• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Marriage Proposal at MSG?

The Dude

My bad. They left me a voicemail and said that for reasons not known to them, it's not an option for Ranger games right now. He sounded as if he gave a crap, which surprised me. I thought I was going to get blown off or given an attitude.

So, it looks like I will get the message on the scoreboard. Maybe get a few. Cause I know this dummy might miss it because she's going to have to pee or something.

My bad. They left me a voicemail and said that for reasons not known to them, it's not an option for Ranger games right now. He sounded as if he gave a crap, which surprised me. I thought I was going to get blown off or given an attitude.

So, it looks like I will get the message on the scoreboard. Maybe get a few. Cause I know this dummy might miss it because she's going to have to pee or something.

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all. It went well.

Almost hit a couple of snags.

Didn't think about getting the ring in through security, with her standing right there.. Thankfully I gave the security guy a shhhh sign (pointer finger over lips) as I put the box in the tray. He immediately caught on and buried it under my wallet and phone so she couldn't see it. Close call.

Second obstacle was room in aisle to get on a knee. Thought I was home free figuring nobody would show up to the game.. Sucker was packed right after warm ups. Had a young couple sitting to my right, with my soon to be (at the time.. bitch is mine now.. kidding!!!) fiance to my left. So I don't want to blatantly ask the girl to give me room and risk the GF hear me. So I pull up the notepad app on my phone and type "I'm going to propose to the girl on my left during the first intermission. Can you please give me room to get on my knee at that time?"... But now I just need this girl I never met to read my phone... So I'm nudging her with my leg trying to get her attention and at first she was thinking I was some dick trying to get more leg room... LOL. But I'm awkwardly motioning with my head to look at my phone which I have obviously pointed in their direction to see. I got a calming tap on the arm and a thumbs up.

Mid first period they play some clip from sex and the city about marriage.. and I'm like "oh fuck, oh fuck they are going to hook me up, oh shit", but thankfully the actor from the scene was there and that's why they played the clip.

First period ends and I have swamp ass and wished I had more than just one Guinness to start the period. The message was part of the Garden of Dreams and would be piled in with birthday wishes and such. So, I didn't know exactly when they were going to start it, or how many birthday wishes I would have to wait through (after I purchased the message last week, I got a call from Garden of dreams, and the woman said to be prepared because the message isn't up there longer than 10 seconds). I was nervous as fuck, just hoping I don't fall down, drop the ring, or just blither away like a schmoe and forget what I wanted to say.

Fucking knew she would want to go to the god damn bathroom. And it was RIGHT WHEN THEY STARTED THE "Dream notes".. I thought I was going to blow the surprise because I said, "No! You have to wait............... (She looking at me like WTF?)......... (and thankfully I saved it with...)..... Because the lines are going to be long, everyone is going to be down there.." Thankfully that worked.

Moment of Truth. Nailed it. Got a cheer from a few people around us and a bunch of crying young girls in front of us saying I should have told them so they could record it. The couple next to me were fucking awesome (Penn's fans though, bllllyuck). They got a video of her reaction and sent it to me (can't hear me though..). So cool! The guy even caught a T-shirt from one of the tosses and gave it to me ( he said.. "Penn's fans, wtf am I going to do with a Rangers shirt").

I think I may have had a small heart attack. LOL. Seriously. My left arm was tingling... But it all went smoothly. Didn't say exactly what I wanted to, but it came out ok and she was just too in shock to even comprehend anything I was saying.

I immediately went to take a 5 minute piss and got myself a Crown and Coke as well as a Brooklyn lager on the way back to my seat ( lead was blown by that point, but I didn't care).

So, if you are thinking of doing this, you better prepare or have some connections.

BTW I asked the girl who called from Garden of Dreams, why they only do proposals at Knick games and not Rangers... She had no idea...

And that's my little lame story about my marriage proposal at MSG.

• Like 1

Sounds awesome, Dude! I proposed to my wife at a Joshua Radin concert at Best Buy Theater. He sang "our song" which would eventually be our wedding song. It was tough hiding the box in my pants without her noticing it but I somehow pulled it off. It went great though. Glad yours went rather smoothly as well, congratulations!

• 2 weeks later...