangers need to ride a line of wait and see on this player who, while he boasts elite-level talents (or star-level), lacks the professionalism that might otherwise award him a long-term deal.

I think that's the sensible move. I love his play but they need to be a bit careful with term. It's a high risk move to go long term with him unless he comes really cheap.

I hope he sorts it out because the upside here is something else.

Brooks getting paid to S Quinn's D?

Kreider's drop in production, Lias scratch, DeAngelo dicked around...

Next, I assume Brooks defends Smith as the 12th forward?

Wait, wut? Kreiders drop in production is Quinn’s fault? Who was responsible when Kreider was on track for a career year, pre deadline?

DeAngelo has been traded twice and benched in other organizations for disciplinary issues.

Anderson hasn’t proven he’s an NHL talent yet.

I get that you don’t like Quinn but seems you could have better targets.

Is he another MDZ? Shame if he is.

I think he’s miles ahead of DZ in terms of talent but I’d be really curious to know what these maturity issues are. Considering it’s been a problem his whole career I’m surprised he hasn’t figured it out yet.

Nah, I think once (hopefully) he gets over this maturity issue, he'll be fine. He's got plenty of talent. It seems pretty obvious it's something us fans don't get to see.

I don't understand how he can have "maturity issues" as a 23 y/old in your 3rd season in the NHL making ~million dollar a year. If it isn't fixed by now, he probably has bigger problems that won't be solved.

Wtf even is "maturity issues"? Do he get mad at teammates? Talks against the coaches? Shows up late? Do he cry if someones mean to him? Whatever it is, it shouldn't take 3+ years to fix when you're a fuckin' professional making lots of money.

I don't understand how he can have "maturity issues" as a 23 y/old in your 3rd season in the NHL making ~million dollar a year. If it isn't fixed by now, he probably has bigger problems that won't be solved.

Wtf even is "maturity issues"? Do he get mad at teammates? Talks against the coaches? Shows up late? Do he cry if someones mean to him? Whatever it is, it shouldn't take 3+ years to fix when you're a fuckin' professional making lots of money.

I'm sure you have someone you work with or know that just can't stop stepping on their own dick no matter how old they are. I have a guy that works for me that can't stop doing stupid shit. We know it's a maturity issue too but some people just can't get out of their own way. And my guy is like 27 or 28. There's all different forms of it...generally you have to be around someone for a little bit to identify what the problem is and even then it's hard to communicate what the actual problems are.

I'm sure you have someone you work with or know that just can't stop stepping on their own dick no matter how old they are. I have a guy that works for me that can't stop doing stupid shit. We know it's a maturity issue too but some people just can't get out of their own way. And my guy is like 27 or 28. There's all different forms of it...generally you have to be around someone for a little bit to identify what the problem is and even then it's hard to communicate what the actual problems are.

kevin, your avatar freaks me out

No hats in class.

And spit out that gum!

Just Quinnisms. He doesn't like something, benched. Like Buchnevich getting benched for making a face during practice, and not for his play. Every coach seems to have a pet peeve, and this seems to be Quinns. Just wish, sometimes, it was more play-based instead of sitting guys playing well for arbitrary reasons.

Quinn's beating the [negative?] personalities out of them. Hopefully its more successful than when Renney and Torts tried this.

No hats in class.

And spit out that gum!

Just Quinnisms. He doesn't like something, benched. Like Buchnevich getting benched for making a face during practice, and not for his play. Every coach seems to have a pet peeve, and this seems to be Quinns. Just wish, sometimes, it was more play-based instead of sitting guys playing well for arbitrary reasons.

Quinn's beating the [negative?] personalities out of them. Hopefully its more successful than when Renney and Torts tried this.

maybe Quinn knows what he's doing?

Maturity issues = he?s a prick

I really like him as a player, but he?s got a history and you only need to watch that mic?d up vid from practice to realise this guy is a complete weapon.

I hope he finds a way to stay in Quinn?s good books because he?s quality and could be an excellent NHL defenseman.

I love DeAngelo?s style of play but at 23, it?s time for him to act his age and just play. The fact that we continue to hear of all the maturity issues is very concerning. I think if the coaching staff has to continue to babysit him it?s a waste of time for everyone?it takes time away from practice, working on schemes etc... I think we just need to cut bait with him, especially if we can get something in return or just come to the realization that he can only be counted on as a 6th-7th defenseman on our team?because he will be continually benched throughout the season for his ?immaturity?.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived