• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

McKenzie: "Rangers want to get better in a hurry,"

Phil

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree. Any team that gets McDavid will have so little left that they will be looking at a five year building process, which is not what McDavid would want to go to in the first place. It would be tempting to give up whatever you have for him. It would be a disaster to give up future daft picks.

I dont think it kills the team too much, depending on what they are asking for.

Zibanejad (replaced by McDavid)

Chytil (Panarin, Kravtsov)

Skjei (cap space, plenty of young d in the system)

1st x 2

Can throw in an expiring contract, or Deangelo/Pionk, maybe Howden.

Wonder what it would take to get Draisaitl. 6 years left on a 8.5m contract just finishing up a 50 goal, 100+ points season.

Oilers could seriously get almost a half roster of quality players just by trading 2 players. Will never happen tho.

I don’t think he’s the problem though. Plus, oilers have no cap space, so they’d have to get a bunch of underpaid guys. Hard find in a cap world. And I don’t think they settle for picks and prospects with McDavid around.

if they move him, it will most definitely be for picks. they would be waiving the white flag and it would be just a massive rebuild. Not sure the Rangers move this way. we are far from one piece away where you give up the next 3 drafts to get him.

the best thing that could happen is that he declares that he only wants to play for x teams. if we were one of them, or better yet the only one, than you'd have negotiating power to pull this off.

he could build a michael jordan like brand if he came to broadway.

...Rangers just got better in a hurry.

Hell Yeah Phil!! I hope to God we get him!! I can't see the Devils passing on Hughes, just to watch him go to the Rangers to become a superstar! Either way, and I think Franny said it best; the pressure is all on them (Devils) to make the choice. The Rangers simply go with the second guy. Can't lose there!

I'd take either/or...but I'd much rather have Kakko!

...Rangers just got better in a hurry.

Yea, this definitely speeds things along. Ive been saying for a long time that this team needs to find a way to draft bonafide offensive talent if they don't want to repeat the last 10 years (no cups). They got lucky but they were due and I'll take it.

With the Rangers getting #2 overall and most likely drafting Hughes or Kaako, do you think this is the year that they make a move and give an offer sheet to Marner? Rangers willing to bite the bullet that they wouldn't be a lottery team for the next 4-5 years if everything goes according to plan if they think Kaako can play on the top 9 next season, Panarin signs, and maybe trade a Kreider for a D man?

With the Rangers getting #2 overall and most likely drafting Hughes or Kaako, do you think this is the year that they make a move and give an offer sheet to Marner? Rangers willing to bite the bullet that they wouldn't be a lottery team for the next 4-5 years if everything goes according to plan if they think Kaako can play on the top 9 next season, Panarin signs, and maybe trade a Kreider for a D man?
Toronto would match any sheet, with Matthews on a good deal.

I cannot see a reasonable scenario in which they are contenders next year. At best they’re a bubble team or a low seed that loses in 1st round.

What I’m actually hoping for is another year of futility and a lottery pick that opens the door to 15 years of contention.

Like Pittsburgh