• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Marriage Proposal at MSG?

The Dude

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out how to set up a marriage proposal on the center ice screen at MSG on the 25th. I thought they do it through Garden of dreams with a $500 donation. Yet, when I emailed the woman you are supposed to contact, she says the Rangers don't do in game wedding proposals.

Did they stop doing them and only the Knicks will do them? Or is she misinformed?

I think they will put a message on the screen for $100,, but they won't get the proposal on screen. It'd be way cooler getting it on the screen.

Anybody have any experience with this or know anyone at MSG to contact?

Why would you want to do it when everyone is going to scream "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"?

If you really want to do it, just put the message on the board, and have someone take a video of the message in the background as you are proposing.

Looks like they are different.

I assume this is what you saw

Rangers:

https://donate.gardenofdreamsfoundation.org/Default.aspx?tsid=10767

In addition, you will be emailed a photo of your dream note within 7 business days of the game that you attended. Dream Notes are available up to 72 hours before start time.

Knicks:

https://donate.gardenofdreamsfoundation.org/Default.aspx?tsid=10769

In addition, you will be emailed a photo of your dream note within 7 business days of the game that you attended. Dream Notes are available up to 72 hours before start time.

Marriage proposal requests will be accommodated, based on availability per game, for a donation of $500 to the Garden of Dreams Foundation. For more information on marriage proposal Dream Note requests, please contact Kristina.Cella@msg.com. All marriage proposal Dream Note requests must be received two weeks prior to the game date.

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing that info, Josh.

On a related note: I understand they were just attempts at humor, but the OP didn't ask for any of your opinions on marriage or stadium proposals. He asked for specific information regarding experience or who to contact to get a clearer answer.

Were that a new user to the forum, I'd imagine that person would have left based on the now-removed responses. Please be more respectful in the future.

On a related note: I understand they were just attempts at humor, but the OP didn't ask for any of your opinions on marriage or stadium proposals. He asked for specific information regarding experience or who to contact to get a clearer answer.

Were that a new user to the forum, I'd imagine that person would have left based on the now-removed responses. Please be more respectful in the future.

Oh come on, it?s a good spirited thread with some fun

Thanks to all for the info. Phil I took no offense to what I read. I expected some jokes, so no hard feelings from me to anyone who cracked some jokes.

ive seen people propose on the center ice in rock center. got a very nice response from the crowd. and you get a cool pick infront of one of the most iconic statues in the world.

edit: much cheaper too. 500 probably buys a nice suite in the omni to celebrate/consecrate other things.... :drool:

MADISON SQUARE GARDEN GUEST RELATIONS

PHONE: 212.465.6225

Called. They didn't know. Transferred me to Garden of dreams, left a message. Have a feeling it went to the woman I spoke with in email. Looks like I might just have to have a message on the scoreboard.