Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Andersson Lacks "Explosiveness" in Skating and Creativity

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post

People are penciling him in on the 1st line next year, it’s absurd. He didn’t necessarily light the KHL on Fire so why would he suddenly be a first line NHLer?
    That’s a completely different argument than saying he shouldn’t make the team “under any circumstance”, which is just as absurd.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    imo the rookies hitting a wall is to be expected in their first pro season. The elite seem to get by at a much higher level. Chytil and especially Howden started sliding down hill pretty early on. To me they should of been sent down at that time. Lias well he just never got going so he may have been better off spending the whole season in Hartford.

Going into next season my expectations for Howden are rather minimal and for Lias pretty much non-existant.

Chytil I think will establish he belongs on a much more consistent basis but if he doesn't we're fucked even more.
    Last edited by jsrangers; Yesterday at 07:14 PM.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    When Uncle Larry writes his column the day after the dismissal of Jeff Gorton, occurring the later of three years from now or 48 hours after the death of James Dolan, I believe the name "Andersson" will be featured prominently.

If Kravtsov makes the team he should be in the top six. No reason for him to be in the nhl if hes not. Let him get tons of minutes in ahl instead in all circumstances. Chytil should have been treated as such. Howden I have less of a problem with because he’s probably slotted now as he would be three years from now and he’s getting the minutes in all situations. Andersson being here is a joke. Any way you want to evaluate him he’s not a nhl player at this point in his career. He’s to slow, to weak, and not talented enough to play here at his age. I leave out if ever for now. What a summer for him though. Next camp is going to be huge for him. The B word probably starts next year if it’s fair or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    If Kravtsov makes the team he should be in the top six. No reason for him to be in the nhl if hes not.
    Again, I don't think it makes sense to be this categorical when discussing these things. Look at Svechnikov. He's had a very good rookie season playing mostly on the 3rd line, with some PP time and top 6 minutes mixed in. There is nothing wrong with a rookie being used that way. In Kravtsov's case he has already played two seasons as a pro in the KHL. There is very little to gain from him spending time in Hartford at a lower level than where he came from, apart from getting used to NA ice.
    That being said, I agree there is no point keeping young players with the big team at all costs. If Kravtsov or Chytil start spending extended time on the 4th line or in the press box they might as well be in Hartford. And if they feel Kravtsov need time in the AHL to adjust after camp, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by Gravesy; Today at 08:25 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123