Thread: McKenzie: "Rangers want to get better in a hurry,"

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Duchene is a great add for next years draft. #lafreniere
    #suck(forthreeyears)forsavoie

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

McKenzie: "Rangers want to get better in a hurry,"

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    My rational is that I don’t want either. My only point is that Duchene can be had for far less money and probably less term. He is a two way center man not a winger. The rational is that you may get value for Duchene at 6 or 7m compared to panarain at 11. Duchene will signing on a low while panarain is at a high. Either way I dont want either player at all. Signing either will piss me off.
    I'm not sure what year you are living in, but it's not 2019. Duchene — who put up a career 1.16 P/GP in Ottawa, and a career 1.03 P/GP on the year — was offered $64 million (8x8) before he was traded by the Senators. He's getting at least that on the open market, which now that it's seven years max, is roughly a $9.15 million AAV.

I say at least because he's now the best (most productive) center on the market. All he needs is a second team with serious interest and a good agent to push to just south of $10 million in AAV.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Panarin just fought Mcavoy after taking a hard hit earlier in the game

Dudes were trading!
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Panarin: "Oh, Quinn likes players with an edge and grit? OK. Time to throw down the gloves and show some fire."

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Not sure Quinn will like someone trying to hit his former defensive recruit...
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I'm not sure what year you are living in, but it's not 2019. Duchene — who put up a career 1.16 P/GP in Ottawa, and a career 1.03 P/GP on the year — was offered $64 million (8x8) before he was traded by the Senators. He's getting at least that on the open market, which now that it's seven years max, is roughly a $9.15 million AAV.

I say at least because he's now the best (most productive) center on the market. All he needs is a second team with serious interest and a good agent to push to just south of $10 million in AAV.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Get it you disagree so much so that an insult is needed

Great I don’t want either. I don’t want Duchene at all. Got it?
    Last edited by Fatfrancesa; 03-12-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    #suck(forthreeyears)forsavoie
    Straw man argument. I don’t want to suck for years no more than I want to lose any of the remaining games. It is possible to improve and build towards a goal without handing out 7 year deals for $11m a year. It is possible. I’m not against signing players or making trades that help the team now. Entering into massive agreements with players who will be over 30 by the time this team is ready to contend I don’t want any part of. It shouldn’t be that crazy of an opinion to understand.

Straw man argument. I don’t want to suck for years no more than I want to lose any of the remaining games. It is possible to improve and build towards a goal without handing out 7 year deals for $11m a year. It is possible. I’m not against signing players or making trades that help the team now. Entering into massive agreements with players who will be over 30 by the time this team is ready to contend I don’t want any part of. It shouldn’t be that crazy of an opinion to understand.
    It's not. It's a valid route. It means trading Kreider though, and possibly Zibanejad. On board with that?

Not necessarily on either. What does kreider want contract wise? What does the situation look like come deadline next year. Zibanejad is under contract at a steal so not sure where he comes into question. To me Zibanejad is a core piece going forward. That can change over time but he seems like a great place to start building. To be honest I’m not sure on kreider.

Get it you disagree so much so that an insult is needed

Great I don’t want either. I don’t want Duchene at all. Got it?
    I wasn't trying to insult you. I was, I guess wrongly, trying to point out that the market value of players in 2019 is vastly higher than the $6-7 million you had pegged for Duchene. Those are 2007-ish numbers. When the cap was like $30 million less than it is now.

But we agree on not wanting Duchene at all.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

I... Wasn't addressing you

Not necessarily on either. What does kreider want contract wise? What does the situation look like come deadline next year. Zibanejad is under contract at a steal so not sure where he comes into question. To me Zibanejad is a core piece going forward. That can change over time but he seems like a great place to start building. To be honest I’m not sure on kreider.
    Well Kreider is the same age as Panarin. I imagine he also wants a long term deal (7 years?).

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Well Kreider is the same age as Panarin. I imagine he also wants a long term deal (7 years?).
    Speaking of which, I'm totally onboard with trading Kreider. He's never going to be more than what he's been on this team. Might as well get a good return for him.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Sure. Kreider is already here and has another year left under his current contract. So if kreider was a ufa this year I would have dealt him at the deadline. Like I said I would shop him this summer. If I didn’t like the offers I may hold onto him and reassess the situation during next season in which a decision could be made at next deadline. Of course what he wants matters. I don’t think he’s getting close to panarain money but who knows. If that’s the case I trade him. Regardless a decision on him doesn’t have to be made this summer like it does with panarain. The team as it’s positioned now should not hand out contracts like what panarain will get. If next year some of the young guys take massive strides and the team is improving quicker than thought than maybe I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I... Wasn't addressing you

Ok but your sarcastic post was directed at what? I respect your opinion and read all your posts. You and I are two of the few who don’t embrace the tank this season and I still don’t. Sorry if I assumed more than I should.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I wasn't trying to insult you. I was, I guess wrongly, trying to point out that the market value of players in 2019 is vastly higher than the $6-7 million you had pegged for Duchene. Those are 2007-ish numbers. When the cap was like $30 million less than it is now.

But we agree on not wanting Duchene at all.
    Your post was spot on. I am probably undervaluing Duchene but I do think he’s going to get less than he would have two months ago. Leave out the other planet comment and it’s a great post. The comment though was unnecessary to your point and only serves to ignite disrespect.
    Anyway thank you.

Ok but your sarcastic post was directed at what? I respect your opinion and read all your posts. You and I are two of the few who don’t embrace the tank this season and I still don’t. Sorry if I assumed more than I should.
    No worries, I was responding to Josh

day-to-day Midget Division
    7-8 years max money, with a no move clause. Sounds exactly like Rangers' management style.

How many buyouts/dead money have we dealt with in the past five years?

You can't rebuild and take on Panarin. It's the wrong timing for the Rangers. Rangers still have the Shattenkirk, Lundqvist, and Staal contracts for the next three years.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/rangers

Management should be looking to establish a 3-5 year window like 1994-1997 or 2011-2015 where we are serious competitors for the Cup. 2021-2022 or 2022-23 is the earliest we could start a 3-5 year window. Build a young core of talented players.... and in 3-6 years you can add the last veteran piece or two to the mix to solidify a Cup run.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

I'm in two minds on this one.
    I fully get where Fatty is coming from. I don't see this team competing in a few years, with or without Panarin. There is a bit of a risk involved, of course it is. He'll be 28 in October, and who knows what he'll look like in 4 years time when the Rangers are hopefully ready to contend again. He could still be excellent, he could slow down significantly. He's obviously choosing lifestyle over hockey and that could be a concern in terms of his motivation to put a struggling, young team on his back. And I think it's fair to say the Jackets have gone pretty much nowhere with him.

However. He doesn't have the NHL milage that other players his age usually have. And there is definitely a lot of value in adding a great player to a young squad. It could do wonders for players like Chytil and Kravtsov playing with a player like him. Zib, Panarin +1 is immediately a competitive 1st line. I don't think this team is tanking next season, certainly not enough to get close to the 1st overall pick, so there is an argument to trying to build a winning culture with this young roster.

I must admit I'm leaning towards throwing caution to the wind. But I can definitely see the other side of the argument.
    Last edited by Gravesy; 03-13-2019 at 05:34 AM.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast