• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Islanders Are Like Totally Over Tavares; Seriously, Like Completely Over Him

Phil

I'll say this much: it may have been one night, and they sure as hell deserve all the flak they get for not coming to see their own team play, but god damn are Isles fans creative as hell when they're inspired to be.

"We Don’t Need You," "That’s Our Captain," "Please Don’t Trade Me," "Barzy’s Better," "Past Your Bedtime," "Get Your Jammies," "You Can’t Beat Us," "Who’s Your Daddy?" — these are great.

Meanwhile, back at MSG, you can hear a pin drop on the ice when they're not pumping in canned sound, and our claim to fame is telling a guy who hasn't been in the league for 31 years and counting that he sucks on whistle cue. Oh, and a bald guy dancing to Jock James Volume II, is it? Awesome.

And before you write "Can You Hear Us," remember — that was eight years ago. It's time for new material.

I'll say this much: it may have been one night, and they sure as hell deserve all the flak they get for not coming to see their own team play, but god damn are Isles fans creative as hell when they're inspired to be.

"We Don’t Need You," "That’s Our Captain," "Please Don’t Trade Me," "Barzy’s Better," "Past Your Bedtime," "Get Your Jammies," "You Can’t Beat Us," "Who’s Your Daddy?" — these are great.

Meanwhile, back at MSG, you can hear a pin drop on the ice when they're not pumping in canned sound, and our claim to fame is telling a guy who hasn't been in the league for 31 years and counting that he sucks on whistle cue. Oh, and a bald guy dancing to Jock James Volume II, is it? Awesome.

And before you write "Can You Hear Us," remember — that was eight years ago. It's time for new material.

I hate both the stupid Potvin chant and Dancing Larry.

I can count on one hand the number of creative chants I've heard from the Garden crowd going back 20+ years.

"Sloppy Seconds!" — 2017

"Can You Hear Us?" — 2011

"You Can't Beat Us!" — 2012

"Re-Sign Avery!" — 2008

"Uncle Daddy!" — some time during the Civil War

My dream is to win the lottery, buy MSG and install a standing room only section behind the opponents net. It's 21+ and beers are $5. Chanting will be encouraged.

That game last night was awesome. The fans were awesome. The chicken dance with "Ta-var-es sucks!" was incredible. Snakes on the ice.

Hate fuels sports. That's what it's all about.

My dream is to win the lottery, buy MSG and install a standing room only section behind the opponents net. It's 21+ and beers are $5. Chanting will be encouraged.

That game last night was awesome. The fans were awesome. The chicken dance with "Ta-var-es sucks!" was incredible. Snakes on the ice.

Hate fuels sports. That's what it's all about.

Yea, I was jealous of the environment not the venue. Can't remember the last time I heard the Garden like that.

"We Don?t Need You," "That?s Our Captain," "Please Don?t Trade Me," "Barzy?s Better," "Past Your Bedtime," "Get Your Jammies," "You Can?t Beat Us," "Who?s Your Daddy?" ? these are great.

And before you write "Can You Hear Us," remember ? that was eight years ago. It's time for new material.

So true Phil and I can't stand the Potvin Sucks chant it is so old. The Isle fans were entertaining last night with all their chants so I have to give them credit.

Archived