Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Andersson Lacks "Explosiveness" in Skating and Creativity

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    “Top six role with Jesper Fast and Vlad Namestnikov.”

Holy fuck that’s a sad statement.

I have no problem with a player earning his time. Frankly he hasn’t been noticeable since that shorty breakaway goal in preseason. So, until then, he doesn’t get rewarded when other players are playing better an equally trying to prove something.
    Last edited by ThirtyONE; 03-14-2019 at 05:11 PM.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    ďTop six role with Jesper Fast and Vlad Namestnikov.Ē

Holy fuck thatís a said statement.

I have no problem with a player earning his time. Frankly he hasnít been noticeable since that shorty breakaway goal in preseason. So, until then, he doesnít get rewarded when other players are playing better an equally trying to prove something.
    Does he deserve it? No.
    But I donít subscribe to this idea of 100% black & white meritocracy. As a general rule, sure, you earn your ice.
    But sometimes you have to make roster moves to try and coax something out of a player who isnít getting it together. I see no harm in giving Andersson a go alongside better players to see if he can gain some jump and confidence.
    Last edited by Gravesy; 03-14-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Does he deserve it? No.
    But I don’t subscribe to this idea of 100% black & white meritocracy. As a general rule, sure, you earn your ice.
    But sometimes you have to make roster moves to try and coax something out of a player who isn’t getting it together. I see no harm in giving Andersson a go alongside better players to see if he can gain some jump and confidence.
    That’s fine. My opinion is they’re giving him that chance just by having on the NHL team. He’s not an NHL player yet from what I’ve seen.
    GORTON 2020

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    No reason at this point in season to be not playing him in top six.Lets see what he can do, whats to lose?

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Uncle Larry, while making the obligatory qualifications about it still being early, clearly doesn't believe Lias has the talent to be a major NHL player, now or later. I wish I could disagree with him, but I just don't see the flashes of an elite player that you can expect to come together and be seen more consistently as he develops. If you had to bet your house on the question will Lias be a top six forward in the NHL, you would be foolish to bet that he will. It's far less than a 50-50 proposition.

That’s fine. My opinion is they’re giving him that chance just by having on the NHL team. He’s not an NHL player yet from what I’ve seen.
    Probably true. He strikes me as a confidence player though. And it seems to me his confidence has been completely shot by the way this year has panned out. It's pure guesswork but I think it could help him playing on a better line, hopefully seeing more of the puck and picking up a few points.

In any case, I've been entertaining the thought of trading him for a little while now. Would be interesting to see whether they can swing a change of scenery deal with the Oilers for Puljujarvi. Might have to sweeten the pot but I'd be interested in that. It could be a bit early and it might be a better idea to give him another year, but if he has another season like this there will be little to no value left.

Banned Midget Division
    I don't see him touching the puck at all. How many touches does he get a game, maybe 1 or 2? Are there any statistics on that?

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I don't see him touching the puck at all. How many touches does he get a game, maybe 1 or 2? Are there any statistics on that?
    He has been noticeably buzzing the crease lately, but that hasn't seemed to yield prominent puck touches, shots, etc.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    He has been noticeably buzzing the crease lately, but that hasn't seemed to yield prominent puck touches, shots, etc.
    yeah, he tries to get to dirty areas but the puck never gets there. polar opposite of puckluck

I don't see it as bad luck at all, hell his ONLY goal of the season went in off his ass. He just hasn't been good at all at this level, nobody's fault butt his own. Not saying he's a bust yet but he's shown nothing meaningful and for that high of a pick.......

I wouldn't be reflexively opposed to trading him for another similarly situated player who hasn't lived up to expectations in the first two years after the draft in the hope that the change of scenario benefits both players.

I think itís way too early to trade unless someoneís being an idiot and offering more than they should. It was a bad pick at a bad time and they clearly rushed him but that doesnít mean he canít still turn into something. He should start the season in Hartford and play a whole year there next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

manny malhotra really is the best comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    manny malhotra really is the best comparison
    While I mostly agree Iím hoping a little better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I said it elsewhere but I don’t understand why it’s such a rush to put these guys in the NHL. Anderson, Chytil, and Howden should have spent the year in the AHL. People bitch about the Wolfpack being shitty but they wouldn’t be shitty if they actually had our best prospects.

I also don’t think, under any circumstance should Kravstov make the team out of camp next year.
    GORTON 2020

I said it elsewhere but I don’t understand why it’s such a rush to put these guys in the NHL. Anderson, Chytil, and Howden should have spent the year in the AHL. People bitch about the Wolfpack being shitty but they wouldn’t be shitty if they actually had our best prospects.

I also don’t think, under any circumstance should Kravstov make the team out of camp next year.
    I agree that they shouldn’t be rushed. If they are ready great but even if during the season they need a stint in the minors then do be it. I really hope the rangers don’t count on any of them being major contributors next season. Build up the depth and let them develop. Soon enough they will be making impacts if you’ve ever them the conditions in which to develop.

Not under any circumstance? Really?
    Like everyone else he should make the team if he's good enough and deemed ready.
    They shouldn't rush anyone however and they shouldn't be afraid of kids spending time in the AHL if necessary. I feel they made the right decision on Andersson out of camp, but then fucked it up and got trigger happy with him instead of staying the course. Howden should probably have gone down for a stint, possibly Chytil as well.

If he’s great in camp, awesome. Send him down, see how he performs, and bring him back.

People are penciling him in on the 1st line next year, it’s absurd. He didn’t necessarily light the KHL on Fire so why would he suddenly be a first line NHLer?
    GORTON 2020

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Howden is just tired.

Going to the AHL isn't going to help that.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    So is Chytil. He was exhausted at like the 50-game mark.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast