Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Draft Pick / Rooting Interest Tracker

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    Let's also keep the losses in regulation, please.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Canucks beat Blackhawks in OT, perfect result.

Just need Ducks to pass us and then we're 5th last, no chance of falling any lower than that.

Senior Member Mite Division Rosenvold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Only posted this two weeks ago and I was fairly wrong with predicting how sucky the Devils were. They've sucked their way into the bottom 4 with their beer-league lineup. Now they're only 3 points out of the bottom 2.
    The Devils are a very good lesson for ourselves in a couple of years. A re-build is not a perfect sinus curve. You might be good one year, then bottom out the next, but still be on the right track with a re-build. If the Rangers make a heroic playoff push in 2019/20, it's not impossible that they collapse and go bottom-5 in 2020/21. That's the nature of a re-build and another reason why the notion of intentionally "shortening" or "prolonging" the rebuild is a little naive. This is sports - nothing goes as planned.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Too bad the west is so weak, dropping back almost 10 picks on that Winnipeg pick
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Canucks beat Blackhawks in OT, perfect result.

Just need Ducks to pass us and then we're 5th last, no chance of falling any lower than that.
    A loss tonight opens the door ever so slightly for the Red Wings to catch up. But yeah, 5th from last is probably the best they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    A loss tonight opens the door ever so slightly for the Red Wings to catch up. But yeah, 5th from last is probably the best they can get.
    Would still be 6 and 7 points down to Devils and Red Wings with 9 games remaining. Ofcourse not impossible, but cant see any of them winning 4 of the last 9 while we lose all.

Yeah, I thought the Wings were on 65 points for some reason.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    If they can settle into 5th, I'll be thrilled.

Gives them a good chance at the top 2 but whoever's there at #5 will be a solid pick.
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post

Gives them a good chance at the top 2 but whoever's there at #5 will be a solid pick.
    Yeah, unless they go on a streak in the last 10 games the Rangers will be drafting a really good player with their 1st.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Too bad the west is so weak, dropping back almost 10 picks on that Winnipeg pick
    I dunno, man. If I'm Winnipeg, I want that division title like a fat kid wants cake. STL in the first round feels like an upset just waiting to happen for whichever poor soul finishes 2nd in the Central.

If Winnipeg loses the division and then loses in round 1, that pick could be somewhere in the 20-ish range.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Yeah, unless they go on a streak in the last 10 games the Rangers will be drafting a really good player with their 1st.
    They will be in good draft position, yes. Player they wind up with is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They will be in good draft position, yes. Player they wind up with is anyone's guess.
    I'm choosing to believe last years 1st round moves is the new standard.
    I'm aware this could come back to bite me.

Senior Member Mite Division Rosenvold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post

Absolutely - however, finishing 5th-last most likely means drafting #6 or 7. Actually, for the 5th-last, there is higher chance of drafting #1 than #5. That's also why every place matters. Not so much to improve the percentages, but to improve the "worst case scenario".

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I'm choosing to believe last years 1st round moves is the new standard.
    I'm aware this could come back to bite me.
    Bless your positive outlook.

Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosenvold View Post
    Absolutely - however, finishing 5th-last most likely means drafting #6 or 7. Actually, for the 5th-last, there is higher chance of drafting #1 than #5. That's also why every place matters. Not so much to improve the percentages, but to improve the "worst case scenario".
    Right! Didn't take too many spins at Tankathon to realize that at the 5th or 6th slot, NYR are much more likely to slide down 1-2 (possibly, but not likely 3) picks than to make the top 3. Slot number 4 would be the worst, where you would have only a 2.1% chance of actually drafting 4th. The odds levelize for drafting at your standings slot (as in NYR was in the 9th slot last year and picked 9th) at about number 8. The table in this article is great and was done for 2017, when there were still 14 teams that missed the playoffs, but VGK was in the mix. http://sinbin.vegas/understanding-th...draft-lottery/ Would love to see an updated version, but haven't been able to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    Right! Didn't take too many spins at Tankathon to realize that at the 5th or 6th slot, NYR are much more likely to slide down 1-2 (possibly, but not likely 3) picks than to make the top 3. Slot number 4 would be the worst, where you would have only a 2.1% chance of actually drafting 4th. The odds levelize for drafting at your standings slot (as in NYR was in the 9th slot last year and picked 9th) at about number 8. The table in this article is great and was done for 2017, when there were still 14 teams that missed the playoffs, but VGK was in the mix. http://sinbin.vegas/understanding-th...draft-lottery/ Would love to see an updated version, but haven't been able to find it.
    http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

This?

Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    Duh. Yeah. Thanks.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Anaheim wins in OT. The Rangers are now alone in 5th worst! 6 points ahead of the Devils which seems unattainable but hopefully they can sustain their spot over the last 9 games.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    Devils win in shootout! Only 4 points behind(ahead) of NYR for 4th from last.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Devils win in shootout! Only 4 points behind(ahead) of NYR for 4th from last.
    But they have only 6 games left and we have 9. We need to lose and lose every game.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast