Page 112 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2381

Thread: Working Out: The Health, Fitness & Diet Thread

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The dad-bod is "in" now.

Glad we got you on our side...or around our middle ... or wherever.
    OK, this is going all wrong.]

Well this then,, wot I believes is the proper link to the BroScienceLife
    Why Dad Bod is Worse than Ebola.
    https://youtu.be/iQlIPOTbuH8
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 08-11-2015 at 09:52 PM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Looks like I'm out of commission for 4-6 weeks with a broken toe
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing Teeth View Post
    What about the last 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What about the last 6 months?
    Do me a favor....
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    I've been seeing good results from eating healthier and biking to work everyday. I'm on schedule to commute over a 1000 miles by bike this year.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I've been seeing good results from eating healthier and biking to work everyday. I'm on schedule to commute over a 1000 miles by bike this year.
    That's awesome.

Working up to a bike commute for years -- injuries and shit have set me back.
    But this Saturday I might just do it, as it's not a regular workday and I can wear what I want.
    26 miles roundtrip with about 1500 feet of climbing.

Brainwave:

If I can't get my midday run in because of too much heat or other schedule conflicts; I'm thinking maybe go workout from 5:30 to 6:30; that way I can come back to the office and still get some more work done.
    Otherwise it gets to the end of the day at 8:30 and I'm too pooped to move.

How's the dog doing, though?
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 08-19-2015 at 04:52 PM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    Currently down to 232, which is about 43 pounds total over the course of 5 months. I haven't weighed this since 8th grade. I'm fitting into mostly XL's with some Large shirts fitting comfortably as well. Down from a 44 to a 40 pant size. I'm surprised how much of this has been because of a change in eating though. I haven't been working out more than once or twice a week, and certainly haven't been doing much lifting. That said, I want to get into a routine so that the final stretch of this weight loss, and what I want to look like will kind of coincide. My goal weight right now is between 200-210. Ideally, I want to reach that by December, which fits into how much weight I've been losing monthly.
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

You definitely want to workout so the extra fat won't look weird. Congrats on the weight loss, keep at it!
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by High and Wide View Post
    Currently down to 232, which is about 43 pounds total over the course of 5 months. I haven't weighed this since 8th grade. I'm fitting into mostly XL's with some Large shirts fitting comfortably as well. Down from a 44 to a 40 pant size. I'm surprised how much of this has been because of a change in eating though. I haven't been working out more than once or twice a week, and certainly haven't been doing much lifting. That said, I want to get into a routine so that the final stretch of this weight loss, and what I want to look like will kind of coincide. My goal weight right now is between 200-210. Ideally, I want to reach that by December, which fits into how much weight I've been losing monthly.
    That's pretty impressive, I think the working out probably makes more of a difference than you realize b/c of how it stimulates your metabolism.

Either way, it's amazing how much healthier people can be just by eating right.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Good work and good luck!

Thanks, guys!

You definitely want to workout so the extra fat won't look weird. Congrats on the weight loss, keep at it!
    That's what I'd like to avoid. I want to try and find a balance between not losing weight anymore because it is turning into muscle and just losing weight without any muscular gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    That's pretty impressive, I think the working out probably makes more of a difference than you realize b/c of how it stimulates your metabolism.

Either way, it's amazing how much healthier people can be just by eating right.
    It's basically been just a conscious effort to not eat shitty all the time. My snacking has gone down tremendously, or is at least healthier.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Good work and good luck!
    Hidden Content

It's basically been just a conscious effort to not eat shitty all the time. My snacking has gone down tremendously, or is at least healthier.
    When I've lost weight in the past, it's b/c I just stopped eating shit.

I also worked out a lot more than once or twice a week, but, it's mostly diet. I lost like 22 lbs in Jan - March, give or take, just cutting Mac N Cheese, Cereal, Bagels and cold cuts.

Thanks, guys! That's what I'd like to avoid. I want to try and find a balance between not losing weight anymore because it is turning into muscle and just losing weight without any muscular gain. It's basically been just a conscious effort to not eat shitty all the time. My snacking has gone down tremendously, or is at least healthier.
    High rep, low weight will tone you which I think is what you want. Also, you could ease your way into high interval intensity training (HIIT). Shoot me a message if you have any questions.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

I want to add like 200 calories per day. I have a food slot open before I hit the gym in the morning or between 2nd breakfast and lunch (10AM-1PM). Any ideas?

I was thinking some egg whites, but those shits are expensive and not particularly calorie dense.

When I've lost weight in the past, it's b/c I just stopped eating shit.

I also worked out a lot more than once or twice a week, but, it's mostly diet. I lost like 22 lbs in Jan - March, give or take, just cutting Mac N Cheese, Cereal, Bagels and cold cuts.
    My job is a lot of lifting and moving around most days, so I guess there's that. But I still want to get into some kind of routine. That's awesome though dude. I can't cut Mac N Cheese or cereal. I just try and eat them on days I'm working.
    Hidden Content

High rep, low weight will tone you which I think is what you want. Also, you could ease your way into high interval intensity training (HIIT). Shoot me a message if you have any questions.
    That's pretty much what I want. I'll shoot you a PM.
    Hidden Content

My job is a lot of lifting and moving around most days, so I guess there's that. But I still want to get into some kind of routine. That's awesome though dude. I can't cut Mac N Cheese or cereal. I just try and eat them on days I'm working.
    Do something like Starting Strength. Super easy to get into, will let you ease into working out - 3 days a week, simple lifts. It's basically the default for anyone looking to get into working out.

I want to add like 200 calories per day. I have a food slot open before I hit the gym in the morning or between 2nd breakfast and lunch (10AM-1PM). Any ideas?

I was thinking some egg whites, but those shits are expensive and not particularly calorie dense.
    In the morning I would say Greek Yogurt (Chobani 100 cal) and a banana. 2nd breakfast I generally do a bunch of almonds, though that's probably more than 200 calories, or cheese and crackers.

In the morning I would say Greek Yogurt (Chobani 100 cal) and a banana. 2nd breakfast I generally do a bunch of almonds, though that's probably more than 200 calories, or cheese and crackers.
    Already have greek yogurt with my lunch and a banana is part of 1st breakfast. I'm allergic to almonds ((((((((

Already have greek yogurt with my lunch and a banana is part of 1st breakfast. I'm allergic to almonds ((((((((
    Well then I'm out of ideas lol

I love smoothies but I never really like to take the time to make them. Spinach + citrus fruit + milk is what I usually go with. Probably will only be about 150 cals though, depending on what you do. I'm also eat a lot of PB&J sandwiches on wheat. That's closer to 300 cals I would guess, but maybe just do a half sandwich?