• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Official Draft Pick / Rooting Interest Tracker

Long live the King

With 20 games to play and the deadline in the rear-view mirror, its time to keep an eye on that draft position.

Round One

#9 - NYR

#24 - WPG

Round Two

#40 - NYR

#47 - DAL (Becomes a 1st if DAL advances to the 3rd round Zucc plays in 50% of the playoff games)

#62 - TBL (Becomes pick #31 if TBL wins the cup)

Round Three

#71 - NYR

• Like 2

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think at this point it's safe to say that the worst 4 teams are locked up as: Ottawa, LA, Detroit, and Anaheim. I don't think anyone is going to "catch" them. I do think 5-9 can still be battled for but I just feel this Rangers team is too competitive still, even without Zuc and Hayes, to drop all that far. I'm thinking we end up drafting 9 or 10 unless we get extremely lucky with the ping-pong balls.

I think at this point it's safe to say that the worst 4 teams are locked up as: Ottawa, LA, Detroit, and Anaheim. I don't think anyone is going to "catch" them. I do think 5-9 can still be battled for but I just feel this Rangers team is too competitive still, even without Zuc and Hayes, to drop all that far. I'm thinking we end up drafting 9 or 10 unless we get extremely lucky with the ping-pong balls.

Looking at the schedules for games teams with less points than the Rangers play against each other. Lots of points t be had down there. Cross your fingers for lots of OT.....

Ottawa: EDM, VAN, EDM, NYR

LA: CHI, ANA, ANA, EDM, VAN, CHI, ANA.

Detroit: NYR, NYR, NJD

Anaheim: CHI, LAK, LAK, VAN, EDM, LAK

NJ: NYR, EDM, VAN, DET, NYR

Edmonton: OTT, VAN, NJD, OTT, LAK, ANA

Chicago: ANA, LAK, VAN, LAK

Vancouver: EDM, NYR, NJD, CHI, OTT, ANA, LAK

• Like 1

New Jersey and Edmonton are out of reach as well, sadly. We can hope that Chicago and Vancouver keep their playoff hopes alive for a week or two more.

But when the 'torn-down' Rangers field Georgiev and still take a point against Tampa, it's going to be tough. Best case is 7th-last, I'm afraid.

New Jersey and Edmonton are out of reach as well, sadly. We can hope that Chicago and Vancouver keep their playoff hopes alive for a week or two more.

But when the 'torn-down' Rangers field Georgiev and still take a point against Tampa, it's going to be tough. Best case is 7th-last, I'm afraid.

I’m sure we’ll see a lot of teams “take the night off” against the Rangers

Edmonton is rebuilding really well. This is how it's done. All those top picks they can't possibly fail.
Normally I'd reply that Edmonton FO are idiots... That said I really have slim faith in ours.

I'd love to move on from Clarke and Gorton.

On the surface it looks like Gorton is a moron, but I actually think he's fairly clever.
So far his deals seem break even or less. Like McQuaid we recouped picks in rounds, but moved down in actual slots. Stupid.

Clarke is the real issue here. Lias is a product of the same kind of thinking behind McIlrath in terms of "He's bound to be some type of NHLer..." When you're picking that early and leaving higher upside players on the board because "at worst you're getting a character player."

So far his deals seem break even or less. Like McQuaid we recouped picks in rounds, but moved down in actual slots. Stupid.

Clarke is the real issue here. Lias is a product of the same kind of thinking behind McIlrath in terms of "He's bound to be some type of NHLer..." When you're picking that early and leaving higher upside players on the board because "at worst you're getting a character player."

Unfortunately, they thought they were still a playoff team that would improve by A) swapping Stepan for Shattenkirk, and B) drafting Lias Anderson who they thought was essentially NHL ready and would help fill the void left by Stepan. They wound up being wrong with both decisions, but I don't think the logic behind the moves was errant. Sometimes shit just doesn't work.

Lias Andersson could still be good, but he couldn't have been further from NHL ready. Complete miss as far as that is concerned. He needs some serious strength conditioning, because what I see is a player that gets pushed off the puck way too easily. Like a kid versus a man.

Unfortunately, they thought they were still a playoff team that would improve by A) swapping Stepan for Shattenkirk, and B) drafting Lias Anderson who they thought was essentially NHL ready and would help fill the void left by Stepan. They wound up being wrong with both decisions, but I don't think the logic behind the moves was errant. Sometimes shit just doesn't work.

Lias Andersson could still be good, but he couldn't have been further from NHL ready. Complete miss as far as that is concerned. He needs some serious strength conditioning, because what I see is a player that gets pushed off the puck way too easily. Like a kid versus a man.

Very rarely is a 19 yr old physically ready for the NHL.. Chytil gets thrown off the puck like nothing as well. Both need and will work on that I?m sure.

But yea that. Anderson pick isn?t looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Very rarely is a 19 yr old physically ready for the NHL.. Chytil gets thrown off the puck like nothing as well. Both need and will work on that I’m sure.

But yea that. Anderson pick isn’t looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Hey I agree with you, but they were pushing NHL ready. If you're not physically ready, you're not NHL ready.

Hey I agree with you, but they were pushing NHL ready. If you're not physically ready, you're not NHL ready.

I still don't understand why you would say such a thing about a kid you just drafted. What is there to gain from heaping all that pressure on him to perform and the organization to play him straight off the bat?

What's wrong with just saying "We made the pick because we believe Lias will develop into an excellent 2-way center who plays a solid 200 ft game, his compete level is very high and he's got excellent hockey IQ for his age". Maybe they felt a need to defend going off the board, fuck knows really.

Unless the kid is a total no-brainer like Dahlin/Matthews etc, I just can't fathom why you'd do that. They had no idea how he would adapt to NA ice for starters.

I still don't understand why you would say such a thing about a kid you just drafted. What is there to gain from heaping all that pressure on him to perform and the organization to play him straight off the bat?

What's wrong with just saying "We made the pick because we believe Lias will develop into an excellent 2-way center who plays a solid 200 ft game, his compete level is very high and he's got excellent hockey IQ for his age". Maybe they felt a need to defend going off the board, fuck knows really.

Unless the kid is a total no-brainer like Dahlin/Matthews etc, I just can't fathom why you'd do that. They had no idea how he would adapt to NA ice for starters.

Welcome to the world of "Clarke ain't what he used to be". Jump in, the water is warm.

Holding steady at #9 this week. Three teams close to us, ANA still with three games to play against LA. Looks like a 5 to 9 finish is most likely.

Round One

#9 - NYR

#29 - WPG

Round Two

#40 - NYR

#48 - DAL (Becomes a 1st if DAL advances to the 3rd round Zucc plays in 50% of the playoff games)

Round Three

#71 - NYR

Holding steady at #9 this week. Three teams close to us, ANA still with three games to play against LA. Looks like a 5 to 9 finish is most likely.

Round One

#9 - NYR

#29 - WPG

Round Two

#40 - NYR

#48 - DAL (Becomes a 1st if DAL advances to the 3rd round Zucc plays in 50% of the playoff games)

Round Three

#71 - NYR

Wouldn't Winnipeg's pick be #25?