• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

McKenzie: "Rangers want to get better in a hurry,"

Phil

I would trade Kreider either way. That's not what I meant. Talking strictly about bringing in UFA's.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I may agree depending on the strategy here. If they,

- sign Panarin: I would consider trading him in a deal for a good, young top 4 type defenseman. Possibly a forward if they could find one that makes this a Brassard/Zibanejad type deal. Otherwise, I can't really wrap my head around spending the money on Panarin to then dismantle the roster in succession.

- don't sign Panarin: Game for anything. Could be a young defender now or just a package of prospects and picks...don't really care.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kreider's value is highest at the draft, before free agency even starts.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Whatever the difference might be, if any, the decision probably shouldn't be made until free agency has happened. It's a hard sell for Panarin on coming here after you just trade Kreider.

If rumors are to believed panarin maybe more concerned with lifestyle than he is with how good the team is. Supposedly Florida is hot for him and surely that team is closer to contending and no state tax. Not sure if Miami has a large Russian population but it will be interesting if he has any feelings for them. Speculation for almost a year is that the rangers are a forgone conclusion.

The rangers should have a plan in place with how they want to build their team and targets both in the draft and around the league in which to achieve that team. Missing out on one player hopefully isn’t reason to have to scrap whatever plan they have. That plan should have been in place long before they knew panarin would reach free agency. Yet you are probably right they have no other plan. It’s exactly this dysfunction that has led to one cup in 75 years.

• 2 weeks later...
As badly as I would want McDavid, I can only imagine what the cost would be. I would guess multiple 1st round picks, multiple prospects/young players (Chytil, K Miller, Kravtsov), and probably at least 1 good roster player (Kreider?). I don't see how any potential trade wouldn't crush this team unless this price is terribly off, which I don't think it would be for probably the best player in the NHL.

They wouldn't be mortgaging the future. MacKinnon (23), McDavid (22), Rantanen (22) are the present and future. They'd be the Crosby/Malkin of the next decade. Or you talking about the Rangers?

Sorry, I was talking about the Rangers. We posted at about the same time. I agree that Colorado would be a better fit without being as detrimental to their makeup.

As badly as I would want McDavid, I can only imagine what the cost would be. I would guess multiple 1st round picks, multiple prospects/young players (Chytil, K Miller, Kravtsov), and probably at least 1 good roster player (Kreider?). I don't see how any potential trade wouldn't crush this team unless this price is terribly off, which I don't think it would be for probably the best player in the NHL.

I don't think we have the assets to offer them anything that would bring McJesus here.

Really trying to piece something together. But the point of McDavid requesting a trade would be to have a chance at playoff hockey in the future. If we trade everything to get him, we're still a lottery pick team

McDavid deal would be tough to win for whomever gets him. Ask would just be too high.

Need to wait it out a long time so Edmonton's leverage is eroded. Once he's openly asking for trade their leverage will begin to disappear.

I don't think we have the assets to offer them anything that would bring McJesus here.

Really trying to piece something together. But the point of McDavid requesting a trade would be to have a chance at playoff hockey in the future. If we trade everything to get him, we're still a lottery pick team

Man...we could have 4 1st rounders pending the playoffs, and have had 5 1st picks in the last 24 months. We absolutely have the assets to bring him in.

Man...we could have 4 1st rounders pending the playoffs, and have had 5 1st picks in the last 24 months. We absolutely have the assets to bring him in.
Well one is Lias... So I'm not really sure. It's not just about 4 mediocre 20 year olds for the best player on the planet in his prime.

McDavid has to demand a trade. That hasn't happened yet.

I?d trade any 3 draft picks plus any two current players for Mcdavid.

Kravstov

Shesthyorkin

Chytil

Kreider

2019 1st

2020 1st

Or

Shestyorkin

Chytil

Kreider

2019 1st

2019 1st

2020 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Those are actually some good offers to try and get McDavid but right now the offer to trade Kreider might not work because Kreids has a modified no-trade clause but EDM might want to take his expiring contract. That could also give us an incentive to sign Kreider in free agency once his contract expires at the end of next season.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/rangers

Those are actually some good offers to try and get McDavid but right now the offer to trade Kreider might not work because Kreids has a modified no-trade clause but EDM might want to take his expiring contract. That could also give us an incentive to sign Kreider in free agency once his contract expires at the end of next season.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/rangers

Good point. Gotta figure Edmonton is probably on his no trade list...

I?d trade any 3 draft picks plus any two current players for Mcdavid.

Kravstov

Shesthyorkin

Chytil

Kreider

2019 1st

2020 1st

Or

Shestyorkin

Chytil

Kreider

2019 1st

2019 1st

2020 1st

I would think the first trade could get it done but substitute Zibanajed for Kreider. If I?m Edmonton and I?m trading my best player I want the best player from the other team.

It's too dangerous. McDavid is unable to make the Oilers viable even with a legit 50 goal scorer riding shotgun.

Trading that many resources for a single player makes us no different than they are.

Edmonton also isn't going to trade him for any package at this point. This is only the 1st phase of discontent. It's going to take another full season similar to this before it starts to look like reality.

It's too dangerous. McDavid is unable to make the Oilers viable even with a legit 50 goal scorer riding shotgun.

Trading that many resources for a single player makes us no different than they are.

Edmonton also isn't going to trade him for any package at this point. This is only the 1st phase of discontent. It's going to take another full season similar to this before it starts to look like reality.

McDavid will carry this like some Medieval curse. Any team he arrives at is destined to suck because it has to be stripped to get him.