• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Andersson Lacks "Explosiveness" in Skating and Creativity

Phil

That’s fine. My opinion is they’re giving him that chance just by having on the NHL team. He’s not an NHL player yet from what I’ve seen.

Probably true. He strikes me as a confidence player though. And it seems to me his confidence has been completely shot by the way this year has panned out. It's pure guesswork but I think it could help him playing on a better line, hopefully seeing more of the puck and picking up a few points.

In any case, I've been entertaining the thought of trading him for a little while now. Would be interesting to see whether they can swing a change of scenery deal with the Oilers for Puljujarvi. Might have to sweeten the pot but I'd be interested in that. It could be a bit early and it might be a better idea to give him another year, but if he has another season like this there will be little to no value left.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see it as bad luck at all, hell his ONLY goal of the season went in off his ass. He just hasn't been good at all at this level, nobody's fault butt his own. Not saying he's a bust yet but he's shown nothing meaningful and for that high of a pick.......

I wouldn't be reflexively opposed to trading him for another similarly situated player who hasn't lived up to expectations in the first two years after the draft in the hope that the change of scenario benefits both players.

I think it?s way too early to trade unless someone?s being an idiot and offering more than they should. It was a bad pick at a bad time and they clearly rushed him but that doesn?t mean he can?t still turn into something. He should start the season in Hartford and play a whole year there next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I said it elsewhere but I don’t understand why it’s such a rush to put these guys in the NHL. Anderson, Chytil, and Howden should have spent the year in the AHL. People bitch about the Wolfpack being shitty but they wouldn’t be shitty if they actually had our best prospects.

I also don’t think, under any circumstance should Kravstov make the team out of camp next year.

I said it elsewhere but I don’t understand why it’s such a rush to put these guys in the NHL. Anderson, Chytil, and Howden should have spent the year in the AHL. People bitch about the Wolfpack being shitty but they wouldn’t be shitty if they actually had our best prospects.

I also don’t think, under any circumstance should Kravstov make the team out of camp next year.

I agree that they shouldn’t be rushed. If they are ready great but even if during the season they need a stint in the minors then do be it. I really hope the rangers don’t count on any of them being major contributors next season. Build up the depth and let them develop. Soon enough they will be making impacts if you’ve ever them the conditions in which to develop.

Not under any circumstance? Really?

Like everyone else he should make the team if he's good enough and deemed ready.

They shouldn't rush anyone however and they shouldn't be afraid of kids spending time in the AHL if necessary. I feel they made the right decision on Andersson out of camp, but then fucked it up and got trigger happy with him instead of staying the course. Howden should probably have gone down for a stint, possibly Chytil as well.

If he’s great in camp, awesome. Send him down, see how he performs, and bring him back.

People are penciling him in on the 1st line next year, it’s absurd. He didn’t necessarily light the KHL on Fire so why would he suddenly be a first line NHLer?

People are penciling him in on the 1st line next year, it’s absurd. He didn’t necessarily light the KHL on Fire so why would he suddenly be a first line NHLer?

That’s a completely different argument than saying he shouldn’t make the team “under any circumstance”, which is just as absurd.

imo the rookies hitting a wall is to be expected in their first pro season. The elite seem to get by at a much higher level. Chytil and especially Howden started sliding down hill pretty early on. To me they should of been sent down at that time. Lias well he just never got going so he may have been better off spending the whole season in Hartford.

Going into next season my expectations for Howden are rather minimal and for Lias pretty much non-existant.

Chytil I think will establish he belongs on a much more consistent basis but if he doesn't we're fucked even more.

When Uncle Larry writes his column the day after the dismissal of Jeff Gorton, occurring the later of three years from now or 48 hours after the death of James Dolan, I believe the name "Andersson" will be featured prominently.

If Kravtsov makes the team he should be in the top six. No reason for him to be in the nhl if hes not. Let him get tons of minutes in ahl instead in all circumstances. Chytil should have been treated as such. Howden I have less of a problem with because he’s probably slotted now as he would be three years from now and he’s getting the minutes in all situations. Andersson being here is a joke. Any way you want to evaluate him he’s not a nhl player at this point in his career. He’s to slow, to weak, and not talented enough to play here at his age. I leave out if ever for now. What a summer for him though. Next camp is going to be huge for him. The B word probably starts next year if it’s fair or not.

If Kravtsov makes the team he should be in the top six. No reason for him to be in the nhl if hes not.

Again, I don't think it makes sense to be this categorical when discussing these things. Look at Svechnikov. He's had a very good rookie season playing mostly on the 3rd line, with some PP time and top 6 minutes mixed in. There is nothing wrong with a rookie being used that way. In Kravtsov's case he has already played two seasons as a pro in the KHL. There is very little to gain from him spending time in Hartford at a lower level than where he came from, apart from getting used to NA ice.

That being said, I agree there is no point keeping young players with the big team at all costs. If Kravtsov or Chytil start spending extended time on the 4th line or in the press box they might as well be in Hartford. And if they feel Kravtsov need time in the AHL to adjust after camp, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I think you're just projecting your feelings on to others. If you don't mind wins and losses, this has been an entertaining year of hockey, especially pre-deadline.

How many times was Phil pissed about moral victories and loser points? They were in alot of games. It was fine.

no doubt. agree on the take of howden and chytil hitting the wall. just a natural thing as these kids understand the grind. I'm not throwing any red flags on these guys or andersson just yet. hit the weights, get the skating coaches dialed up in the off season and fill out the frame a bit more. i'm not hitting the panic button just yet.

If Kravtsov makes the team he should be in the top six. No reason for him to be in the nhl if hes not. Let him get tons of minutes in ahl instead in all circumstances. Chytil should have been treated as such. Howden I have less of a problem with because he’s probably slotted now as he would be three years from now and he’s getting the minutes in all situations. Andersson being here is a joke. Any way you want to evaluate him he’s not a nhl player at this point in his career. He’s to slow, to weak, and not talented enough to play here at his age. I leave out if ever for now. What a summer for him though. Next camp is going to be huge for him. The B word probably starts next year if it’s fair or not.

This is just a completely baseless argument that is made almost daily. This makes no sense.

Not everything is an argument. Maybe I should have stated it more clearly. Kravtsov needs to play big minutes wherever he ends up playing.

I'm on record as saying that rushing these players to the NHL is not ideal. But I think it's actually more than that. I think expecting these players to be "good" or good enough to be a legit top 6 player from day one is a massive mistake and unnecessary pressure. I'm of the mind that these young players should be in the least pressurized situations possible from the start, that way they can build confidence and be moved into higher pressure spots as that confidence goes up over time.

So if the Rangers expect to be "good" next year (or try to make the playoffs), Kravstov shouldn't be in the top 6 -- at least to begin the season.

If they want him to get used to the NHL, I think the 3rd and 4th lines are fine, so long as they're not expecting production. Playing "minutes" just for the sake of playing, isn't necessarily helpful. They have to be purposeful minutes where the coach is expecting him to achieve something while on the ice.

I'm on record as saying that rushing these players to the NHL is not ideal. But I think it's actually more than that. I think expecting these players to be "good" or good enough to be a legit top 6 player from day one is a massive mistake and unnecessary pressure. I'm of the mind that these young players should be in the least pressurized situations possible from the start, that way they can build confidence and be moved into higher pressure spots as that confidence goes up over time.

So if the Rangers expect to be "good" next year (or try to make the playoffs), Kravstov shouldn't be in the top 6 -- at least to begin the season.

If they want him to get used to the NHL, I think the 3rd and 4th lines are fine, so long as they're not expecting production. Playing "minutes" just for the sake of playing, isn't necessarily helpful. They have to be purposeful minutes where the coach is expecting him to achieve something while on the ice.

This is where it all starts. Expectations dictate the level of pressure here for sure. I would be surprised if management expects to be good next year.