• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Official Draft Pick / Rooting Interest Tracker

Long live the King

Right! Didn't take too many spins at Tankathon to realize that at the 5th or 6th slot, NYR are much more likely to slide down 1-2 (possibly, but not likely 3) picks than to make the top 3. Slot number 4 would be the worst, where you would have only a 2.1% chance of actually drafting 4th. The odds levelize for drafting at your standings slot (as in NYR was in the 9th slot last year and picked 9th) at about number 8. The table in this article is great and was done for 2017, when there were still 14 teams that missed the playoffs, but VGK was in the mix. http://sinbin.vegas/understanding-the-nhl-draft-lottery/ Would love to see an updated version, but haven't been able to find it.

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

This?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they have only 6 games left and we have 9. We need to lose and lose every game.

And that doesn't negate what I posted, so...

Sens tied at 2 after 2 with Edmonton. As long as the game goes to OT I am happy. We're not likely to ever catch Ottawa so an Edmonton win puts them another two points ahead of us so that's probably our best bet since they're only 4 points ahead of us right now.

I'm sure it's an irrational thought but the fact that Buffalo has sucked so hard to end this season really pisses me off. I can just see them getting lucky and winning the lottery and adding Hughes to the mix with Eichel and Dahlin. Fuck them. Get better already!!! Tied with us for points...fuck that.

I'm sure it's an irrational thought but the fact that Buffalo has sucked so hard to end this season really pisses me off. I can just see them getting lucky and winning the lottery and adding Hughes to the mix with Eichel and Dahlin. Fuck them. Get better already!!! Tied with us for points...fuck that.

Dude seriously. Rangers blew a nice opportunity to close their gap with NJ and DET the other night.

Wow, it's getting much closer than I thought it would. Currently:

Buffalo - 71 points - 7 games left (Ottawa, Detroit, Islanders, Columbus, Nashville, Ottawa, Detroit)

Rangers - 71 points - 7 games left (Boston, St. Louis, Philly, New Jersey, Ottawa, Columbus, Pittsburgh)

New Jersey - 67 points - 5 games left (Detroit, St. Louis, Rangers, Carolina, Florida)

Detroit - 66 points - 6 games left (Buffalo, New Jersey, Boston, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Buffalo)

It's not at all impossible that New Jersey and Detroit take 4-6 points more, but the Rangers need to keep losing.

I don't know where to put this but, I'm noticing a big trend in the prospect blogger crowd to vastly over rate Euro leagues.

I see stuff like this all the time. In the Rangers case, I find it really weird that it's almost all British people as far as I can tell.