• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Call D Libor Hajek

Phil

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't imagine he plays more than 9 games here. I guess they figure it is better to get the time in now opposed to right at the end of the season.

Probably right, you know they'll want to reward our old friend John Gilmour at some point. Maybe O'Gara, too.

I have a few things to say here.

First Hajek is my one of my favorite prospects that we have and my favorite prospect in Hartford period and I'm very excited that he's called up and to see him play.

I have not watched the WolfPack at all this year but I know they are an absolute train wreck and have read that Hajek has been atrocious down there. Besides being a -26, the worst on the team, someone with access to the AHL analytics has said that he is by far the worst on the team there too.

I don't know how this could happen because I remember how good and confident he looked in the preseason, but I think it is the coaching. I have heard horrible things about the coaching down there this season and I hope to god they make a change this offseason. Every player is struggling and the team is terrible. The guy we hired once took the Jets AHL team to the Calder Cup final and that team was successful but only had one player become a semi NHL regular. I have heard this guy is awful for development and I have heard that Hajek has become so crushed and broken that's he's been skating around as a shell of himself down there with no confidence.

He has 5 points in 58 games and 0 goals. I have to think the only reason they called him up is to remove him from that disaster.

As I said in my other thread I still don't understand how Fogarty isn't up here with him as he just signed an extension and scored a hat trick down there on Sunday. He's a better player than Nieves.

His first month wasnt good, then he played well for while. Then the whole team went off the rails.

He hasnt been "horrible", but below our inflated expectations.

To me, he appears to be thinking too much, and scared to make mistakes.

I agree with the call-up reason. Like Andersson, it was based on name, not play.

I guess we'll see. But sounds pretty disappointing so wondering why he's up certainly not based on performance. Thought that was Quinn's MO??

https://nypost.com/2019/02/28/its-still-too-early-to-tell-whether-rangers-won-mcdonagh-trade/

Not all call-ups are on the coach. Rangers coaches usually discuss with GM/Hartford management. This late in the season, in this situation, Quinn probably has even less say in call ups.

I thought he looked great in pre-season. I was hoping they would move more d at the deadline so Hajek/Bigras could have a better chance of a roster spot. This whole Smith experiment is getting tiring. After reading the comments I'm worried that Hartford may have messed with the Hajek we saw briefly in pre-season. Putting him with Pionk will probably get Hajek sent back down through no fault of his own. I guess we'll see as always.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

So now we’re making excuses for the guy because of who his D partner might be before he even ties his skates. Interesting. Does anyone think that 5 coaches, the gm, assistant gm’s, etc ... can make an accurate assessment on a player regardless of who their lineys might be? Raise your hand.

Getting paired with Pionk may not be as bad as it "looks."

If it means Pionk gets his minutes decreased as a result, I'm all for it. He seemed to have gone down the crapper once he was playing first pairing minutes. He can be a fine 3rd pairing defensemen if used as such IMO.

Getting paired with Pionk may not be as bad as it "looks."

If it means Pionk gets his minutes decreased as a result, I'm all for it. He seemed to have gone down the crapper once he was playing first pairing minutes. He can be a fine 3rd pairing defensemen if used as such IMO.

He can get paired with you for all I give a fuck. It doesn’t matter, and there’s plenty of reasons why.

Archived