• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Official Draft Pick / Rooting Interest Tracker

Long live the King

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I meant San Jose. Do the Rangers need SJ to lose for some reason that I can' remember or are you just rooting for Vegas?
So pick 1 to 15 is set. The next 8 picks are the first 8 eliminated from the playoffs. So we want the Jets to lose first and foremost. Then we want a bunch of teams that had more points than the Jets, like San Jose, to also lose. This will make the Jets pick better for us.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 2

So pick 1 to 15 is set. The next 8 picks are the first 8 eliminated from the playoffs. So we want the Jets to lose first and foremost. Then we want a bunch of teams that had more points than the Jets, like San Jose, to also lose. This will make the Jets pick better for us.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Oh ok, got it. Thanks!

The next 8 picks are the first 8 eliminated from the playoffs. So we want the Jets to lose first and foremost. Then we want a bunch of teams that had more points than the Jets, like San Jose, to also lose. This will make the Jets pick better for us.

It's the next 12 picks, isn't it? I think only the conference finalists are fixed at picks 28-31, the rest are sorted by regular season points, like you said. So it's all about getting as many of the teams below Winnipeg into the conference finals - Carolina, St. Louis, Columbus, Dallas, Vegas and Colorado. So if Winnipeg do not go to the WCF, the pick is between 18-21.

The key is obviously to have Dallas go to the conference finals as that also guarantees that Winnipeg don't. If that happens while Tampa wins it all (yeah...), you could have 2+19+29+31 at the ultimate best case scenario.

It's the next 12 picks, isn't it? I think only the conference finalists are fixed at picks 28-31, the rest are sorted by regular season points, like you said. So it's all about getting as many of the teams below Winnipeg into the conference finals - Carolina, St. Louis, Columbus, Dallas, Vegas and Colorado. So if Winnipeg do not go to the WCF, the pick is between 18-21.

The key is obviously to have Dallas go to the conference finals as that also guarantees that Winnipeg don't. If that happens while Tampa wins it all (yeah...), you could have 2+19+29+31 at the ultimate best case scenario.

I may be wrong, but isn't there some sort of oddball criteria for division winners, or have they gotten rid of that?

I had thought it was:

1-15 based on record/lottery

16-27 based on playoff elimination and points, with division winners slotting in at 24-27 should they lose in the first two rounds

28-29 for the losers of the CF series

30 for the SCF loser

31 for the winner.

Not that it matters - your general point stands, and the idea that Tampa, Pitt, and SJ could all go out in RD1 is a pretty solid boost to the Winnipeg pick if they do so too.

• Like 1

I may be wrong, but isn't there some sort of oddball criteria for division winners, or have they gotten rid of that?

I had thought it was:

1-15 based on record/lottery

16-27 based on playoff elimination and points, with division winners slotting in at 24-27 should they lose in the first two rounds

28-29 for the losers of the CF series

30 for the SCF loser

31 for the winner.

Not that it matters - your general point stands, and the idea that Tampa, Pitt, and SJ could all go out in RD1 is a pretty solid boost to the Winnipeg pick if they do so too.

this is correct. Let's Go Dallas